Hysteria

Hysteria

Crimson
Jan 8, 2024
Dear Members,

Many can control their dreams depending on their daily actions. I can keep playing my favorite computer game all day and expect to dream about it at night. For me, the method works consistently. There are random details like surprise characters or unusual stories, but the primary concept is always recognizable.

In psychedelic culture, this observation has the name "setting." It is commonly recognized that the experience you surround yourself with before and during the LSD trip has a direct and somewhat predictable impact on your trip experience. I can confirm it myself from personal experience.

I thought that the experience I had during suicide might affect whatever I experienced while my brain disassembled. Do you think it could make any sense, or shouldn't I bother because it'll be instant black?

Update

I forgot to add I had a friend who attempted suicide. She was "saved," but she had a confirmed near-death experience. She's into Victorian gothic style (like myself) and told me she was walking in a garden of the same style from what she could recollect from the experience.

And, of course, there are whole books, and the Internet is full of stories from Christian people who experienced a scene with God. Here, I don't debate what's real or not. I believe I hurt no one with the claim authentic religion gives a setting to the followers. Here, I debate the impact of this setting on the experience.

Hugs,
Hysteria

Last edited:
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Interesting theory. I'm the same way in terms of somewhat being able to influence or control my dream, but sadly not on a consistent basis yet. It's a double edged sword for me, though: when I was younger i had that full belief in "oh my gosh that was such as awesome dream maybe it means it will come true" (which was a dream of me driving a great car). When i got older and read about the subconscious and "setting", i started to dismiss my dreams and think "ah, probably something I immersed myself in prior to sleeping"
But it IS certainly possible. I mean, it doesnt go against what the generic experience seems to be, the one about your life flashing before your eyes. It's possible that the screening process of your life's movie isnt necessarily in a movie theatre setting. Like if it's in relation to your friend, her screening could have been in that garden she described.
Makes me wonder what the setting for my life's movie would be.

• Informative
Reactions: Hysteria
Hysteria

Hysteria

Crimson
Jan 8, 2024
Interesting theory. I'm the same way in terms of somewhat being able to influence or control my dream, but sadly not on a consistent basis yet. It's a double edged sword for me, though: when I was younger i had that full belief in "oh my gosh that was such as awesome dream maybe it means it will come true" (which was a dream of me driving a great car). When i got older and read about the subconscious and "setting", i started to dismiss my dreams and think "ah, probably something I immersed myself in prior to sleeping"
But it IS certainly possible. I mean, it doesnt go against what the generic experience seems to be, the one about your life flashing before your eyes. It's possible that the screening process of your life's movie isnt necessarily in a movie theatre setting. Like if it's in relation to your friend, her screening could have been in that garden she described.
Makes me wonder what the setting for my life's movie would be.

I can't imagine death itself, but I model it in my mind as the state before I was born. How did I feel when Leonardo da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa? As you might know, we shouldn't confuse a model with reality. Still, it's a practical instrument to answer questions. I read that you could watch your life movie before the described state. There might be some science behind it, but I'm not looking forward to doing it and would avoid it if given any control. I can't describe how much I've suffered so far. I don't want to relive any part of it, much less the whole torture. I'll try to fill my mind with fantasies I like before the planned time of death. I expect to slide from reality to my fantasy dreams and from my fantasies to the unimaginable non-existence.

Reactions: Slow_Farewell