• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

4g1vvvven

🔍 Looking for the nicest exit 🚪
Feb 14, 2023
It seems there are many successes without sedatives and many failures with:

That being said, can anyone comment on how essential or helpful they are with SN protocols?

Vizzy seems to have recommended them but they don't appear as essential as AEs for example.

I know they have a calming effect but doesn't the SN knock you out in about ~15 mins anyway?

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
In UitWeg (Dignified Dying) by Boudewijn Chabot he describes how Coöperatie Laatste Wil (Dutch organization) advises 3 things to counteract the (negative) side-effects of SN/SA:
- a fast working med to sleep (like benzos);
- antiemetic, something against vomiting;
- meds against headache.

He then states that Coöperatie provides no proof these will even help. And there's a catch concerning the sleep medication: if you take it too late chances are you will consciousnessly suffer the side effects, such as:

- dizziness caused by fast dropping blood pressure so the brain won't receive enough blood;
- headache caused by a shortage of oxygen in the brain and/or acute decrease of blood pressure;
- nausea and/or vomiting;
- restlessness, muscle weakness and muscle cramps;
- epileptic ceasure caused by the shortage of oxygen in the brain.

Note: There is an antidote for SN (if taken within the hour), but there is no antidote for SA, you will die.

Maybe the solution is what he suggests if you overdose on chloroquine: take 2 sleep meds. A fast working and a slow working, so you don't wake up.

Edit: The book describes the same effects for SN and SA

Last edited:
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
It seems there are many successes without sedatives and many failures with:

That being said, can anyone comment on how essential or helpful they are with SN protocols?

Vizzy seems to have recommended them but they don't appear as essential as AEs for example.

I know they have a calming effect but doesn't the SN knock you out in about ~15 mins anyway?
The benzos aren't essential. They are there to help with anxiety and SI and to make the process more peaceful. Provided a sufficient dose of SN is consumed and kept down, SN alone does the work. AEs are of course highly recommended as SN tends to induce purging without them and sometimes even with them..

And yes, SN seems to render the consumer unconscious somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes after consumption from all the reports we've read in our time here. That said, there is a chance that time will feel like it is a lot longer which is also where the benzos help as that period could come with a lot of anxiety which could trigger SI.

Last edited:
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
There is an antidote for SN.. Methylene Blue. It does have to be administered rather quickly though.

The benzos aren't essential. They are there to help with anxiety and SI and to make the process more peaceful. Provided a sufficient dose of SN is consumed and kept down, SN alone does the work. AEs are of course highly recommended as SN tends to induce purging without them and sometimes even with them..

And yes, SN seems to render the consumer unconscious somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes after consumption from all the reports we've read in our time here. That said, there is a chance that time will feel like it is a lot longer which is also where the benzos help as that period could come with a lot of anxiety which could trigger SI.
Thanks for pointing that out. I got the translation wrong. Someone already corrected me and I'm trying to edit my messages.

As for the benzos: I thought there were mainly meant to get you to sleep, so you don't consciousnessly suffer the side-effects of both SN and SA. That is what Uitweg describes.

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
As for the benzos: I thought there were mainly meant to get you to sleep, so you don't consciousnessly suffer the side-effects of both SN and SA. That is what Uitweg describes.
That is also a way in which the benzos help, but they are not essential to CTB with this method, just highly desirable.
Unfortunately, a lot of people can't get benzos for various reasons, or worse, already have a tolerance to them from past abuse/overuse of them and can't rely on them.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
but doesn't the SN knock you out in about ~15 mins anyway?
It does but the thing is you will feel how SN works in your body while you are fully conscious (+ possible vomiting, nausea, stomach aches), the lack of oxygen and other effects until you pass out bc of a lack of oxygen. That can lead to panic and calling an ambulance. Benzos r suggested to stay calm as best as possible.

4g1vvvven

🔍 Looking for the nicest exit 🚪
Feb 14, 2023
It does but the thing is you will feel how SN works in your body while you are fully conscious (+ possible vomiting, nausea, stomach aches), the lack of oxygen and other effects until you pass out bc of a lack of oxygen. That can lead to panic and calling an ambulance. Benzos r suggested to stay calm as best as possible.
I was hoping OTC painkillers and AEs would be sufficient to fight the vomit, nausea, aches, and pains 🤔

I can see why the general advise is to take benzos too, thanks. Panic is something I'd not adequately considered clearly.

Haven't seen a benzo in a while, guess I'll have to look for some UK sources (ideally not on the DN)

Reactions: Goku Black
FrozenPond

FrozenPond

Mar 1, 2024
It might sound crazy, but I find sound at 432hz to be incredibly peaceful. Lots of videos online for free. That's what I'm going to use, couldn't get benzos.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
That is also a way in which the benzos help, but they are not essential to CTB with this method, just highly desirable.
Unfortunately, a lot of people can't get benzos for various reasons, or worse, already have a tolerance to them from past abuse/overuse of them and can't rely on them.
Pretty glad I have them but it feels bad seeing people struggling to get them and a lot of people have ctb without them anyway.
I can see why the general advise is to take benzos too, thanks. Panic is something I'd not adequately considered clearly.
Well, it's something that's probably on the list of considerations on what to be weary of when it comes to method.

Reactions: _Broken_alice