Eridanos

Eridanos

Confused
Feb 24, 2020
I feel like I changed A LOT in just a one year span. Although some parts of me are still the same I think like I've almost changed a lot in such a short amount of time. I have yet to know if I changed in someone better of someone worse, but yet I changed and now I feel much less confident in taking decision for the future because I run the risk of that future not involving me per se but someone who just looks like me.

I'd like to know experiences from other people. How much do you think you changed through time? For better or for worse?

• Hugs
Reactions: Luchs, demuic and Brick In The Wall
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I've been through a similar period of crisis before. This just feels like the inevitable and a return to where I was then. Suicidal ideation is basically chronic for me. 16 years of it since I was 12 years old.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Eridanos
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I've been through a similar period of crisis before. This just feels like the inevitable and a return to where I was then. Suicidal ideation is basically chronic for me. 16 years of it since I was 12 years old.
I don't know if I'm falling for the confirmation bias, availability bias or something, but I see so many people mention that things started at this exact age. 12.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Celerity and Brick In The Wall
KyussEatsTheSun

KyussEatsTheSun

Jul 14, 2021
2020 - 2021. Death. Full of death. Aunts and Uncles - dead. Father - dead at 51. Drank himself to death, dumbass. Therapist - dead. Fuck. I want to join them now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters, demuic, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
In ways I have grown immensely, yet I still sit in the same position.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I don't know if I'm falling for the confirmation bias, availability bias or something, but I see so many people mention that things started at this exact age. 12.
No, I think you're onto something. Adolescence/puberty is the beginning for a lot of people. The earlier shit starts for you, the worse your case. I think the critical time I heard is 14-16, but we at SS are at the very end up the bell curve on poor outcomes, so 12 really sounds about right.

Reactions: Largeletters, demuic and chocolatebar
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Ive become more suicidal in the past year.

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
A lot in general improvement. I started exercising more consistently and I have felt a lot of happiness and enthusiasm about life.

I feel like I have just grown up as a person. It's better this way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eridanos and AtMostOkay
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think for me, I have never liked living really, but as I got older over time, I have became more suicidal as I have had more life experiences and became more tired of life. I think a year ago I was in a similar position really. I'm not sure if there is a way I will ever change that much, suicidal thoughts are a part of me now.

Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
A lot, mostly for the better. Thankfully. But it's still extremely hard. I don't know what to do.

• Aww..
Reactions: Celerity
coffee

coffee

Peace!
Jul 23, 2021
My life totally changed beginning exactly on July 27th 2020. Since then I got suicidal tendencies.
My life totally changed beginning exactly on July 27th 2020. Since then I got suicidal tendencies.
Because of divorce!

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
A lot, mostly for the better. Thankfully. But it's still extremely hard. I don't know what to do.
Even when I improve, life really doesn't get any better. I think there are just some people who are meant to suffer just like some are meant to live easy lives filled with luck. There's no fairness to any of it, just the luck of the draw (or lack thereof).

I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
I have changed SO much in a year. Every positive optimistic thought is gone. I've lost my dad, nephew, cat, my husband and daughter hate me.... I used to he suicidal but at least TRY to see the rainbow. Now I realize it doesn't exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
coffee

coffee

Peace!
Jul 23, 2021
I have changed SO much in a year. Every positive optimistic thought is gone. I've lost my dad, nephew, cat, my husband and daughter hate me.... I used to he suicidal but at least TRY to see the rainbow. Now I realize it doesn't exist.
Feel bad for you. I'm here if you want to talk m

I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
Feel bad for you. I'm here if you want to talk m
Thanks, maybe sometime. I'm a little drunk. But my dad died by ctb and my 18 yr old nephew died in a car explosion, my cat just had diabetes. My husband makes twice as much money as me so I'm useless.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
A lot. But fundamentally I'm the same person. My eyes have just been opened to different things.

Last edited:
coffee

coffee

Peace!
Jul 23, 2021
Thanks, maybe sometime. I'm a little drunk. But my dad died by ctb and my 18 yr old nephew died in a car explosion, my cat just had diabetes. My husband makes twice as much money as me so I'm useless.
I can understand you. Don't think you are useless though.

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
From a personal standpoint of who I am as a person I haven't changed much, it is just that my opinions have become far more polarized and radical and have also shifted a lot over the last year.

Reactions: Celerity