Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
The pandemic has been absolutely terrible to both my mental and physical health.

Because of having to be forced to move back home with my parents, who have a narcissistic disorder, I've been doing nothing but lazing around all they. They try to control every aspect of my life and try to steer it in a direction that they think is right, because they think they're such a successful role model. They've taken away pretty much 85% of my personal freedom and privacy and have caused such an imbalance in my routine that it's driving my insane of having to listen to their quarrel. My house is such a place with little freedom and so much distraction that I can't focus on anything. Back during the start of 2020, I wanted to become productive with creating art stuff, but since having to move back in March, my schedule has pretty much consists of sleeping, eating, and playing games. I refuse (and pretty much can't) be productive in an environment that really doesn't want to make me feel comfortable. It's driving me insane and just contributes to my depression even more.

As for physical health, it's gotten worse as well. Because of feeling like absolute shit all the time at home, I've resorted to eating junk most of the time. My narcissistic parents kept trying to overfeed me with food they made days ago, and try to manipulate me to eat all of it, all in an attempt to make me overweight. I use my junk to compensate for that and as a result I've gained weight tremendously this past few months. I know I shouldn't. I want to go on a diet. But I can't when the food I regularly eat itself isn't that much good, and the environment I'm in now doesn't make me comfortable. My sleeping routine has been disrupted as well. Since I regularly stay up until 4 in the morning (since that's the time the house is peaceful without any commotion, mostly) I usually sleep in at around 5-6am and I just can't change that no matter how much I want to.

How about yours?

• Hugs
Reactions: essic., Lostandlooking, iDieUDie80 and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This pandemic is absolutely going to have both physical and mental longterm health effects on the general population. We can only guesstimate on the collateral damage that will be caused by it.

Some experts are warning that the quarantine will kill more than the pandemic itself.

so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
for me it's been more of a relief. I was just as isolated before quarantine so having everyone else on the same page meant I had more people I could talk to.

being a trans guy and wearing a mask I pass in public significantly more than I used to so that's been nothing but wonderful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Linda, Lostandlooking, Uzera and 2 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
It hasn't made much of a difference to me as I was a neet hermit beforehand anyway.

Reactions: Leshen, Lostandlooking, MiserableBastard1995 and 2 others
Ybother

Ybother

Life is a lemon and I want my money back.
Jul 23, 2020
The pandemic has been absolutely terrible to both my mental and physical health.

Because of having to be forced to move back home with my parents, who have a narcissistic disorder, I've been doing nothing but lazing around all they. They try to control every aspect of my life and try to steer it in a direction that they think is right, because they think they're such a successful role model. They've taken away pretty much 85% of my personal freedom and privacy and have caused such an imbalance in my routine that it's driving my insane of having to listen to their quarrel. My house is such a place with little freedom and so much distraction that I can't focus on anything. Back during the start of 2020, I wanted to become productive with creating art stuff, but since having to move back in March, my schedule has pretty much consists of sleeping, eating, and playing games. I refuse (and pretty much can't) be productive in an environment that really doesn't want to make me feel comfortable. It's driving me insane and just contributes to my depression even more.

As for physical health, it's gotten worse as well. Because of feeling like absolute shit all the time at home, I've resorted to eating junk most of the time. My narcissistic parents kept trying to overfeed me with food they made days ago, and try to manipulate me to eat all of it, all in an attempt to make me overweight. I use my junk to compensate for that and as a result I've gained weight tremendously this past few months. I know I shouldn't. I want to go on a diet. But I can't when the food I regularly eat itself isn't that much good, and the environment I'm in now doesn't make me comfortable. My sleeping routine has been disrupted as well. Since I regularly stay up until 4 in the morning (since that's the time the house is peaceful without any commotion, mostly) I usually sleep in at around 5-6am and I just can't change that no matter how much I want to.

How about yours?
I'm in a similar position. Sorry that your parents are so toxic. It's kinda hard to express yourself and productive in such an unsupportive environment. I assume it's even worse since most places are closed right now.
This pandemic is further proof that life ain't worth it to me. 2020 might be the straw that breaks my back. I feel really sorry for the upcoming generation. There is almost nothing good left in this world to look forward to. My sister had a baby last year, and I cringe when I think about what the world is going to be like when he's my age. It honestly sucks. I used to blame God alot because, how can he say he loves us and yet there is constant suffering? Then I just stopped believing all together because I never got an answer. No offense to anyone who is religious.

