• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I didn't make it. And I'm not just out of college. Was always a mediocre beta who had been disrespected and neglected from birth by my own family. Didn't have the combination of genes and mysteriously timed good fortune to overcome the exponentially increasing deficit I started out with. Went through the hoops for school and a career. Same story if not worsened. Have been a dead inside zombie ever since. I honestly believe that if I'd been adopted into a different family with decent parents, I'd have led a relatively normal life and been spared decades of misery.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Most people derive meaning for living from their work and their family (marriage & children). If you don't have those, not even as goals to work towards, no wonder you are suicidal. ("But he who sins against Me wrongs his own soul, all those who hate Me love death" Proverbs 8:36). You may want to reevaluate your beliefs about life. To most, the fulfillment of those goals (based upon their religious faith), more than compensates for the struggles and hardships involved. If you choose to go another way, that's your choice. You are still young enough to change your choice. Why are you complaining about it here?

Here's a clip about an excellent movie I recommend, "It's a Wonderful Life" (1946).

You honestly sound oversocialized to me. Also, why are you on a suicide forum? Clearly your relationships are not enough to keep you from feeling suicidal. It's sad that you're brainwashed and conditioned by society

"Psychologists use the term "socialization" to designate the process by which children are trained to think and act as society demands. A person is said to be well socialized if he believes in and obeys the moral code of his society and fits in well as a functioning part of that society."

"Moreover the thought and the behavior of the oversocialized person are more restricted by society's expectations than are those of the lightly socialized person."

"Thus the oversocialized person is kept on a psychological leash and spends his life running on rails that society has laid down for him."

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
There really needs to be a no intolerance rule here.
You're the one being intolerant of me. You're trying to force your beliefs onto me. You're on this forum too, so clearly you haven't gotten enough fulfillment from relationships to not be suicidal
There really needs to be a no proselytizing rule here.
So true

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
You're the one being intolerant of me. You're trying to force your beliefs onto me

So true
@MBG she's right. She has her reasons. That you don't agree or think her reasons are bullshit is your problem. Not hers. Please stop trying to force your vision onto others.

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
You're the one being intolerant of me. You're trying to force your beliefs onto me. You're on this forum too, so clearly you haven't gotten enough fulfillment from relationships to not be suicidal

So true
I'm not being "intolerant" of you, I'm not trying to have you silenced. I'm merely offering my observations and some suggestions that might alleviate some of your unhappiness. Whether you choose to heed them or not is entirely up to you. And as far as "forcing my beliefs upon" you, that is really kind of melodramatic: how can I "force" you to do or not do anything over the internet?

Take care. Nite

SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
I'm not being "intolerant" of you, I'm not trying to have you silenced. I'm merely offering my observations and some suggestions that might alleviate some of your unhappiness. Whether you choose to heed them or not is entirely up to you. And as far as "forcing my beliefs upon" you, that is really kind of melodramatic: how can I "force" you to do or not do anything over the internet?

Take care. Nite
I mean you are clearly projecting beliefs though. You also invalidated someone's reasoning for simply being on this forum. What is a good enough reason to be here in your eyes? What's your reason?

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I'm merely offering my observations and some suggestions that might alleviate some of your unhappiness.
No one asked for your suggestions on how other people should live their lives. I started this thread to ask how many people hadn't joined adult society, not how many people hadn't joined fundamentalist Christianity.

Last edited: