N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It is not a huge problem for me currently. I am absolutely financially dependent on my parents. I probably live a (lower) middle class life for now. I am really satisfied with that.
However the future scares the shit out of me. I probably can't work and poverty is one of my biggest reasons why I need to ctb. If my parents were dead the inflation had the potential to drive me over the edge. I worry a lot. In the past I have simulated poverty despite the fact I had no need to do so. It was horrible. And I think I had more money than the welfare standard. Yeah this will probably kill me.

A friend of me gave me the tip I shall "enjoy" my life as long as I can (financially) It is his philosophy. He has no savings and spends all his money for games. Excactly this friend might soon have to leave college due to the inflation and the fact that he has no savings. I think his way of thinking in relation to money is not that smart. But I tried to become a little bit nicer towards myself. I think in the end I will commit suicide due to lack of money and my savings won't prevent that. I started to allow me more spendings. And I enjoy that. But this all reminds me that this is all only temporary and I am thinking daily how horrible my future will be when I have to abstain from all of this.

Yeah the inflation worries me. But there are people who have it currently way way worse than me. And in the future I will be one of them. Maybe I will be dead before I experience real poverty. I don't know my mental health is pretty fragile.

Are you currently struggling due to the inflation? Recently the inflation numbers of my country were published and I am quite shocked about them...

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Inflation is extremely regressive in nature. Those who are well off will still be fine, those who are barely making it or struggling will be hit much harder. If inflation is 10%, the person making $100k has $90k spending power. Not really an issue unless you were living at or beyond your means at $100k. If you lived on $60k, but made $100k, inflation would have virtually no impact on your life except saving a little less.

If you are making $30k and just getting by, 10% inflation means you're down to $27k spending power, and would probably need another job.

For me personally, it's not really having any impact.

Reactions: Depressed Cat and bad luck
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
My money is worth 10% less. This year I have not put the heating. My country is a disaster that depends on others for energy.

• Hugs
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
Here in my country, fuel costs have risen quite drastically. Petrol/gasoline, diesel, LPG/propane+butane, auto LPG, CNG and piped gas are all being sold at their highest prices ever.

The only saving grace is that electricity prices haven't gone up (yet). In my region, electricity is supplied by a state-owned utility and an increase in power tariff must be approved by the regional government, which they usually hesitate to do because it's unpopular. It also helps that not much electricity is generated from natural gas.

One advantage of living in the tropics is that one doesn't have to heat homes in the winter. Winter is cool and pleasant (never gets cold) in my place, and no one uses heating of any kind. The rest of the year is hot & humid, and summer becomes unbearably so! Hence, summer is the time of maximum energy consumption when air-conditioners have be used for one to remain comfortable.

A while ago, we completely switched from LPG (propane+butane) to electricity for cooking, and ended up saving a fair sum in terms of energy costs. Wish I could afford an electric car as well. Not an expensive Tesla, but a more affordable one. Electric cars still cost much more than comparable ones running on fossil fuels.

A friend of me gave me the tip I shall "enjoy" my life as long as I can (financially) It is his philosophy. He has no savings and spends all his money for games. Excactly this friend might soon have to leave college due to the inflation and the fact that he has no savings.

Isn't college free in Germany?

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Food costs are up quite a bit, but the gas prices are really hurting me. I drive rideshare and I am supposed to go out tonight. But fuel has gone up like 60% in a year and I have a bad back so I'm thinking of just staying home. It's definitely tough for me to get ahead right now.

• Hugs