Quarantine/Social distancing has its ups and downs, I guess. I can hide my face without coming across as a nutjob, and I barely have to leave my house. I'm used to spending a lot of alone in my room on the computer. I do live with 2 people, my emotionally unavailable boyfriend and his jerk brother. I haven't had a stable career in like 4 years, and I still have no world experience. The pandemic has kind of given me even more of an excuse to bum around the house.
As far as diet is concerned, I cycle between overeating and undereating depending on how I feel. I have always struggled with food. At this point I don't even care what I look like to other people. I Most of us have to wear masks anyway, and the people in my city are mostly worried about the virus. But I haven't been caring all that much about dieting since I've given up on life. The suicidal thoughts are even more frequent.
wake up at around noon still feeling tired, and wondering what kind of screwed up stuff in going to happen today. Just waiting for that day...

Reactions: chicken_hole and MiserableBastard1995
strawberryfield

strawberryfield

Jul 10, 2020
i'm sorry for everyone who's been affected by the pandemic and i hope it gets better for you all soon.

it hasn't really affected me because i've been stuck inside my house for years anyways lol

Reactions: Fingir ser feliz, Lostandlooking and Skathon
N

Natasha

Patax
Jun 9, 2019

How about yours?
Oh that sleep routine... so true. What happens to me is that even knowing that i have a plenty of things to do (for school, skills for a job) still feel desmotivated, it seems to my brain is that i have no reason to wake up and i just end up 10 hours on bed and still feel tired all day long.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It has pushed my referral to see a neurologist back by at least 6 months which has made me feel even worse. I've been trying to help myself and get to the bottom of my health problems which everyone keeps telling me to do but getting access to treatment in this country is all but impossible even if you have money.

• Aww..
Reactions: WinterFaust and MiserableBastard1995
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I was already fairly socially isolated because of garbage probation restrictions, but of course, COVID made that much worse. My suicidal ideation became more intense to the point of acting on these thoughts, my OCD which had been manageable for more than a year became significantly worse, feeding my depression and vice versa. I've been to inpatient twice since June, and started new meds and therapies.

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I haven't been that affected by it. I kinda like it coz it meant I got to avoid people even more than before. I suck at hiding my depression and I hate it when I meet people who knew me when I was fine. There's always that slight frown which gives away their reaction to my decay and repulsiveness. Fuck it! I'm better off in the cage.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Final Escape, Lorntroubles and 1 other person
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
I've had very little social interaction. I didn't really have any friends before the quarantine either but at least I had some basic interactions. Now I do nothing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Final Escape and XYZ
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
It's opened every wound I ever had. My eating disorder has flared up for the first time in more than a decade, as has my PTSD and suicidality. I had ECT 15 years ago and thought everything was behind me. And it was until Lockdown.

Fuck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, iDieUDie80 and Sockeye Salmon
RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
Because I am one of the "essential" workers, I at least have somewhere to go but the stress is something else. Otherwise it affected my mental health only slightly.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Work for me whether I enjoyed it or not was atleast a distraction from my own mind. The pandemic has reminded me how useless and worthless I am and how little enjoyment I have in anything.

Being stuck with my thoughts in the waking hours is torture and the only escape is to sleep.

• Hugs
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I've pretty much been stuck indoors before the quarantine as well, but being stuck in the wrong place feels like prison and I hate it.

Just checked my weight. I've gained like 5kg (11 lbs) while I'm here... I've been trying to lose weight all last year and all I did was regain it due to my dad trying to overfeed me and trying to make me fat due to narcissistic reasons, and my snacking... Uhh.. would take months for me to lose it again.. Fuck this shit.

Reactions: Ybother
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
It really hasn't affected me as much since I'm much more of a introvert type dude that likes to be alone a lot, so it really didn't effect me all that much. Well except for the masks.

Reactions: Ybother
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
It has actually been good for my mental health in most respects. Less social interaction means less social pressure and I really needed that.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and so tired or manic
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
Scratch my previous post.. I've actually gained around 10kg (22 lbs) while I'm here.. Fucking shit. I hate my fucking dad

I'm just not going to eat until I get the fuck out of this place. I'll just drink and that's it.

