D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Honestly, i can't stand it anymore. I'm downright suicidal but don't have the means to hang myself :(
If you were to compare the suffering & pleasure ratio in life, the suffering would far outweigh the pleasure.
Anyone here, agree?

Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I don't necessarily agree. Pleasure might actually outweigh suffering in my life, as things really started going to hell later in life for me.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Honestly, i can't stand it anymore. I'm downright suicidal but don't have the means to hang myself :(
If you were to compare the suffering & pleasure ratio in life, the suffering would far outweigh the pleasure.
Anyone here, agree?
I have had a life I considered to be worth living. It was not perfect but there were times that I look back and think that i'm glad i did not somehow CTB or die in some horrible accident to miss out on the rest of it. The best thing about life is that as time continues along one thing is certain: Truth will be revealed. That is one ultimate beauty of life is that you can come to know truth. For example many "conspiracy theories" eventually revealed as true or solved, some others totally debunked. Past events get more elucidated on and explained.

I think, at least for those in the rich countries, there is some value to be had for most of the citizens as long as they are healthy. For those in poor countries if they have good community support I think they can have an ok life too.

Ultimately I know i want to CTB but it is less out of dissatisfaction in general and just moreso having the ability to overcome old age and terminal illness easily. I have watched ancestors make it to very old age and I don't feel like going through the advanced decay especially since i am childfree and will have no one around to help

• Love
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I think this is the ultimate mystery of consciousness. You can never know how another person perceives life & why that is.
I would love to see if there is any research done on this. At least, in the field of consciousness studies.
I wonder what Jeffrey Dahmer's experience of consciousness was, and whether it explained how messed up he became.

Last edited:
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It varies for each individual but I'd say life is 90% suffering 10% pleasure for most of us.

• Hugs
Reactions: heretogethelp, Deleted member 23885, SuicidallyCurious and 1 other person
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I think this is the ultimate mystery of consciousness. You can never know how another person perceives life & why that is.
I would love to see if there is any research done on this. At least, in the field of consciousness studies.
I wonder what Jeffrey Dahmer's experience of consciousness was, and whether it explained how messed up he became.
I suspect dahmer was heavily abused as a child. There might even be evidence for this on wiki but i don't know and too lazy to check atm
It varies for each individual but I'd say life is 90% suffering 10% pleasure for most of us.
Its hard to disagree with your perspective. Even in rich countries like in US or europe - so many struggling just to get by

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and Deleted member 23885
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels like this... at least i have company

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife