laceandsilk

laceandsilk

silly space cadet
Apr 27, 2023
I'm terribly sorry if this has been asked before, or if it is stated somewhere. I am still new and figuring out my bearings. If this is the inappropriate area to ask this, please let me know.
I just wanted to know how much of this site is visible to the public eye? I have been a bit wary about making posts as I am a very paranoid person and I worry that maybe something I may say in a moment of impulsivity may give my identity away to someone who happens to be browsing this site as a guest. If some areas of this site are locked from public view, may I have a list of them so I know where I can feel a bit more relaxed? Has anyone been doxed here before? How did you handle it?

• Love
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, XIII and Per Ardua Ad Astra
thecolourgold

thecolourgold

night night coming soon. ❤️
Apr 22, 2023
I believe the entire site is in public view. Having an account only allows you to post, reply, and like, but a lurker can still see most if not all of the site. I don't know this for sure, I'm not an admin. But I did lurk for a long while before joining.

Reactions: Sageiois, XIII, coldbesideuu and 3 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I believe the entire site is in public view. Having an account only allows you to post, reply, and like, but a lurker can still see most if not all of the site. I don't know this for sure, I'm not an admin. But I did lurk for a long while before joining.
There's also subsection called the Sanctuary that you need like 200 posts to be able to access.

• Wow
Reactions: LonelyKitten, cryvinglightning, sadToast and 2 others
laceandsilk

laceandsilk

silly space cadet
Apr 27, 2023
Oh geez, that's concerning. But good to know. Thank you!
There's also subsection called the Sanctuary that you need like 200 posts to be able to access.
Ohhh wow. I guess I better get to posting ksbsjsnns. What exactly do they discuss in the subsection? Is it just more of the same, except secluded? No worries if you're not allowed to answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: XIII and thecolourgold
soontobedone

soontobedone

Leave blank
Feb 27, 2023
That's the first I've heard of a subsection.

Reactions: XIII and laceandsilk
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I'm terribly sorry if this has been asked before, or if it is stated somewhere. I am still new and figuring out my bearings. If this is the inappropriate area to ask this, please let me know.
I just wanted to know how much of this site is visible to the public eye? I have been a bit wary about making posts as I am a very paranoid person and I worry that maybe something I may say in a moment of impulsivity may give my identity away to someone who happens to be browsing this site as a guest. If some areas of this site are locked from public view, may I have a list of them so I know where I can feel a bit more relaxed? Has anyone been doxed here before? How did you handle it?
Anyone can create an account. You have to be 18 or over (though the site has no way of checking whether you are telling the truth when you say you are over 18). All posts (but not private messages) are visible to everyone who has an account. So if you need to keep your identity private, don't post any information that could indicate who you are. Stick to generalities, if you can. We know that some of the accounts belong to people who are hostile to this site, and who are here merely to create trouble for the site. There is nothing to stop them causing trouble for you too, if you gve them the opportunity. So be careful, and think before you post.

Reactions: XIII, Per Ardua Ad Astra and laceandsilk
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
The website is a stage and we are the actors.

Reactions: cryvinglightning, sadToast, thecolourgold and 4 others
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
Fewer people can access the Sanctuary, but it is not safe from people who want to dox you. Avoid writing anything too personal.

Reactions: sserafim, XIII, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hello and welcome. Sorry life has brought you here. Yes, 'The Sanctuary' is really just like the other parts of the forum- but can only be accessed by longer term members with more posts. Now and again, I believe the mods will make the 'Suicide Discussion' section private.

I do understand your concerns but I suppose there's also the flip side- how would we have found the site and felt safe enough (it wasn't a death cult- lol) to join if it wasn't public?

Yeah, the doxing thing concerns me also. I think some of the mods have been targeted before. All I would say is- be mindful of what personal information you share. I hope you can find some comfort here though.

