How much do you sleep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I've been thinking a lot lately about sleep and how much sleep I used to lose all the time. I only recently started sleeping eight hours every day and while it has made me feel much more alert and all around physically better I'm still in the same spot mentally. I'm curious though about how often others sleep and rather it helps them think more positively or does it just not matter in the end? Do you think if you got more sleep every day you would no longer have as strong an urge to ctb?

Reactions: Nemeshisu, voyager, Readytogo#Broken and 2 others
TheEndof

TheEndof

It's getting dark and it's getting cold
Dec 31, 2019
It varies. Lately I've been getting 6-7. It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get. I'm always tired.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Nemeshisu, MiserableBastard1995 and 8 others
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
It varies. Lately I've been getting 6-7. It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get. I'm always tired.
I absolutely know that feeling. Hang in there, at least being tired isn't always necissarily a painful feeling.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Nemeshisu, Soul and 3 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Carpe noctem. I usually sleep 5-6 hours a night and it's definitely too little. It's very stupid really, as I'm bipolar and should make sure to get enough sleep and have regular sleeping habits.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, AlexM, Circles and 2 others
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Carpe noctem. I usually sleep 5-6 hours a night and it's definitely too little. It's very stupid really, as I'm bipolar and should make sure to get enough sleep and have regular sleeping habits.
It's alright you could be doing much worse. I used to get 2 hours often and stay up the whole day feeling like absolute trash and wanting to die every second of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Nemeshisu, Sensei and 3 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I sleep at least 12 hours nowadays sometimes as much as 24 hours. I do absolutely nothing but I feel so exhausted all the time. Fatigued. I think because I have a nuerological condition. Quite lucky to be able to sleep I know a lot of others here have trouble.

• Hugs
Reactions: ondodera, Nemeshisu, Sensei and 6 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Lately I've slept around 10-14 hours just to not exist and get through the days faster, but it feels weird like the days blend in together after a certain point also and makes each passing day feels like the same pointless day as before. I'm always tired and weak when I'm awake especially with my back pain and I would rather be asleep most of the time if the human body could withstand it. I wish there was a switch to go to sleep whenever we wanted to. :/

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, ondodera, Death is beautiful and 11 others
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I am lucky if I get 3 to 5 hours of sleep a week :(

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu, MiserableBastard1995, Deleted member 1465 and 6 others
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
10-15 hours usually, yet each time my exhaustion only worsens.
"Those with the blood of a werewolf can never gain resting bonuses from sleeping." ©

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nemeshisu, MysticPerception, Sensei and 3 others
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
I sleep at least 12 hours nowadays sometimes as much as 24 hours
Jeez, I envy! 5-6 hours a night taking sleeping pills. Depression does it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu, MysticPerception, Sensei and 2 others
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
It honestly depends on when I take my lithium and if I've taken sleeping pills that night or not, but typically 5-6 hours.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Nemeshisu, MysticPerception and 1 other person
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
The problem might not be sleeping as such, but really the fact that we can't wake from this state. The body sleeps, but the mind doesn't. The last time I actually remember sleeping well and feeling rejuvenated was in 1993. A few months later my issues began. I try to aim for around eight hours, but really my sleep has been all over the place. 2018 I had like three hours per night for over two months. This would've been unthinkable a few years before when everything below four would kill me and six was the minimum. Before ~2010 I could sleep ten hours or more. Had to force myself to get out of bed, but felt exhausted nevertheless. Now, when insomnia kicks in, I can lie awake all night with ruminating thougths. I pretend to sleep, pretend to wake and after a few hours I function normally. I don't like it, but it's all the same really. Slept seven hours this night, yawned five times in the last ten minutes...

