• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

hematomatema

Feb 29, 2024
I don't want to ramble on in it but at the same time I do have a lot that I want to discuss or just talk about in it. My big fear is that whoever's reading it will get bored reading it midway through, or will be too sad, and then won't bother to look at any of the rest of it.

How long have people here made their notes? What's a good word count to cut it off at?

Reactions: FrownyFace and limeoctave
T

ToMoveOn

Jun 16, 2024
I plan to make mine short. My family members already know that I love them and my note will make it clear that it's not their fault.

Reactions: J&L383, dazed.daydreamer and limeoctave
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Concision is important. To the average person all suicide notes boil down to "I done had a sad".

I have written letters that are a paragraph long. But I have come to terms with the fact that all of my stuff will just die with me, unsaid and unacknowledged (and truthfully, even if I left it I explicit I doubt it would be given due weight anyways).

• Informative
Reactions: coked_pigeon, blackrain, 3/4Dead and 4 others
BackToLobby

BackToLobby

You are more than that. You have always been more.
Apr 9, 2024
Mine is 1 page, front side I explain why I'm doing it and the back I made a recompilation of psychologist near my zone with prices and phone numbers to help my family going through it.

• Informative
Reactions: J&L383 and limeoctave
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I've written a lot over the years, and I think writing many is good because it lets you phrase things in a more concise way as well as letting you figure out what's important to put on there. I started at about 13 pages where I just kept rambling and rambling, and eventually got it down to about 4. I plan on rewriting it just before it's time and plan on simply editing the 4 page one a bit. I doubt the people it's intended for will even bother reading it in the first place and will just skim to the end anyway if they even make it past the first paragraph.

If it's for people who care about you, then they'd probably want to have as much detail as possible. Obviously not a novel, but enough to where you can answer most questions they might've had.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and limeoctave
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
I just left written in giant letters on two A5 sheets of paper, one not to have a Christian funeral and the other to cremate the body, there would be a lot to say but at the same time I don't feel like it.

Reactions: limeoctave
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I'm keeping mine short and sweet. Stating my reasons, explaining it's no one's fault but my own and couldn't be avoided, expressing gratitude for the good times and experiences I've had and recounting good memories I've had with them, depending on the note.

Reactions: dazed.daydreamer, Aloneandinpain and limeoctave
A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
I definitely wouldn't bother writing one.

Reactions: unfixablegirl and ToMoveOn
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I don't think the people that care about you would only read half the note. Maybe keep it somewhere between 1 and 10 pages? That seems reasonable to me.

schmerz

schmerz

if i don't survive, i'll still be by your side
Jul 7, 2024
your loved ones will most likely read the entire note, no matter how long it is. mine includes basic information about myself and what i want to be done with my body after cbt. i remember there was a resource about writing a note floating around here somewhere

Reactions: Beyond_Repair and limeoctave
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Mine is 1.5 pages explaining why I did it and then like 15 pages providing counterpoints to common objections to suicide (ex. "you're too young", "you have your whole future ahead of you", "what about your loved ones", etc.)

Reactions: Beyond_Repair and limeoctave
A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
Same here. I find it too hard with depression clouding my mind to find the right way to explain it.
It's nothing like that for me. Just can't be bothered and too fatigued/depressed to write anything.

D

d_day_2031

Jun 12, 2024
No one would read mine anyway. I remember when I was younger I wrote one and I just got screamed at and humiliated by my family after they read it. It was only two sentences.

I

Inf

Mar 10, 2023
I won't write one because I am certain no one would write it. It's weird. I don't feel like anyone in my family loves me but they tell me that they love me. I don't know.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beyond_Repair
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I would caution against writing personalized notes. I have read about this extensively, and those almost never go well.
I'm curious, why is that, if you don't mind sharing?

Reactions: 3/4Dead
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I'm going to keep it brief but succinct. It will be no more or no less than 1 page long.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Whatever works best for you, each person is unique in this.

I

iji

Dec 4, 2023
I wrote mine last year and it was 1 page long.