Reactions: sserafim, Per Ardua Ad Astra, thecolourgold and 1 other person
xanga

xanga

pillboer
May 3, 2023
You can find It easly , in the country i live (where the goverment dont care about suicide) you can just find It with just a search on Google and no police will came at your house for It, i think is the same for most of the countrys

Reactions: laceandsilk
laceandsilk

laceandsilk

silly space cadet
Apr 27, 2023
Anyone can create an account. You have to be 18 or over (though the site has no way of checking whether you are telling the truth when you say you are over 18). All posts (but not private messages) are visible to everyone who has an account. So if you need to keep your identity private, don't post any information that could indicate who you are. Stick to generalities, if you can. We know that some of the accounts belong to people who are hostile to this site, and who are here merely to create trouble for the site. There is nothing to stop them causing trouble for you too, if you gve them the opportunity. So be careful, and think before you post.
Thank you for the information and advice. I tend to be cautious, but sometimes I get the urge to vent and remember that this site is public so I end up not saying anything. I guess that that's the better move, haha

Reactions: Linda
laceandsilk

laceandsilk

silly space cadet
Apr 27, 2023
Hello and welcome. Sorry life has brought you here. Yes, 'The Sanctuary' is really just like the other parts of the forum- but can only be accessed by longer term members with more posts. Now and again, I believe the mods will make the 'Suicide Discussion' section private.

I do understand your concerns but I suppose there's also the flip side- how would we have found the site and felt safe enough (it wasn't a death cult- lol) to join if it wasn't public?

Yeah, the doxing thing concerns me also. I think some of the mods have been targeted before. All I would say is- be mindful of what personal information you share. I hope you can find some comfort here though.
Hello! Thank you. This is good to know, thank you for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it very much.

And that's true! I did do my fair share of snooping before actually joining, and I don't know if I would have committed without my previous snooping, haha.

And oh god, that's horrifying. I don't understand what people think doxxing will even actually do. It just endangers someone, which is ironic coming from people who claim to be doing it for the concern of others. Thank you for the advice and welcome. You seem very kind.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Forever Sleep
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022

And oh god, that's horrifying. I don't understand what people think doxxing will even actually do. It just endangers someone, which is ironic coming from people who claim to be doing it for the concern of others. Thank you for the advice and welcome. You seem very kind.
Endangering and fucking up their lives is exactly the point. They don't care about logic. And yes, @Forever Sleep is among the kindest members here...

• Love
Reactions: ghost44, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Endangering and fucking up their lives is exactly the point. They don't care about logic. And yes, @Forever Sleep is among the kindest members here...

That's so kind of you to say. So are you. ❤️. I think there are a lot of really caring and amazing people on here. Makes it all the more sad when the forum is so badly misrepresented.

Reactions: thrutrekfinaly and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
Compromise :

Some support forums are partially public— ie — User Names and Avatars are redacted — until you become a member.

Even then certain sub forums are private / require longtime membership/ subscription requests (all free).

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
The whole site is viewable for guests without an account but I think one or two of the sections have been locked for members only but I'm not sure on that.

The doxxing I'm worried about too, this place is being monitored/watched and I'm not liking putting my personal information and situation up on here but it might be too late for that now.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
Appearently there is a Sanctuary section but I dont know how to get in so

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Appearently there is a Sanctuary section but I dont know how to get in so
It's in the drop-down menu at the top of the page, just to the right of the words SanctionedSuicide. However, you may not be able to access it if you have only a few posts. (I think that's to make it a little harder for hostile outsiders to get in there.)

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
It's in the drop-down menu at the top of the page, just to the right of the words SanctionedSuicide. However, you may not be able to access it if you have only a few posts. (I think that's to make it a little harder for hostile outsiders to get in there.)
Is it "Private"? I clicked on it but it takes me nowhere…

Butterfly213

Butterfly213

Oct 31, 2023
Doxxing is quite a concern for people if they want to talk about their personal life and something happened to them. I think talking generalities will be a useful way to avoid that and not talking or referencing about any of the stuff that can help anyone to trace back to you.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Like everything it depends on how much work people are willing to put in. As far me no concerns... No one cares enough to put in that type of work. Others may not be in that category.