T

tardis

Sep 7, 2019
I know 14 digits after 3:

The last 4 digits I only learned recently but I knew the digits just not the order.

I would love to learn 762 like Richard Feynman wanted

I myself once learned 380 digits of π, when I was a crazy high-school kid. My never-attained ambition was to reach the spot, 762 digits out in the decimal expansion, where it goes "999999", so that I could recite it out loud, come to those six 9's, and then impishly say, "and so on!"

Reactions: Manaaja and rationalis
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
That's impressive!

Did you make yourself remember those digits through hard work, or do you have some kind of special ability to just remember any number easily?

I only know of 3,14 from school :smiling:

Reactions: Lynh, Manaaja and tardis
T

tardis

Sep 7, 2019
Thank you. I don't have a special ability, I just learned a little bit at a time when I was in high school.

Reactions: Lynh and rationalis
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Peepeepoopoo
Images 1

• Yay!
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, GenesAndEnvironment and tardis
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I only remember the 3. I can't even remember 14 anymore, I just remember it's a little over 3. But I remember that pi times the line which goes through the circle is the circle's what the hell is that word in english - amount of line? I have to use a dictionary. Pi times the circle's diameter is the circle's circumference. I really can't talk about mathematics in English. ^^'

Hard to think I used to be really good at math ages ago. When you don't study or use the knowledge, you often quickly forget it, sadly.

Reactions: tardis
mlha

mlha

Ex falso quodlibet
Nov 7, 2021
Four: 3.1415 and the approximating fraction 355/113.

Reactions: tardis and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I only ever learned 5 digits after the 3. Most of the time, even when an answer was supposed to be approximate, I would work with π and approximate once I reached my solution.

Edit, on a PC, the greek letter π can be insterted using the alt code alt227

Reactions: tardis and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Reactions: tardis and mlha
needed_

needed_

waiting for a miracle
Dec 17, 2021
Thank you. I don't have a special ability, I just learned a little bit at a time when I was in high school.
we also had to do that at school, we did a little contest. whoever could memorise the most until the next day would not need to do math homework that day... you're a doctor who fan? who's your favourite doctor?

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I never had that at math, but math was the subject I hated the most.

T

tardis

Sep 7, 2019
we also had to do that at school, we did a little contest. whoever could memorise the most until the next day would not need to do math homework that day... you're a doctor who fan? who's your favourite doctor?
I'm not a big fan or anything I just liked the name tardis. The David Tennant one is the one I remember best.

Hard to think I used to be really good at math ages ago. When you don't study or use the knowledge, you often quickly forget it, sadly.
@Manaaja I hear you. I had to take a break from any serious math due to work and my mathematical abilities plummeted. It's really a tragedy. I was never a genius but I love math 🙁

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Manaaja and needed_
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I used to know quite a few. Now I don't remember pi at all. I used to know the periodic table, now I only remember the first two. I am only a shadow of my former self due to illness. I forget names, places, people, words that I said and heard, and things that have happened to me.

I used to be a nice piece of machinery. Now I'm not even fit to be sold for parts.

If someone says "pi", I think of apples and cinnamon (no, I'm not trying to be funny).

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, tardis and mlha