Q

Quinnalyn

Jun 17, 2023
How many of you have experienced sexual violence

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I would answer yes and no because sexual education in my state is pretty vague when it comes to that topic and the ones surrounding it or its taboo to talk about so I didn't realize what happened until years later and I'm still confused about it now as an adult

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13, Sweet Tart, Quinnalyn and 2 others
Q

Quinnalyn

Jun 17, 2023
I would answer yes and no because sexual education in my state is pretty vague when it comes to that topic and the ones surrounding it or its taboo to talk about so I didn't realize what happened until years later and I'm still confused about it now as an adult
Probably if you think you might have you probably have, not trying to be bossy sorry

Reactions: psp3000
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I had a paedophile stepfather.
Enough said.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Space Outlaw Bunny, enough of this, š–£´ nadia š–£´ and 4 others
sera

sera

forever sleep
Jun 16, 2023
the world sucks doesn't it :) i hate existing in a world with sexual violence

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Message In A Bottle, Space Outlaw Bunny, enough of this and 3 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Probably if you think you might have you probably have, not trying to be bossy sorry
it didn't come off that way don't worry !

I had to think about it even more because I was raised in a religious environment and those classes were based in religion mostly or at least funded by religious organizations and were extremely outdated which didn't really help when it came to those things

(I took the classes several times from 2015 - 2017 if I remember correctly and the booklets and videos were from the 90s and 00s) and we had to sign a celibacy contract and everything and the teacher wasn't helpful or qualified so we spent most of our time just eating donuts and watching films like Penelope or Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on the projector or eating donuts to make up or say sorry for all of those pictures of STDs we had to see on the projector

TL; DR: really makes me wonder what sexual education is like now and if it has improved or not when it comes to topics such as sexual harassment, rape, and intimate partner violence

synthie

synthie

Jan 12, 2022
Sexual education is one of the best ways to help prevent abuse. It's hard to know what's even happening to you sometimes without education. It's pretty sad.

Reactions: greywings
Q

Quinnalyn

Jun 17, 2023
it didn't come off that way don't worry !

I had to think about it even more because I was raised in a religious environment and those classes were based in religion mostly or at least funded by religious organizations and were extremely outdated which didn't really help when it came to those things

(I took the classes several times from 2015 - 2017 if I remember correctly and the booklets and videos were from the 90s and 00s) and we had to sign a celibacy contract and everything and the teacher wasn't helpful or qualified so we spent most of our time just eating donuts and watching films like Penelope or Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on the projector or eating donuts to make up or say sorry for all of those pictures of STDs we had to see on the projector

TL; DR: really makes me wonder what sexual education is like now and if it has improved or not when it comes to topics such as sexual harassment, rape, and intimate partner violence
I'm 21 I went to a very liberal grade/middle school and highschool. We learned about enthusiastic consent birth control and how to use a condom mostly.

• Wow
Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I'm 21 I went to a very liberal grade/middle school and highschool. We learned about enthusiastic consent birth control and how to use a condom mostly.
we didn't even talk about consent like at all

the booklet was literally just the meme below although we did discuss condoms and various form of birth control (they mostly emphasized on the 1% chance of it not working and why it shouldn't be an option and the quote "There's no such thing as "safe sex"") so I was absolutely terrified of the thought of ever doing anything although I wasn't interested in the first place anyway

Nights

Nights

Student
Apr 27, 2023
Once time i was almost kidnapped by a pedophile

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Message In A Bottle and The anhedonic one
sadstuffie

sadstuffie

Student
Aug 11, 2020
multiple times...by family & partners.

• Aww..
Reactions: Message In A Bottle and Quinnalyn
Parasitic

Parasitic

Tew
Jun 16, 2023
Yes. Through emotional blackmail and abuse but I no longer mention it because people would just mock and laugh at me about it

iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

Most likely dissociating
May 5, 2023
Few times, mostly by my then best friend

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Once time i was almost kidnapped by a pedophile

Please stop using the word pedophile incorrectly.

Those people aren't actual pedophiles they are child sadist/child molesters.