N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Probably kind of average. Okay all jokes aside.

I mean other people have told me I am not the only one who is suffering in life. Though I think I have it way way worse than the average person.
But how much do these people really suffer? Maybe it is pretty hard to quantify that. Moreover I might gloss over their struggle. By the way who is an average person anyway?
Maybe someone with no (severe) mental illness, no strong persisting pain, someone with a stable income. Though this probably depends on the country. I rather think about people from western (rich) countries. Someone with a partner, no huge debts and someone who likes his/her body.
Maybe such a person would have a better life quality than the "average person". I am not sure. Probably all people have their (little) demons. Or at least they know people close to them with big problems.
But if everyone is suffering why is there such a lack of empathy for vulnerable people in our societies. Yeah maybe suffering does not mean becoming more aware of such problems.

I know some average people. They don't want to die instead they try to live as long as possible. Something I absolutely can't relate too. I just wished I would die in my sleep every single day. Yes they also have problems. Though in contrast to mine they are not this existential and often solvable.
I think my life is quite insane. It is like a rollercoaster or sometimes even a horror show.

I envy average people. Some mourn how boring their life was. I would do anything for this feeling. My life is a daily fight for survival with extreme pressure. I just wish my life was this average and boring.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Less than you by a large margin. It's very obvious that suicidal people are indubitably the ones that are suffering the most of ALL the world's population, as the will to exist is incredibly fundamental to any organism and a phenomenonal amount of discomfort is needed to override it.

Reactions: Marine and Huntfish34
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I remember reading something about how being born is one of the greatest traumas that almost every living being undergoes and if that's true it means all those souls come out with at least that form of suffering as a bare minimum.

Reactions: WorthlessTrash and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I remember reading something about how being born is one of the greatest traumas that almost every living being undergoes and if that's true it means all those souls come out with at least that form of suffering as a bare minimum.
"We are already in Hell. It is the earth itself that is Hell, the prison constructed for us by an intelligence superior to our own, in which I could not take a step without injuring the happiness of others, and in which my fellow creatures could not enjoy their own happiness without causing me pain."
August Strindberg

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In a world like this it is impossible to escape suffering. It seems as though humans are brought into this world just to suffer, to me existence is completely pointless and unnecessary as well. It is impossible to really know how others experience life as we cannot read their minds.

The way people appear to be does not always reflect the reality. Many people may appear to be doing well on the outside but in reality they keep all their pain to themselves. I do believe that all human beings suffer, as life itself is objectively horrifying. Things could get so much worse for anyone and people could end up in the worst pain imaginable. I do not understand how anyone could ever want to live.

Reactions: VivantMort