S

sukiduki

Mar 24, 2024
i decided i won't leave one, those who really know will know why and there isn't anything left to say.

Reactions: coked_pigeon
lack

lack

im sorry for what i said
Sep 14, 2023
the 4 or 5 people in my life are very aware that i could die by suicide any moment, and i've even talked to them about the fact that if i killed myself, i wouldn't bother to leave a note.

i only have plans to leave a sort of quick note in the form of a scheduled text/email to my sister asking her to alert authorities a day or two after i choose to CTB. maybe i could say, like, a final "im sorry," and "i love you" and that kind of thing. but, i'd hardly consider that a "suicide note".

in fact i have little journals and notepads all over my house that describe how much pain im in and how anguished i am, how .. generally i feel that every moment is a sort of suffering, .. and part of my plans are to go around and make sure i get rid of aaall of that before i go. i would fucking hate for my sister to have to go through anything to decide if there's something worth keeping that she could find precious and end up with all this fucking horrible shit to sort. i know that she's the kind of person to parse through every notebook; just to .. cling, to anything that comes from my soul that's left over.. and, to be sure what to keep and what not to keep. i was an especially artistic person at one point, so i expect she'd be looking for some sort of doodles or any kind of creative writing or anything. but now all my expressions are very upsetting, and have been for so long. i assume even in a suicide note, it would devolve into some kind of horrible madness that borders on something psychotic. i think that it would be haunting and extra painful.

i pretty much always say too much.. so if i were to write a suicide note it would be a fucking novel... everyone else here mentioning "one page".. hah! i wish! good god. if i could be that brief, i might not want to die so terribly bad. i have been told i am "too much" by every person, so to give anyone anything more in my death would kill me again for a second time. i'd have to kill myself in my death, knowing i was troubling people so badly even in my death.

i feel like i have so many reasons not to want to even try to write a suicide note. hah.

but i'm very enamored and inspired by the people who are able to write any kind of nice or inspiring things for their loved ones. so there's a part of me that wants to do, .. like.. something. i have thoughts of making a little mix tape or something cheesy and simple and sweet. but i dont know. i imagine my time to ctb will be somewhat impulsive.
hah, did anyone read that part about me saying that i always say too much? i kind of assume nobody really pays attention to me.

tldr: i am way too much, so no i wont bore my loved ones with more of me when im dead lol

rednights

rednights

Jun 5, 2024
No more than like 3 pages at the most. Just enough to get across my main reasons, try and discourage any guilt from the people around me, and express post-partem wishes.

I think people would get stuck asking themselves "why" if I didn't leave something, which is the main reason I'm leaving my reasons. Not sure I care enough to explain myself otherwise.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
About a paragraph should be enough.

If you want to write more, you probably are not ready and instead want to feel heard and understood. Maybe try a therapist.

Anything longer than a paragraph is pointless as we won't be around for it anyway and it will just cause confusion for who is left behind.

FrownyFace

FrownyFace

May 15, 2024
If I decide to leave, I'm not going to leave an explanation. I don't care enough to do it and I don't think anyone else would care either.

Reactions: coked_pigeon
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
your loved ones will most likely read the entire note, no matter how long it is. mine includes basic information about myself and what i want to be done with my body after cbt. i remember there was a resource about writing a note floating around here somewhere
This a resource I used that may be what you're referring to

Reactions: schmerz
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I don't want to ramble on in it but at the same time I do have a lot that I want to discuss or just talk about in it. My big fear is that whoever's reading it will get bored reading it midway through, or will be too sad, and then won't bother to look at any of the rest of it.

How long have people here made their notes? What's a good word count to cut it off at?
The text I'll send before I CTB will be <50 words long. Essentially just "I shot myself at this location, [brother]. I love you all very much. My last will and testament are on my phone, along with a bunch of other stuff. Goodbye."

My actual note is split across like… thirty documents. I'm trying to write one for a few different people and I've also split it up into sections for my will, preferred burial, etc so it's pretty long. That's not really designed for anyone to read, though. It's bordering on being a dumping ground for my thoughts