D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
May marks the FOURTH MONTH I have been trying to finish a short paper (less than 1000 words). I spend hours trying to write every single day. For most of that time, all I can do is stare at the wall.

And I am supposed to believe I have a future... LOL

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: marchshift, Dliena, movinout17 and 5 others
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
What's the subject of the paper?

D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
What's the subject of the paper?
How engineering decisions have an entrainment effect. Within an engineering application this is simple enough. Your approach - the solutions you choose - will generate and/or obviate problems in other areas of whatever system you are working within. So, for a system to be functional, the solutions to each problem it solves must be 'entrained,' meaning the solutions align in whatever necessary way. Otherwise, your design will induce problems that go without answer and cause the system to malfunction in some way.

I use the word entrainment because I think this effect is native to any working system and, especially in systems of which people are a part, has an imperative quality. Like the imperative of a riptide -> current -> entrainment.

The idea is that when people become involved with technology within a system, the people, being far more adaptable than any technology (which are mostly static after being implemented, I assume), will be entrained to the expedients of the technology. We call this learning how to use something. Learning to use a book (read). Learning to use a computer. Learning to use a car (drive). Learning how to use Google. This is obvious but also seems to not be considered very carefully by designers and engineers. The result is that our inventions rely far too much on their user's ability to adapt to it, with the effect that the user becomes deranged in some way.

Obviously there is so much more to say but I spent too much time on this as it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: marchshift, movinout17, Relic and 1 other person
iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
im ruined

• Hugs
Reactions: marchshift, return., movinout17 and 2 others
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
May marks the FOURTH MONTH I have been trying to finish a short paper (less than 1000 words).
This is what the ghostwriters are for. Just not too many, or it would look weird when the style changes at every other sentence.

How engineering decisions have an entrainment effect.
Why not leave it at "laughing at the plebs when designing laptops and phones with a single port".
The most use people get out of today's technology is unboxing.
Technology is at the point where many things can be done with a press of a button. Now, if we only had something that would press the button...
Sorry, I'll see myself out.

Reactions: Deo volente
northstar

northstar

the world is full of noise
May 6, 2023
lol feel you. the brain rot is pretty severe

Reactions: Deo volente and Skathon
Krystal

Krystal

May 6, 2023
At least ChatGPT exists now :) In the future, it'll be even smarter, though I guess that doesn't really matter.

• Love
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and Deo volente
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Majorly and indefinitely. I'm so brain fogged I can barely muddle through a TV show. I forget plots, characters, how one thing ties in with another. I thought for a while there that I had dementia, but CTs and MRIs ruled that out. My neurologist said after the fact that I actually have a really good brain. I lol'ed.

• Love
Reactions: Deo volente
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
I don't know. Considering I'm not normal, I'm guessing very.

Reactions: Skathon
F

Fractal

May 22, 2023
Normal people don't understand brain rot. My brain is beyond fucked. I wouldn't be surprised if my MRI comes up fine though. Humanity is so far behind understanding the human brain it's insane, especially with how many ways we've developed to destroy it's functioning.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
1*KvvMsQrSl9hGlLCB_0AKlw.png

Reactions: marchshift
S

StardustMonkey

Jan 18, 2024
My brain is mostly inoperable. Every task I set out to do, I am just physically and mentally incapable of executing.

If you were to watch a horror movie, then sprint up 100 flights of stairs, then hold your breath for one minute, and then take that mental state, that is about where I am at most of the time. Like my brain is continuously firing off alarm signals that make it impossible to concentrate on anything. And boy have I tried to fix it, but it ain't budging.

Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I gots to be frank but my brain is crushed at this point. But then again whenever has it not been?

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Serotonin levels are negative, Amygdala over reactive. Pineal gland halfway calcified.

PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

Mar 20, 2022
It barely works most of the time, years of cannabis abuse, depression, having a low quality alimentation and heavy use of alcohol at times doesn't help. However, i am now sober from alcohol and got somewhat bored of cannabis use so i only use it for recreational purpose with some friends and going out so I hope it will get better with time.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Pretty fucked. I've got neurodivergences (ADHD, Asperger's) and I think I've become avoidant and schizoid over the years. I basically have no ability to socialize with anyone anymore, I lost all of the little skill I had, and I'm socially awkward. I became more socially awkward over time due to being a hermit/hiki and isolated from other people (self-imposed bc I like being alone). I'm fine interacting with other people online but in person it's another story, lol. Sometimes I feel like an AI just masquerading and pretending to be human. My executive function is shit due to my conditions, I like to say that I've got no executive function at all, only dysfunction.