• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

anonymousfoxxo

anonymousfoxxo

Stray Fox
Nov 9, 2023
I'll open up with, I like to take warm baths. But this time was different.

My story to be told in less words than my original thought line goes like this:

I took my heart and blood pressure medications at a much different time than usual, hours later, and I felt overall pretty bad and careless the night. Things clouded my head, still do, about what tomorrow may hold, about stuff I don't have, stuff I have but may lose. Doesn't matter much though, what matters is that I was rather careless and went ahead to bath.

I usually make the water very hot, so hot that I look like a lobster, truth to be told, when I'm inside it. Now this time I had some stuff to do so I left the water to flow, the hot water only, it's only after that I start to add Cold. But I wasn't in there, and the bath filled a lot. Adding cold water to it and it almost overflow, and I have a phobia of drains from childhood, so I didn't let some water down the drain to have space for cold water. I didn't care. I just went in. It burnt but I didn't care much about it. Eventually it started to feel nice and I laid down. Music on, and laid in there for a while. Fast forward to some minutes later I take a cigarette and start smoking as per usual.

This time around however I was pretty dizzy before I smoked too, and I didn't pay attention to the warning sign. I smoked, and got even more dizzy. So I put down the cigarette and laid back in the water once again, whole body submerged, and the boiler is right above my head, which started dripping cold water on my face. To counter that I put the sponge on my forehead so the water falls on that instead. But the sponge was hot too.

So with that, fullybody under hot water, dizzy, and wrong time meds, and all I noticed was a sudden rush of tingliness in my entire body, random shivers, and the music fading away.

Now whatever may have happened there, somehow my head stay on the edge of the bath, so I didn't drown. I woke up like a hour later , when the bath was colder , had no idea what just happened, for a little bit, until I remembered. Head hurt, body ache, and my skin started to come off on my hands and face, which was uncomfortable, not much painful though until out of the water. Now i'd describe it as itchy pain rather than pain. Anyways decided that was enough for a bath so I tried to get up and out. That's when it hit me, I had no strength to. So this is that embarrassing part of the story. I lived, only to then try to get out of bath. Really embarrassing. My nail broke as I tried to get out by pulling at the edge, but slipped. I looked at the watch, it took half an hour to figure out how to get out.

In the end the method was to roll on my stomach, curl up, sit, turn around, slide my legs under , sit again, and then grabbed one of those handles made for handicapped people (an old lady lived in this house before us). I could pull myself up just enough to have a crouch position, and my legs were strong enough to get me up and out. Then came the second hit when I had a rush of hot all along my body, and my vision get those stars again. I ran over to the chair and ended up fainting onto the table next to it. That probably broke my fall because my head doesn't hurt right now, apart from a migraine.

And then I woke again, had a rather fast heartbeat but I was fine. I don't know why I lived. But it was quite the experience. Maybe you'll giggle up on this one, or maybe you'll feel my pain and embarrassment. Whatever it is you are having, thanks for reading through my whining again.

• Hugs
Reactions: elvvsie, tary, Hellish Ore and 5 others
U

undecided

Student
Aug 25, 2023
Too long and laborious to read...

• Hmph!
Reactions: FireFox and rozeske
dazed.daydreamer

dazed.daydreamer

Jun 26, 2024
Wow this is wild, I wonder what happened! I wonder if anyone here has more medical knowledge and may knowā€¦ my only (uneducated) guess is heat stroke?

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Too long and laborious to read...
And yet you were able to find the time to leave that delightful, helpful and supportive comment, radiating warmth and joy and rainbows from every vowel. Well done.

OP, that sounds horrendous. How are you feeling now? Make sure you stay hydrated and if you've got any concerns, get yourself checked over by your doctor.

I was with you completely trying to get out of the bath. A few years ago my shoulders locked up while I was asleep in bed (bad posture, innit). I had been asleep on my side, flopped into front because my muscles screamed and then couldn't move my upper body. I tried the whole "Lassie, get help" on my dogs but they were utterly useless. I ended up using my knees to crawl like a slug in reverse down my bed until I eventually got my feet on the floor and was then able to do some shuffling and heave myself upright.

I mentioned being stuck in my front to my doctor and the panic of not knowing how to get out of bed and to cheer me up she told me about the time she bought a very expensive pair of wellington boots on a whim one summer as she'd had an argument with her husband and wore them when she got home to walk the dog as it was raining. She said it was also really warm and her legs swelled up and of course she couldn't get the boots off and so she was cross with them, cross with herself and still cross with her husband and sat on the floor trying to pull them off, when something went in her back. She lay on the floor trying to stretch it but it didn't work and she couldn't get up again, and had to wait, still stuck in her boots, now in pain and furious at the world, for her husband to get back while the still wet dog had the run of the house and the comfy furniture.

Soif it helps, it's not just you šŸ˜‚

• Love
Reactions: undecided, Hellish Ore and rozeske
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
My sincere apologies for this comment, it was totally uncalled for, OP.
Genuinely applaud you coming back and apologising. Don't see nearly enough of this online. I also apologise for the severity of my sarcastic response.

Reactions: ConfusedClouds