D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Not exactly a method I'd try, but this movie I saw had a bunch of people killing themselves and each other by slitting their throat. I know it will inflict a lot of damage since the important arteries are there, and it seems like a solid murder method, but will it be harder if it was self inflicted? Is it possible to use this method to ctb, and if not, why? I'm genuinely curious.

I heard it will be messy though, blood everywhere and all. But I want to know like is it possible to fail and what will happen if someone fail, also how to do it so you don't fail. Thanks for reading (and responding, if you did).

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: the-eternal and Deleted member 17331
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Your SI and pain will probably prevent you from reaching where you want. You will have to butcher things on the way that if you survive, you will be a lot more miserable than you are now. It is not a peaceful or reliable method.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
You can use it to CTB, but it takes a lot of willpower and strength. It's also painful for a suicide method, so it's on the would not recommend list.
You pretty much have to get the jugular to succeed. That involves slashing through your vocal chords, so you might end up mute if you fail.

E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
just my thoughts,

yes it is possible, yes it will be harder if inflicted by yourself ( if someone else does it, he will just do it to you), yes it will be a mess, it will hurt as hell i think, dont know how fast it is, but well you bleed out.

wiTH WIll power, mAy be possib,e, juts theroratical ( no encouragement to do it),if someone would let himself fall into a chainsaw, id would be like that maybe
Would I consider it, hell no

Last edited:
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
It's absolutely possible. However, if you wouldn't choose drowning as a method, I wouldn't suggest this one. Of course, it's all in how you do it, but even so, it takes a lot of will power with a strong will to overcome si. It seems like too many risks for my own liking, but yes, it's possible.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Very hard. SI will make it hard, the pain will make you flinch, your neck is strong enough that you'll have to put some effort in and the blood going everywhere and throat rupturing is going to make it hard to focus on what you're doing. I wouldn't try this personally.

Reactions: overwhelming and Deleted member 17331
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Very, very hard. Your body will reflexively and involuntarily prevent you from doing that due to the pain and agony suffered by it. I'm not really comfortable even dealing with cutting at all. This is why I go for methods that are either painless, quick, and still reliable.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331
JD8080

JD8080

“Death is certain, Life is not “
Jun 28, 2020
I think it's a horrible way .. i would imagine pain and a lot of blood !

Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
I'm a hostage to the diabolical. Help. JeanMath Calut once said "IQ doesn't correlate with empathy or sympathy." true dat.

D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Thanks for all the response. I'm not thinking of using this to ctb; for once, this is a completely hypothetical question. It seems easy the way you just drain all the blood from your neck, but I guess hurting yourself is much harder than hurting other people. I know about survival instinct as well, and there has to be some effort to get it correctly. I was just wondering, from a clinical standpoint, about the effectiveness of this method. I don't know where else to ask. Thanks again!

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Too much pain and not to mention the SI. My guess this would be the toughest way to ctb. Would rather go with full suspension than this

D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Too much pain and not to mention the SI. My guess this would be the toughest way to ctb. Would rather go with full suspension than this
Same tbh. This question is purely educational. I don't think my hands have the strength to go through my neck just like that lol