TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
The reason i ask is well, we are all here on this website, people knowing you exist here could cause real world mess.

I've realised thankfully that i have an extremely encrypted sort of online presence, always used the internet with some form of VPN or Tor/Tails.

I never save information or store unless it's highly encrypted, never store cookies or passwords, unless it's in my password vault which is also segregated incase it gets compromised.

Never know if somone broke in and buttfucked my brains into giving them access. It's thankfully chopped up.

My accounts use various emails, passwords and names, IPs and MAC addresses which I've tried to link and dox myself various times to no avail..

My real accounts contain only what is necessary to appear professional in this horrible consumerism hell.

Of course convenience does take hold for the professional stuff, but atleast no one can dig very easily into my shit.

Thankfully i had some opsec brain when i was younger due to wanting to be invisible of sorts, thank you my younger self.

Anyone else practice being incognito of sorts?

• Love
Reactions: psp3000 and MeltingBrain
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I am also a privacy freak. Even more so after watching some people doxx and harass members here.
Before posting I always think how could this be used along with other things I have posted to compromise my anonymity ? Where I am from , speaking about CTB in public means compromising your career, personal life, everything. I don't want to be seen as some radioactive freak . People here don't visit a psychiatrist for the same reason . Sorry for a bit of detour .

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: psp3000 and TheSpookyNameGuy
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I am also a privacy freak. Even more so after watching some people doxx and harass members here.
Before posting I always think how could this be used along with other things I have posted to compromise my anonymity ? Where I am from , speaking about CTB in public means compromising your career, personal life, everything. I don't want to be seen as some radioactive freak . People here don't visit a psychiatrist for the same reason . Sorry for a bit of detour .
That's exactly it, if anyone knows or associates you with self harm, depression or any kind of mental ilness it has the tendency to totally ruin whatever chances you may have had.

Any little tidbit of dirt and that's it, total rejection or used as a punching bag.

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I don't, but that's because in real life I have very little relationship with other people (my mother on a daily basis, my sister every few months and a friend I talk to on the phone almost weekly). It's very difficult that really what I write on the net has any influence on my day to day life... my life is not the internet and if I have any problems on the net I just have to unsubscribe from SaSu and another video game website, I have nothing else.

And obviously the mental health network has never cared enough about me to gossip about what I do on the Internet.

//

Jo no, però és perquè a la vida real tinc molt poca relació amb d'altres persones (ma mare a diari, ma germana cada pocs mesos i un amic que parlo per teléfon gairebé setmanalment). És molt difícil que realment el que escric a la xarxa tingui cap influencia en el meu día a día.. la meva vida no és pas Internet i si hi tinc cap problema a la xarxa només he de donar-me de baixa de SaSu i un altre web de videojocs, no tinc res mes.

I evidentement a la xarxa de salut mental no li he pas preocupat en sa vida com per a que xafardegi que foto a Internet.

**A spooky pumpkin and owl, uhhhh.
//
**Una carabassa i un mussol fantasmagòrics, uhhhh.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I don't give a fuck how incognito I am.
I'll be dead soon, so why give a fuck about anything anymore ?

• Hugs
Reactions: internetgirl, Cecilia A, stressedmess and 1 other person
fuaruhan

fuaruhan

un chat perdu
Feb 9, 2023
Searching my full name or even my public (not this fuaruhan) username will get you my full information lmao. My internet presence is as unanonymous as it can gets. I even access this web with no protection whatsoever, if someone search the wifi log they'll know.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and The anhedonic one
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
Absolutely no one would care IRL so I'm not.

I take some general precautions and wish I knew more about cybersecurity for other reasons though.

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one and Dead Ghost
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
What VPN would you recommend?
I personally use ExpressVPN, i only use it for basic security and getting around the ISP stuff 😉

They have good speed for me and convenience, only my most basic stuff is through vpn though, maybe some torrents too but thats mostly it.

J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
I personally use ExpressVPN, i only use it for basic security and getting around the ISP stuff 😉

They have good speed for me and convenience, only my most basic stuff is through vpn though, maybe some torrents too but thats mostly it.
Thanks for sharing, I'll take a look at it. I've been meaning to make things more secure so this will be a good start :)

Reactions: TheSpookyNameGuy
sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
i always forget my vpn is on

• Yay!
Reactions: TheSpookyNameGuy
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
i always forget my vpn is on
Done that before, i usually forget on linux to change my network managed mode, sometimes that cuts my vpn off all the time if i reinstall. Just me forgetting, the human bit always catches you out.

Network lock is a godsend but still, fuck lol.
Thanks for sharing, I'll take a look at it. I've been meaning to make things more secure so this will be a good start :)
Its got a fair wide range of stuff it supports plus routers, im not selling it but to me its very convenient and gives a layer of security, no isp letters for me lol

Reactions: just_so_done
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
I only care about dodging targeted advertising. Other then that, no privacy. I know full well my data is bought, sold and examined.

I'm not clueless about privacy though. Though I'd avoid major VPNs. Wasn't there like a whole article or something that they're just as guilty as ISPs of selling data? For privacy, sure, it obscures your location provided like the advertising profile on your phone or Google hasn't managed to track it through your queries.

internetgirl

internetgirl

♡ future angel
Jun 18, 2023
I use the app lols. my data is spread and sold and taken, and I'm tracked everywhere. I'm permanently part of the Internet. I'll find it stupidly poetic