How many people in real life talk to you about suicide?

Votes: 7 14.3%

Votes: 2 4.1%

Votes: 5 10.2%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • More than 5

Votes: 8 16.3%

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Personally, 3, one my friend was kinda joking at some point about it. I know he could do it , he is not healthy. But he doesn't know about my desire to ctb.

And 2 old people on my floor in my building, we talked and they said it , like you know when its time and im suffering too much i will do it. They are old and suffering so of course they will think about it.

You know when people talk about it , sometimes its like a joke or its very fast,hard to know if they are serious and its hard to know what to do when you already suicidal , im not the person to help them.

Them too , they don't know im suffering and not that far to ctb, it kinda feel weird that i cannot open up about it with them , maybe i dont want them to ask me for a suicide pact.

I dont know.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Sleeper System and edu0z
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
literally everyone i talk to, so 4 XD
my exhus because im living with him and the only one i talk to in person
my friend considering we met on a suicide site (not this one)
and my bf and his friend because theyre 2/3s of my support group (i dont talk to the other 1/3 but still count her because of the way the situation is. its complex and filled with lots of hurt/estrangement...)

• Hugs
Reactions: edu0z and Gonnerr
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
0 as I personally think talking to others about it is an exceptionally bad idea.

Fair enough if you are not serious or a cry for help but if you are genuine, it can't do anything but cause problems.

Reactions: dekayingkong and Gonnerr
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Only here can I talk about suicide. If I talk about suicide irl they will lock me up in a mental hospital.

Only on this site do some people get it .

they made subjects like Death , suicide , horrible things that can happen, questioning the meaning and goodness of life, taboo subjects .

it's not rational : why is Death a taboo subject since we are all going to die anyway?

. And only here I can also vent about how I think life is bad . Only here can I see others might have similar views. But even here some people get upset if someone dares to say life is bad in general. They, like the ny times say that we are encouraging suicide which is a lie

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonnerr, Rogue Proxy and ijustwishtodie
johann_liebert

johann_liebert

Im freien Fall nach oben
Nov 11, 2023
No one. Only me, when I'm drunk.

Reactions: Gonnerr
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
One has loosely. I know they are fed up with their lot and have been suicidal in the past. They haven't said it directly though and they tend to try and force themselves to be positive, so it's hard to know how they really feel. They probably have a fairly strong idea that I am but again- I don't say it directly. I wouldn't reveal to anyone that I had a plan or the means to do it. Most people I know are really struggling in life. They may not be suicidal but, they're far from happy it sounds like.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Real life 0, online, a lot, SS is there for a reason after all.
It's just not worth the risk and the trouble irl to me. What if someone decides to hospitalize me? What if they start telling everyone else? What if they start nagging me about going to therapy or getting help? ETC. The list goes on. I have prefect spaces to talk about it online, so unless someone else start the topic and they seem serious about suicide. I will not bring mine up, aside from obvious jokes.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I'm in a bit of a strange dynamic with my MH team (Psychiatrist, Psychologist and Care Coordinator). They'll allow me to openly talk about suicide, my methods (they've even agreed not to tell the police about my N as long as I'm keeping it secure from anyone else), my reasons, the impact it would have on my family etc. They know I need this outlet to help me process my thoughts and keep me more stable, but there is a line. If I ever admitted I'm going to attempt on X date, I'd be asked to admit voluntarily and if not, they'd whack a section on me - that's the duty of care they're held to by law.

They know the likelihood of me CTB is high and due to the length of time I've had these thoughts, they've judged me as having capacity to make this decision.

I'm grateful for their approach, but it's taken a number of years for us all to build this much trust.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Irl 0 people talked to me about suicide / wanting to die. All people I know outside of this community are fine and are not even close to consider suicide. Apparently they are fine and have no reasons to consider suicide.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
The topic of suicide comes up somewhat often irl for me although never about my desire to ctb as I keep that fairly private. It'll come up randomly from either some joke someone would make about suicide (usually me tbh) or something in the news. Thankfully it's rarely been people hating on the idea of suicide for me but more of a confusion on why they'd want to do it.
I usually can tell them that not everything is how it seems on the surface and the people who seem the happiest might be feeling the opposite internally. I'm sure the fact I defend suicide so much makes me look suspicious for being suicidal but I don't care, they have no probable reason to assume I'm suicidal myself (I hope).
I'm not sure if it helps them understand suicide even slightly more or not but hopefully they understand to not take everything at face value all the time.

Reactions: breezeboy and Gonnerr
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Nobody in real life knows about my suicidal thoughts. The majority of people I see regularly are not people who I want knowing about my life, and this means anything not just suicidal ideation. As for family? They will not understand; there is also a certain family member who will definitely use my suicidal thoughts against me.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
None, I don't really see it as a good idea to be open about suicide. It disgusts me how we exist in this anti-suicide society where suicidal people are punished by being locked up in psych wards simply for not wanting to exist. Sadly so many people hold pro-suffering beliefs and believe that wanting to die is the problem rather than existence itself.

Reactions: floralheaddress, Gonnerr and Rogue Proxy
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Only 2 people but that's because I was at the hospital for a self harm cut and I had to talk to a psychiatrist and a crisis worker and they both were asking me questions about if I was suicidal or not.

TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
Me and all the homies suicidal we just don't talk about it with each other đź’Ż

Reactions: Gonnerr and breezeboy
O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
A couple of people know. One is a friend that has been passively suicidal in the past.

L

LifeCanBeCruel

Jan 2, 2023
The only people I've briefly spoken to about it refuse to discuss it any further.

Ignore the problem and it will go away, I guess.