N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Not interchangeable as a human being but as a member of an online forum. I had the idea because I was too exhausted to post a thread yesterday but this forum moves on also without me.

It probably depends on many variables. How long are you a member, how much have you posted, are you engaged in privated conversations, do you have friends on here, which are you traits etc.

There are many members I remember from the past but I don't publicly post about them. Especially if they had no happy end I think about them. In case I kill myself I hope that from time to time someone bumps one of my old threads. Lol. I prefer to avoid friendships on here. And such people will most likely remember you.

I think I would be forgotten pretty quickly. There are more than 41k members. I am not that special. But maybe some people would miss some of my threads. I am so exhausted recently. And my suffering is little bit less which takes the need to vent and seemingly some of my creativity.

What do you think?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13, lachrymost, Kit1 and 10 others
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Not interchangeable as a human being but as a member of an online forum. I had the idea because I was too exhausted to post a thread yesterday but this forum moves on also without me.

It probably depends on many variables. How long are you a member, how much have you posted, are you engaged in privated conversations, do you have friends on here, which are you traits etc.

There are many members I remember from the past but I don't publicly post about them. Especially if they had no happy end I think about them. In case I kill myself I hope that from time to time someone bumps one of my old threads. Lol. I prefer to avoid friendships on here. And such people will most likely remember you.

I think I would be forgotten pretty quickly. There are more than 41k members. I am not that special. But maybe some people would miss some of my threads. I am so exhausted recently. And my suffering is little bit less which takes the need to vent and seemingly some of my creativity.

What do you think?
I haven't been on here in half a year or something until today, but I remember you more than anyone else on here due to your unique threads, I do appreciate them and they are usually pretty interesting.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ArjunRamDas, Kit1, sserafim and 6 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I haven't been on here in half a year or something until today, but I remember you more than anyone else on here due to your unique threads, I do appreciate them and they are usually pretty interesting.
Thank you for your very kind words! I also remember you.
Hugs :)

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and not-2-b-the-answer
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
This is my third account. My last account was " the anhedonic one ".
I lost my password for the anhedonic one and email password too so have this account now.
I definitely remember you from 2020.
I still remember other members like Jodes, and Sherri and a few others.
I've always liked your posts. Keep em coming !

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: voyager, lachrymost, Kit1 and 3 others
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I was thinking about something similar to this a few days ago. I think how much you interact/dm/post definitely has something to do with it, like any other forum, but I also think Sasu is unique for obvious reasons. I've only been here about two or three months, but I've noticed a lot of the people who joined around the same time as me have similar CTB dates.

Aside from people in recovery, I wonder if members tend to have similar timelines, and by the time one "generation" has already caught the bus for the most part, new members have joined and are asking the same kinds of questions for advice or existentialism or venting. It's always kind of a mind fuck when I start writing a thread and I see that a nearly identical one was written years ago by someone with their username crossed out. It feels like one big never ending cycle

Reactions: sserafim, not-2-b-the-answer, tiger b and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Ohh cool you're still with us! Sometimes I remembered you bc you were a pretty frequent poster but suddenly you didn't login in anymore. I had no idea who to ask what happened to you.

I can only speak for myself here and I'm on here for only 1/2 year by now. I still remember some members who left even though I did not interact with them actively. With members who I interacted more and also via PM, I have even more memories. It's like irl imo.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, sserafim, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Ohh cool you're still with us! Sometimes I remembered you bc you were a pretty frequent poster but suddenly you didn't login in anymore. I had no idea who to ask what happened to you.

I can only speak for myself here and I'm on here for only 1/2 year by now. I still remember some members who left even though I did not interact with them actively. With members who I interacted more and also via PM, I have even more memories. It's like irl imo.
Thank you.
Yes, I definitely remember you too. We both made an account around the same time as each other.
I lost my phone and had to buy a new one. I had my passwords written down for sasu and email but couldn't find them.
I'm shocked at how many people have gone since the beginning of July.
It looks like forever sleep, darkover and yourself are only a few of the remaining ones left who I used to see regularly on sasu.
I'm glad you're still here, yet sorry you're still going through a rough time.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, sserafim, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Thank you.
Yes, I definitely remember you too. We both made an account around the same time as each other.
I lost my phone and had to buy a new one. I had my passwords written down for sasu and email but couldn't find them.
I'm shocked at how many people have gone since the beginning of July.
It looks like forever sleep, darkover and yourself are only a few of the remaining ones left who I used to see regularly on sasu.
I'm glad you're still here, yet sorry you're still going through a rough time.
There were 1 or 2 "waves" in summer when a lot of goodbye threads appeared. Recently I have the feeling that the number of goodbye threads also increased.

