DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
Do you think it'll take minutes, hours, days or even months or years for your body to be found once you CTB?

For me, I live with a roommate so it should take less than a couple minutes before he realizes that I put a hole through my head. (He doesn't really leave so he'll probably be home when it happens.) Although, he's not very observant so it could possibly take longer. A couple days max. Then others will come looking for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: deepocean, guest6362 and fleetingnight
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I'd like to schedule a message to police or a hopsital to pick up my body a few hours after I die, but that's much easier said than done. I might not be able to take the risk. If I can't, then I'll likely be found the next morning, or a bit later into the next day. It'll probably be in a public place, but I hope to be a little out of the way of anywhere with lots of foot traffic.

• Hugs
Reactions: deepocean, guest6362, juna and 1 other person
catbunny

catbunny

Jun 19, 2024
I live with my sister, and we have different schedules. Even though we are siblings and living together, we barely see each other, IDK maybe once a week or two. But I remember my recent attempt, I was so sure after I took the drugs and died, it was going to take her hours before she knew since she barely checked my room and I was usually just asleep or I don't like people annoying me when I'm in my room and locked the door. Unfortunately, that day, for some reason she just decided to come into my room like she literally said that she just wanted to see me then she saw me and brought me to the hospital, I was only 30 minutes into it.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeathSleep and CatLvr
DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I guess I think about this quite a bit.

I hope not many people see my body before it is taken away. That's why I hope I'm found right away and that my roommate, who can't deal with much of anything, manages to call for help without calling other people first. I don't really want to traumatize anyone more than I have to. Although they'll move on.

Reactions: juna and CatLvr
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
When my husband comes home from work. I will have to get it done in 8 hours. Or clean up whatever evidence I have of my escapade and try again the next day. That alone makes me really apprehensive about crb. The LAST thing I want is to be "savable" when he finds me. Also really limits my options because I don't want him to have to find (or clean up) some huge mess. So even though it would be my first choice guns are off the table.

• Hugs
Reactions: juna and DeathSleep
Cyber4ngel!

Cyber4ngel!

Aug 24, 2024
Probably almost a full day max two if I do it in my home

Reactions: juna
T

TenThousandTrees

Aug 25, 2024
A day or two at minimum I imagine, maybe one perk of being alone hehe

Reactions: juna
J

juna

Exhausted...
Mar 4, 2024
I will probably do it in a hotel, so I think they will find my body the next day. I will ctb in the evening just to be sure I am not savable.

Reactions: TenThousandTrees
Q

Qevyn

Aug 25, 2024
Months. I live alone. My closest family are about an hour away. I have no friends and don't really interact with my neighbors.

L

LibbyR

May 17, 2019
How do you schedule a message? Most of my interactions are via social media messaging or mobile messaging.

Avoider

Avoider

Aug 25, 2024
How do you schedule a message? Most of my interactions are via social media messaging or mobile messaging.
I don' know about social media messaging but you can definitely send delayed or sheduled emails. People recommend online tools but Outlook itself provides such a feature.

Here

Reactions: waiting93
waiting93

waiting93

May 25, 2023
I don' know about social media messaging but you can definitely send delayed or sheduled emails. People recommend online tools but Outlook itself provides such a feature.

Here
I'm also very curious about this. I'd like to schedule a message to the police a few hours after I do full suspension . Is it only through email or is through text too ? If you schedule a message , are you sure there's no way they can read it earlier due to the content

Danby

Danby

Just remember that the last laugh is on you
Aug 13, 2024
Good question. Hoping to go to a remote area to ctb so it could be hours, days, or longer.

huntermellow

huntermellow

another bpd death statistic
Aug 6, 2024
over 24 hours i think because that's how long i'll schedule my email to my sister so she knows. unless someone happens to check my room for whatever reason before that time then that's how long it'll probably take

Avoider

Avoider

Aug 25, 2024
I'm also very curious about this. I'd like to schedule a message to the police a few hours after I do full suspension . Is it only through email or is through text too ? If you schedule a message , are you sure there's no way they can read it earlier due to the content
The tool I am aware of in available on Outlook. I have posted a link. The feature is also available on the Phone app. You have a Send icon with a little clock on it. It allows you to define sending date and hour. I can't picture how the message would be sent before the defined schedule, no matter the content. I recommend you test it yoursefl and see if it works for you.

Reactions: waiting93
Themogger

Themogger

Nah, I'd die
Jul 23, 2024
Like 7-8hrs. Will ctb by night so will be found by fam when they wake up in the morning and don't see me for breakfast. šŸ¤” unless when I get back, I buildup a night owl habit so they leave me alone till noon