N

nooneishome

Oct 7, 2024
Just curious how much other people have tried to recover. This is what I've tried so far:

Inpatient psychiatric hospitalization 30+ times (mostly forced, involuntary)
Residential treatment 4 times
Ketamine
TMS
A bazillion different therapists
Group therapy
DBT/CBT
Tons of PHP/IOP programs
Basically every medication ever

I guess the only thing I haven't tried is ECT and I haven't heard good things. I really do wish I could find healing but I don't see how that's possible at this point.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake and Praestat_Mori
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Difficult to count what is considered treatment... Information is valid for 30 years.

Inpatient psychiatric clinic for 2.5 years in a row, further very short inpatient stays, approx. 4 outpatient therapies, tried approx. 12 different medications, various psychological consultations, self-help group, group therapy, meditation, sport, alcohol, toxic relationships, self-harm, a lot of different YouTube Videos about healing, health app against depression, good friend.

Not tried: Ketamine, MAO inhibitors, electroconvulsive therapy, body therapy, mushrooms/ayahuasca/LSD, adult rehabilitation,...

The best thing was: schema therapy, self help group, Sertraline+Elvanse, mediation/YouTube, good friend.

daley

daley

Student
May 11, 2024
Here is the list of things I've tried:

• Two psychologists ( for very short time - didn't work for me, but I think I wasn't really ready to cooperate)
  • Landmark Forum - this helped me a lot in overcoming hatred towards my father, and some concrete aspects of social anxiety.
  • Vipasna 10 day meditation retreat - didn't do much for me, but I think if you stick with practicing at home it might yield some benefits.
  • A psychiatrist - we had discussions, but I think what really helps is an SSRI, which I continue taking.
I feel pretty OK now, although I don't think I am what you could describe as normal.

silentcicada

silentcicada

Silhouettes on the ceiling
Aug 2, 2023
Countless amounts of therapy, too many medications, and ECT.

ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
Psych ward once, wilderness therapy (as a young adolescent), long-term residential as an adolescent, DBT 3 month residential, Outpatient therapy with 7 different therapists since I was 12 (CBT and DBT), with only one of those (current) being actually helpful, ketamine, TMS, and 2 types of antidepressants (but they don't do much for me). The ketamine is actually extremely helpful for me. I still get suicidal thoughts, I'm just not really that depressed. I do a ketamine infusion every 3-4 weeks.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've only recently tried to get some treatment for my anxiety. The therapist gave up after two sessions and told me to get a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist then also gave up on me after two sessions and told me only talk therapy could help me.

• Aww..
Reactions: ladylazarus4
daley

daley

Student
May 11, 2024
I've only recently tried to get some treatment for my anxiety. The therapist gave up after two sessions and told me to get a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist then also gave up on me after two sessions and told me only talk therapy could help me.
Wow! That sucks.
Did you have them talk between so they could figure it out?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Wow! That sucks.
Did you have them talk between so they could figure it out?
Neither of them appeared to be interested in that so I guess they just wanted to pass me off once they saw I wasn't easy to cure.

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and daley
S

sickdog

Oct 4, 2024
12+ years of therapy and medications. Involuntary inpatient hospitalization when I was 12 years old. I've been on every antidepressant and mood stabilizer and antipsychotic there is it seems. I recently started the process of getting signed up for TMS. But I feel pretty much hopeless and broken. I think I'm too fucked up to ever heal.

• Hugs
Innereye

Innereye

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
I've gotten about as much as I can from therapy. I know who I am and have a self that I can appreciate. still in ungodly amounts of pain but I've learned to own it.

I have potential treatments I'd like to try such as TMS and ECT on top of medical procedures for the numerous health issues I have.

This is pretty understated but psychedelics played a big part In my development, particularly my object relations and theory of mind.

• Hugs