Times are rough for most of us. I hope for all us that we can find a way out other than ctb.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, sserafim, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
You are a a person who I believe has contributed a great deal to this forum, so you will definitely be missed, my friend. As for me, I don't really care about being missed. I just want to dissapear off the face of the planet and don't want to be remembered for anything.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, not-2-b-the-answer, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
There were 1 or 2 "waves" in summer when a lot of goodbye threads appeared. Recently I have the feeling that the number of goodbye threads also increased.

Times are rough for most of us. I hope for all us that we can find a way out other than ctb.
I've noticed a lot of people have gone recently. So sad , yet I'm happy they're not suffering anymore.
Times are definitely rough for many of us, and it's tragic we can't just live a life that doesn't involve so much suffering.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, not-2-b-the-answer and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess it's a personal thing. We probably all have our own personal favourites who we miss if/when they go. I think it's very interchangeable though- realistically. I think a lot of people enjoy the 'live' element (ironic.) A lot like to use it as a forum with multi-way conversations. The trouble with posting on an old thread where the OP is gone is- there won't be a response- unless other current members pick up on it. Guess it depends on how people use the forum really. There are probably lots of people lurking and happy to just browse too.

Sometimes, I'll come across an older thread where the person has gone and I think- they sounded really interesting. I think maybe you have to be someone like Stan to become immortal here though.

Reactions: voyager, Cloud Busting, lachrymost and 4 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The amount of time people are usually active on SS ranges from a couple of weeks to a couple of months and in some cases, years. It is very hard to determine from only that how interchangeable members are. Therefore, it depends on the other members, who they have been in contact with. There is no clear way to determine how quickly someone can be forgotten just like it is impossible to guess to what extent those around you will mourn your death, once the time comes.

Once everyone who the member who has died has been in contact with, then, that is when they will be forgotten here on SS. Maybe newer members can see their profiles but they can't know for sure how their personalities were like and what their reasons were, unless they search through their posts. And even then, with having such information about someone who has passed long ago, you'll never truly know them. They'll never be truly remembered.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
I think I remember you, I see your username when I scroll through threads and reply

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, noname223, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

What do you think?
I actually remember your screen name. There are many others I remember, if they have made many posts.
It was easier when their weren't as many members.
I don't pm with many posters unless they pm first. I usually run out of things to say. Also needing to be more careful than before so I'm not doxed keeps me from sharing.
I don't know who could be here, perhaps someone I know or even work with.
I'm ok with being forgotten. It's life. People IRL don't know I exist or can't be bothered to ask how I'm doing.
I lost my password for the anhedonic one and email password too so have this account now.
I definitely remember you from 2020.
I still remember other members like Jodes, and Sherri and a few others.
I've always liked your posts. Keep em coming !
I remember your posts from before also. 🤗 It's good to see you, if that means anything.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I actually remember your screen name. There are many others I remember, if they have made many posts.
It was easier when their weren't as many members.
I don't pm with many posters unless they pm first. I usually run out of things to say. Also needing to be more careful than before so I'm not doxed keeps me from sharing.
I don't know who could be here, perhaps someone I know or even work with.
I'm ok with being forgotten. It's life. People IRL don't know I exist or can't be bothered to ask how I'm doing.

I remember your posts from before also. 🤗 It's good to see you, if that means anything.
Thank you, it means a lot .
I definitely remember you too. 🤗

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
I agree that it depends on certain variables. I vividly remember people from 3+ years ago when I was on this site on a previous account, even though we haven't interacted since.

soontobedone

soontobedone

Leave blank
Feb 27, 2023

I think there were a lot more ctbs when SN was available through IC etc. Seemed like 10 or so a week sometimes. I'm sorry that we are all going through this.

• Hugs
Reactions: doormat25, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Apart from our admins there's really only two people here who will always be immortal and that is @Stan, for working out the most popular method, and the other, to me at least, is @LetzteAusfahrt, who pretty much incorporated the entire philosophy of suicide and self-determination into one being. Both have contributed greatly here. I'll always be thankful to Stan for his effort and Dani for driving up those fucking fixers up the wall.

On a personal level though I remember far more people. Many of which probably wouldn't even be aware that I liked them or remember them now. Before signing up here and after I'd actually spend months just reading other people's posts and older threads. The reason was that after so many years alone with my thoughts it was alleviating to find so many people I could relate to and totally delved into it. Unfortunately, sometimes hesitated to initiate talks with them when they were still here. Obviously, I won't name them, because it would create a hierarchy, but they're not forgotten.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and Praestat_Mori
pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023

What do you think?
There are a few members that I remember, they haven't posted a lot but for some reason they stuck with me. I feel like everyone is gonna be remembered in some way, there are post from people who already passed away that still get new replies and I think there's some people that will look for their other posts and see what type of person they were.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE