How long have you been suicidal for?

• Total voters
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
20 years and people still say bullshit stuff like it will get better...

Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
I was passively suicidal for like 6-7 years, but I started to consider suicide more seriously. I have been like this for something like 5 years I suppose. But I don't plan to wait anymore lol, I had enough.

DeathsShootingStar

DeathsShootingStar

Jan 15, 2024
Since I was 7 years old. I remember my first suicidal thought & how to do it. I was scared. I was a child.

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
I've had suicidal ideation (on and off) for longer than a lot of people on this forum have been alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
In my case I cannot remember ever wanting to exist, I'm certainly not meant to exist in this cruel and disgusting world, existence itself is the true problem so for me it only makes sense wishing for the peace of eternal nothingness. Even when I was very young I found so much comfort in the thought of eternally ceasing to exist, I'll always see it as better to not exist no matter what.
unrelated to this but ive seen alot of your post. I just wanted to say the way you write is really nice you should consider writing poems or something.

C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
from at least 10 till now, more than 15y already. though i didn't first attempt until way later.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
Ever since I was a teenager - and my first failed attempt

S

SMG08ABUSER

I got no iPhone
Dec 20, 2023
Ever since I entered high school, it feels like everything changed in my mind. I no longer experienced happiness like I used to. Even when I do feel a remote sense of happiness, it is only for very brief moments before the emptiness and suicidal thoughts flood back into my mind.

I'm trying to muster the courage to finally get rid of my SI. It's so annoying how my brain keeps trying to keep me alive when I already know I am destined to a life of never ending loneliness, emptiness, and depression if I don't CTB while I am still young. I am absolutely sure of that fact.

S

SassyGirl52

Jan 22, 2024
I had my first attempt to CTB when I was 16 and ended up in the hosp. for several days. I'm now 52. So 36 years.