Experienced
Jun 7, 2018
Suicide attempts don't count.

Reactions: Circles
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
Only one so far. My mother told me that I almost died moments before birth. She can't imagine how much I wish I did.

• Hugs
Reactions: Strumgewehr, Asta and Circles
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
I have two. I was born a couple weeks early. My mom went into labor the day after Thanksgiving, and thought I was just gas. When I was delivered, I wasn't breathing, and they had to revive me, then put into the NICU. She told me over the next two days, I had to be resuscitated several times. It was the 70's and my mom smoked during her pregnancy. She probably wanted to make sure she didn't gain any weight.
Then, when I was 9, while at the ocean, I was caught in a really bad riptide wading around in waist deep water. It pulled me under so fast, and with such strength, I swore someone had grabbed me. I couldn't get my head out from under the water long enough to breath, let alone call for help. I remember how scared I was. I was so panicked. I only remember blackness, then nothing. I dont know how long this happened, and I don't remember the Lifeguard pulling me out. I coughed up so much water, and was hysterical. I had nightmares for months after that happened.

Reactions: Strumgewehr, Asta and Circles
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Suicide attempts don't count.
Closest I ever came was when I was in the Infantry. I had a couple close calls. The worst was taking a trail that was eroded away in places around this one spot that there was a HUGE drop off...had to be over 100 feet...on our left hand side. Our Captain wanted to be sneaky, even though it wasn't safe. Made all the worse by the fact we had all our gear on, including out heavy rucksacks. I lost my balance and my ruck pulled me towards going over the side. It happened so fast I reached out and by chance got a plant that didn't pull out. I managed to not go over, and the guys in my platoon grabbed me and pulled me back. Scared the hell out of me. Closest to death I've come yet.

Reactions: mattwitt, Strumgewehr and Circles
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
At 18, i nearly bled out from my period due to undiagnosed cancer at the time. I went into cardiac arrest on the way to hospital and had to be resuscitated.

• Hugs
Reactions: Morphinekiss, Strumgewehr, Pilum Muralis and 2 others
C

Codieb1

Student
Jun 18, 2019
When I was a young stupid kid, around age 7 or 8 I think, me, my family, and some of their friends took us to this river in a forest. I went to play in the river, completely underestimated how strong the current was, and it started dragging me. At first I thought it was fun, but soon I realised I couldn't actually get out. I then got dragged into a deep part way below my head, couldn't feel anything, couldn't grab anything, I didn't even get a breath because I was being dragged backwards and didn't even see the plunge. One of my dad's friends jumped in to save me. Ever since, I've had a serious fear of water, even knowing it essentially was my own stupidity.

3dworldsucks

3dworldsucks

Jun 1, 2019
I failed a suicide attempt and ended up in the hospital a while back a year ago when i was 19.

I purposely ran into a car, when I was asked what happened I simply said it was an accident rather then a sui attempt.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Almost choked on toys twice as a kid. Then in 11th grade had a bout of 40.5C fever out of the blue, I spent half an hour trying to wake up from a dream where quicksand was swallowing me and reach for my bottle of water. If I hadn't managed to wake up I would have been dead, my brain was quite literally boiling up.

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Twice. I almost bled out from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Another time I stopped breathing during a series of seizures and had to be resuscitated.

• Hugs
Reactions: blanketyblk
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
I've had serious car accident with my friend. We were both drunk and stupid. We hit 120 mph on a straight road then he lose control of the car and we flipped out of road, fly between massive trees and spinning like crazy. After i don't know, 5 flips and HARD bumps we land on the roof. Shock give me power to get out through window, collect my missing shoes (both) stand there for couple of seconds, then i just fell of to the ground. My friend cannot escape because he got pinned down by the roof. Many many people stops by and helps him to get out. We survive with minor injuries only, and without any collateral damage to others. This was the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Little preview what happened

Car03

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: blanketyblk and jake3d
riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
When I was a young child I ate rat poison. I've also ingested poison mushrooms not knowing what it was. Both times my parents took me to the hospital to get my stomach pumped.

Another time I was seconds away from being run over by a car. I was lucky though. That could have been the end of me, or at least I would have been severely injured. Possibly ending up in a wheel chair.

The difference between life and death can be quite small at times.

Reactions: jake3d and Deleted member 1768
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Please keep in mind I have epilepsy and my life has been filled with serious neglect. Over 40.

• Aww..
Reactions: Morphinekiss