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Scratch my previous post.. I've actually gained around 10kg (22 lbs) while I'm here.. Fucking shit. I hate my fucking dad

I'm just not going to eat until I get the fuck out of this place. I'll just drink and that's it.
You should leave. That place is horrible for u. Even if u gotta be homeless or couch surf. Try to find support on twitter. Get an account and tweet for help and people will help u to figure out some options. U gotta get out of there my friend. Narcissists are awful to live with.

Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
You should leave. That place is horrible for u. Even if u gotta be homeless or couch surf. Try to find support on twitter. Get an account and tweet for help and people will help u to figure out some options. U gotta get out of there my friend. Narcissists are awful to live with.
They're letting me move out on the 5th, but they'll probably try some shit.. want total control of my life back.

• Hugs
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I've lost a decent amount of body weight, which isn't good for me since I am very underweight and have a stomach ulcer that makes eating very difficult. Oh and my mental fortitude has been pushed to it's biggest limit and it's taken a serious toll on me.

• Hugs
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I've never felt so alone. And I'm scared, surrounding countries are again taking huge measures..

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
For me it's been positive because first thing that happened was that school became online only which was great because I hate waking up early and being tired the whole day, talking to people face to face and it just takes so much energy from me. Then I wouldn't go out as much and wearing masks is also cool cause I'm ugly and don't like to show my face. Now I have summer holidays and I get to be at home. I'm mostly worried about September cause mostly everything is back to normal here so I'll have to attend school as usual. Ugh

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Distopic
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
This pandemic might actually be the final reason (on top of my huge list) that I have to ctb. I finally got in a situation where I have help to get a modest little home of my own but this is the worst market to get a house thanks to covid ( apparently everyone wants a house now and super expensive prices). Since I lost my home few years ago having my own home again has been a dream and right when I was close I am stopped. Houses are going within a day now and cash offers always win.....so it has devastated my already bad mental health.

Physical health is the same...I am very sedentary and either over eat or don't eat.

Only positive thing is getting to wear a mask and my face hidden.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sockeye Salmon
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Physical health, not much, at least not in ways that would be noticeable or directly impacting my day to day life. Mentally, well given that I would have a hard time moving about, living at parents' home (since beginning of this year, even before pandemic due to living situation changed), and of course, not having direct access to my method, it has made me more anxious and stressed. Also, on top of all the reasons I have, the pandemic and the aftermath (with permanent changes - things will never be the same again) is not a future I look forward to.

• Hugs
Distopic

Distopic

Jul 27, 2020
I really improved with this situation. The home confinemet gave me some valuable free time that surprisingly I enjoyed. I stopped being as stressed I was. I didn't miss anybody and I liked the excuse of confinement to not going anywhere.

Then, when we could go outside again, I felt a bit more sociable and was a little easier for me to relate with some people. I think it's beacause I realized that I can live without almost all of them, so now I don't care so much what they think of me.

Reactions: so tired or manic and Lostandlooking
L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
Not at all, I was already a recluse living a very isolated area. Here life goes on as if nothing ever happened.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Skathon
melancholy_lily

melancholy_lily

May 21, 2020
It's been horrible for me. I had fantasized about ctb before the pandemic but never made serious plans. Early on I was extremely concerned about the collateral damage of lockdowns although I supported a brief one, and once it was clear it would not end there I started seriously planning ctb. I was a homebody type already but losing my agency and having nowhere to escape took a huge mental toll on me. I live in an apartment so I'm subjected to the neighbor noise that I used to avoid by going to work, and my city is still too expensive to justify moving. I got on an anti anxiety med that is helping me from being too drastic but I still don't see any long term way out of this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and Sinai Silence
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Work for me whether I enjoyed it or not was atleast a distraction from my own mind. The pandemic has reminded me how useless and worthless I am and how little enjoyment I have in anything.

Being stuck with my thoughts in the waking hours is torture and the only escape is to sleep.
You are neither useless nor worthless. You might think you are, but you are not. That is from a 67 year old who has seen a LOT of life. I know what I am talking about.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lethe, Aloha, Mila and 1 other person
F

Fingir ser feliz

Jul 27, 2020
I am very sorry for the people who were affected by this pandemic or lost a loved one. personally I am not afraid since my desire is to leave this life I think that I am not the only being to think about the possibility of dying from coronavirus and wait for that moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sockeye Salmon, Lostandlooking and Sinai Silence