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, mediocre, Nemeshisu and 3 others
F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
I sleep at least 10 hours a day, often times even 12 hours. Still tired afterwards and unable to function. During the day I don't do much physically but often times lay on my coach, so realistically I spend all day doing nothing but maybe 2 hours max something usefull

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Nemeshisu, Skathon and 4 others
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
I spend all day doing nothing but maybe 2 hours max something usefull
Same here. The most awful I have no any reasons for it, no pain, no grief, nothing. Just can't do nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Nemeshisu, wannabenorwegian and 4 others
wannabenorwegian

wannabenorwegian

Jan 1, 2020
I can't say how much I sleep. I stay awake for so long, that I fall asleep out of exhaustion and then i wake up when I wake up. But nevertheless I feel tired all the time. Two days ago I buyed vitamins (D and K) because I read, that the lack of them maybe causes this contant tiredness. But i'm not particulary positive if this helps

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, forever21, mediocre and 2 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Usually like 14 hours. Sleep is my only escape.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, forever21, mediocre and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Around two hours a night if I'm lucky. Spend all night going to the toilet.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, forever21, mediocre and 3 others
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I have most odd sleep patterns ever, but I say that usually I sleep 6-7 hours. However there are days when I sleep just 3 hours. There are days when I can sleep for 14 hours. There are even days when I don't sleep at all. I seem tired regardless of what amount of sleep I get.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, voyager, forever21 and 2 others
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
I get about 7-8 hours of sleep at night but I'm always tired. I'm haunted by nightmares all night long.

• Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
I get about 7-8 hours of sleep at night but I'm always tired. I'm haunted by nightmares all night long.
Sorry to hear that. Nightmares are terrible I wish there was an easy way to make them go away permanently.

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote
Rena rossy

Rena rossy

will be blue
Dec 24, 2019
It actually depends, when I feel anxious I sleep like 2 or 3 hours, even if I feel tired I can't sleep when I feel like that. When I feel depressed, I sleep too much and barely eat, I have been able to sleep 12 hours, wake up drink a little of water and go back to sleep again... And then, waking up tired again... And now, in addition to that, nightmares just the cherry on top that I needed

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Before I was medicated it varied between 1 and 3 hours, then I'd be awake for maybe 22 or 24 hours before another small sleep. Now I have medication I can sleep up to 12 hours.

• Hugs
Reactions: forever21
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Some days I sleep 3-4 hours, others 6-8 and I sleep during early morning or during the day when I don't have classes. My sleep became really chaotic.

• Hugs
Reactions: bed
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Last semester I probably slept 3-4 hours on average, right now I get 6-7 hours by taking fewer classes this sem. Still have to get up in the middle of every night to take a piss though

bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
8-9 usually. i used to sleep more but i can't now.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Not enough. I always end up staying up too late overthinking everything and then it makes me feel tired the next day. I often wake up during the night. Sometimes the tinnitus keeps me awake as well. When I am actually asleep I have nightmares. I do wish I could sleep forever and never wake again.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I've been thinking a lot lately about sleep and how much sleep I used to lose all the time. I only recently started sleeping eight hours every day and while it has made me feel much more alert and all around physically better I'm still in the same spot mentally. I'm curious though about how often others sleep and rather it helps them think more positively or does it just not matter in the end? Do you think if you got more sleep every day you would no longer have as strong an urge to ctb?
I sleep as much as possible and when I'm not asleep I'm miserable and stuck reliving past trauma, I'm stuck being angry about being stuck, I'm stuck without closure. When I do sleep, it seems like it's never enough - it's my only escape. The closest I can get to nonexistence.

• Hugs
Reactions: motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Five hours
I sleep as much as possible and when I'm not asleep I'm miserable and stuck reliving past trauma. When I do sleep, it seems like it's never enough - it's my only escape. The closest I can get to nonexistence.
Dreamless/ nightmare-free sleep must be wonderful...

Last edited:
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
On nights I have class I'll sleep a few hours. Non class days I'll sleep until I get up and will even take naps throughout the day. Most nights I'm up checking markets and NFTs trying to occupy mind with trading and learning new ways to trade or approaches to trading.

Reactions: Beeper
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm all across the board, literally anywhere from 5 to 12 hours. I have nothing I need to wake up for, so it's just up to the sleep Gods.

• Yay!
Reactions: bed, Shadowplay and Beeper