Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
I don't think the effect would last long. People like to say that they're now ruined psychologically.

"For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."
-The Stranger

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lostangel
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
People are traumatised by all manner of shocking or unpleasant things. It all depends on the person witnessing the act. A naturally strong person might shrug it off, or even relay it to others excitedly. A weaker person might dwell on it for years.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and autumnal
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
People are traumatised by all manner of shocking or unpleasant things. It all depends on the person witnessing the act. A naturally strong person might shrug it off, or even relay it to others excitedly. A weaker person might dwell on it for years.
Just like the man in black at the end of the documentary The Bridge is in my memory. I'll never forget seeing how calm and collected he was when he fell backward.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
As another user pointed out. Some will take it differently so the best way to avoid accidentally traumatising someone is to do it at night or when nobody is looking.

Reactions: sadghost and autumnal
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
It also depends on the persons mindset. Being a pro-lifer makes it inherently more difficult to witness something like that, because they lack the empathy to really feel with the persons pain and it pops their perfect bubble to see somebody suiciding.
I, however, would be happy, for I will see the pain of the person and know he is free now, not having to suffer anymore. Only a moron is devastated because of empathy, as he thinks the person would be better off living, thus denying their pain.

Reactions: Close_to_freedom
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
I agree with the people above: it all depends on the individual.

Personally, I wouldn't be traumatised by seeing it but I'm also a person who sometimes spends hours browsing through Best Gore and laughing at some of the pictures and videos there. I also have friends who who don't enjoy seeing gore but they still wouldn't be traumatised by seeing someone become a pancake on the street. Other friends of mine however would likely need to go to therapy after witnessing such a thing.

So, for the sake of sensitive people, I personally would choose to jump at night so that noone gets traumatised by my act.