R

Remember-Me-Not

I think I'm going to be okay.
Dec 10, 2019
I'm sure some of you all are familiar with the "Spoon Theory." Basically it was a metaphor designed to help people understand how people with chronic illnesses have a limited amount of energy (spoons). I find that it is very applicable to my own mental health, because I just feel so exhausted at the end of the day that I just lay down, even if I have to feed myself, or if I should be doing laundry, or if I should be brushing my teeth, etc etc.

You could interpret/answer this any way you want, but, how many "spoons" do you have, and how do you use them everyday?

I personally have like... 2 spoons on a bad day and like 5 on a good day. I use one spoon to look presentable for the day. Another spoon to feed myself a proper meal (instead of cheez-its or a spoon of ice cream). During the weekday when I work, I feel like I go into the negatives with my spoon, leaving me on the weekend with only one spoon. Thank god I don't have any pets or people I need to take care of.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Angst Filled Fuck Up, nopointofliving and 6 others
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
I only need one to scoop out the SN.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: g0921, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Anxieyote and 6 others
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
At the moment, too few spoons in any case ...

Reactions: Remember-Me-Not and The Lonely
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not know exactly how many, but I do not have a lot of energy. In general I lack the will to live and things easily tire me out and I have to force myself to do many tasks. I get into habits of staying up too late and that causes me to spend the next day basically half asleep. However no amount of sleep will give me energy. In this life, everything stresses me out and that is just the way I am personally. Tasks that others find straightforward are difficult to me. So basically, I have a low amount of spoons.

Reactions: outlook56, Disappointered, Remember-Me-Not and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I like Spoonman by Soundgarden.

Feel the rhythm with your hands
(Steal the rhythm while you can)

Reactions: Shadowplay, Grumpy Bear and Remember-Me-Not
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
A negative number...

• Hugs
Reactions: Remember-Me-Not
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
There's no spoon. - Neo and soon, Me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, summers and Remember-Me-Not
restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
I run out of clean spoons fast

Reactions: Remember-Me-Not and Disappointered
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I have a spoon for brushing my teeth, a spoon for showering/taking care of my hair, a spoon to get groceries. So I guess I have 3 spoons on most days.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
When I run out of spoons, I use knives.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Remember-Me-Not and Rogue Proxy
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
i don't have spoons and i've to keep swallowing.

Being a little more serious ... 4 or 5 a day ... But many times I have spent it just tolerating people who under normal circumstances i wouldn't. (Fucking family ...)

Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I have a trusty tactical assault spoon to mow down anyone in my path. My spoon will take home the trophy; it is the best.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Remember-Me-Not, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
R

Remember-Me-Not

I think I'm going to be okay.
Dec 10, 2019
Damn, you beat me to it:

I never watched the Matrix so I didn't get the original comment at first. Now I freaking love that quote because tbh same
I have a trusty tactical assault spoon to mow down anyone in my path. My spoon will take home the trophy; it is the best.
Jesus I need a spoon like that, where can I find it? I tried looking, but they only sell big version on Amazon and I need a smaller one for my cereal.

Last edited:
dearlybeloved998

dearlybeloved998

Lost and confused
Dec 10, 2021
I don't think I lack energy. I only lack volition, will to do something. Even if I'm not tired I might still be unable to complete a task solely because I don't care enough to do so or because I don't find it rewarding. So I guess I will put my spoons in two categories: Energy and Volition.

Spoons of energy: 600 - 800.
Spoons of volition: 30 on a good day, 20 or less on a bad one, and often, much less.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I have 1 to 2 spoons most days. My life in general is a disaster due to debilitating fatigue. On Monday I saw to my horror that I logged 4000 steps on my smartphone. Sure enough, I have spent the rest of the week paying the price. Legs throbbing, lethargy etc. I will never recover from this chronic fatigue either. It has been with me for years and I am sure I will have it til the day I die.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and lostundead