rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
The queen died at 96. I don't understand how it can be called tragic as some reports have stated. It was hardly unexpected and certainly not a life cut short. I understand - royal or not - that her family will be sad.

Reactions: archipelago, Dark Moon, Badatlove and 9 others
H

Hope:-)

Enlightened
Jul 3, 2022
I suppose it is a bit strange to call it tragic at 96 when she died peacefully.

Reactions: Astronauta, Celerity, Skathon and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
glad the bitch is dead down with the monarchy

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: CatLover, Astronauta, swanlake and 9 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
I don't agree with the Monarchy. But nobody in the Royal Family asked to be born into it.

Reactions: Astronauta, Celerity, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I don't think it's tragic either

Reactions: Astronauta and rationaltake
Cunanan77

Cunanan77

One of life's tragedies
Aug 2, 2022
Monarchy needs to be eradicated. I bet she was a mean old bitch too. Boohoo you died in your 90's and were Born into wealth and monarchy. Fuck the lot of them.

• Hmph!
Reactions: CatLover, Astronauta and betternever2havbeen
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
I think if anything it just speaks to the profound power of loss/death. Or sheer human ridiculousness. When I was looking up how to make her usual pre-lunch cocktail, I came across an article from a year back about her physician advising her to give up her daily alcohol consumption, which she didn't really seem to care about but a source close to her believe "it seems a trifle unfair that at this stage in her life she's having to give up one of very few pleasures."

Seriously? She could not have been born into a more privileged position. She could never have wanted for any material thing, or anything that influence could possibly acquire. She was almost a hundred years old. A century. And you're calling this...unfair?

If this is how the aristocracy thinks, no wonder homelessness, poverty, and war plague the world.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CatLover, Astronauta, Lefty and 4 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
The queen died at 96. I don't understand how it can be called tragic as some reports have stated. It was hardly unexpected and certainly not a life cut short. I understand - royal or not - that her family will be sad.

I can respect the mourning of the queen's immediate family members, but I don't respect Monarchy itself, since those people are born into unfair privilege. They may work hard in their own right - I wouldn't know - but that doesn't change the fact that they basically live their whole life behind a tall safety wall of financial and social security - and not of the type that their humble subjects may apply for...

Reactions: Smart No More, Anomie, Astronauta and 3 others
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Really? Who is calling it tragic? Maybe somebody who doesn't know what the word means?

Reactions: Astronauta and Celerity
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It's only tragic insofar as death itself is tragic. More than that it definitely doesn't count as a tragedy.

Reactions: Astronauta, Celerity, Skathon and 2 others
A

Alnilam

Aug 29, 2022
I guess that's the kind of special treatment you get when you're born into royalty.

rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
Reactions: Astronauta
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
It's only tragic insofar as death itself is tragic. More than that it definitely doesn't count as a tragedy.
Maybe there is something tragic about the aging process… About beauty and life and happiness Being here and then being gone…

Reactions: Anomie, waitingforrest, Le_Dauphin and 4 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
The reaction to the death of the queen is making me think about life and death - and privilege.

If you're lucky enough to be born wealthy and have good health and a reasonable family then you can feasibly enjoy life while your good fortune lasts. Seize the day! Make hay when the sun shines! And have the back-up of the best assisted suicide plan for when you get old or ill.

The privileged seem to see age and illness - and possibly death - as a personal affront. Maybe that's what they mean by tragedy.

I see PN's Exit International as part of this and I feel it's for the privileged and monied. That's why PN concentrates on older people and doesn't encourage those with psychological issues. It's to ensure that those with privileged lives can have privileged deaths.

Reactions: CatLover, Astronauta and bed
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I think it's sad, end of an era etc. but I'm not sure it fits the definition of "tragic", I knew I'd be extremely upset when it happened though and I was shocked it happened so suddenly (as in she was on her feet and smiling 2 days earlier) and all the sad piano and cello music over video and pictures of her life makes it very poignant. So I think it's sad and upsetting (for a lot of us) but not "tragic" although if people wanna call it that I really have no problem with it.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Its kinda funny here in Florida, because Biden ordered all flags at half mast across the country,but there's plenty of US flags that are still flying high here, ignoring both Biden and the Queen's death

• Informative
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
Its kinda funny here in Florida, because Biden ordered all flags at half mast across the country,but there's plenty of US flags that are still flying high here, ignoring both Biden and the Queen's death
I know there are American fans of the queen but I don't see how the President can order the whole country to lower their flags!

Reactions: Astronauta
The Abyss

The Abyss

Why're we still here, just to suffer?
Dec 19, 2019
Never did nothing for me, don't care.

Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, Astronauta and rationaltake
D

Deboneire1

Lost all, lost everything
Sep 15, 2022
The Queen was wicked. Yet, she is mourned like she is some kind of savior. Upside down clown world we live in.

Reactions: CatLover, p-funk and Astronauta
P

poko:)

Sep 16, 2022
One parasite less

Reactions: CatLover and Astronauta
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I don't care about any of it either. I remember my mum literally waking me up and bawling her eyes out about Diana's death. These people are just soap opera characters to me.

Reactions: CatLover, Astronauta, Lefty and 2 others
woe-boy

woe-boy

Never feeling love like that anymore
Mar 30, 2022
Even reptilians die, they can't take their money and success with them.

Of course I'm kidding. She was a living historic link to the 20th century. It's tragedy because it's the true death knell of 'the greatest generation' even though she is an early Silent Generation person.

The atrocity of WWII will now start to further be forgotten, which will lead to more worldwide escalation. Even with memorials, films, TV and books, 'never forget' is a lifeless term.

Reactions: Anomie and Astronauta
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
I don't care about any of it either. I remember my mum literally waking me up and bawling her eyes out about Diana's death. These people are just soap opera characters to me.
You're right about the soap opera aspect! I had Mexican in-laws who used to be mad about the Royal family. Particularly Lady D as they called her. They couldn't get enough of the magazines about her.

Reactions: Astronauta and Angst Filled Fuck Up
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
I'm pretty sure the monarchy is still thriving just under another, less dignified, more shitty monarch.

Reactions: CatLover and Astronauta
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
I'm pretty sure the monarchy is still thriving just under another, less dignified, more shitty monarch.
Exactly. And there are plenty of them behind him too. The queen was too clever to throw tantrums in public. Unlike the current incumbent.

Reactions: CatLover
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Anyone who knew her should be allowed to mourn in peace. But I dont get why it's expected for those who didn't know her to do the same.

Reactions: CatLover, Alcoholic Teletubby, Astronauta and 1 other person