hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I have been diagnosed with light bipolar disorder. I do not know if my employer can use it as an excuse to fire me or to not renew my contract. But how is your life, in general, your life eith bipolar?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: quietwater and Forever Sleep
quietwater

quietwater

delusional poet
May 2, 2023
I have been diagnosed with light bipolar disorder. I do not know if my employer can use it as an excuse to fire me or to not renew my contract. But how is your life, in general, your life eith bipolar?
Hi! I know this thread is a bit old, but I wanted to reply anyway.
I have bipolar disorder and I don't think people can use it as an excuse to fire others. I don't think it's even mandatory to inform your employer about it, it's your personal life, after all.
Anyway, to answer the other question, it's pretty hard for me to live with it, especially when I stop getting medication (which happens pretty often, since in manic episodes i throw away my medications), because people see me as "crazy" or "fake". It happened a lot recently, with the person I love. We live together and he often sees me when I'm in highs or lows, or just when my mood switches randomly and I get angry for nothing, and this is killing me. He supports me so much and I often find myself being unable to show my love as I wish I could.
I don't perceive my love differently from others, I think, but I struggle in showing it as I wish, and that's the bad thing.
Anyway, not everyone who suffers from bipolar disorder feels this way, this is just my personal experience.
I wish you the best! <3★

• Love
Reactions: hamvil
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
Living with bipolar is another thing that makes my life harder. The depression makes up most of it. The mania doesn't come around much, but it tends to be fucked up too.

I like to think of how being bipolar affects my suicidality. Being bipolar is not a death sentence, but there's a reason why the bipolar population has higher suicide statistics than other mental disorders like depression.

I Second what the post above says about disclosing the disorder to your employer, you do not have to disclose, and we have rights to not be discriminated against.

• Love
Reactions: quietwater, hamvil and sad_rock