Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Realistically in the sense that you don't sit by a tree for years to achieve this state or follow some vague eightfold path.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Enlightenment A Scam
nobody has ever achived Enlightenment

Buddhists believe that human life is a cycle of suffering and rebirth, but that if one achieves a state of enlightenment (nirvana), it is possible to escape this cycle forever. Siddhartha Gautama was the first person to reach this state of enlightenment and was, and is still today, known as the Buddha.

when you die your nothing forever or rebirth there's no escaping this fate

Reactions: Source Energy and Shivali
Shivali

Shivali

Mage
Jun 9, 2022
When it is seen that nothing really exists... 245871913 10158535844653131 1755984434410468210 n

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Last year, after I have been diagnosed with devastating spinal disease (which leads me to CTB), has totally changed me as a person. Suddenly, everything has fallen in place, the puzzle has been solved. I've found my identity, despite it being too late. I would call it something like enlightenment.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and epic
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Last year, after I have been diagnosed with devastating spinal disease (which leads me to CTB), has totally changed me as a person. Suddenly, everything has fallen in place, the puzzle has been solved. I've found my identity, despite it being too late. I would call it something like enlightenment.
What's it feel like?

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
What's it feel like?
It feels like deeply realizing who I am, what is important to me and what is not, what my life mission should be (if I did not have the disease). I feel I´ve grown more empathy, compassion, gratitude and certain kind of calmness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It feels like deeply realizing who I am, what is important to me and what is not, what my life mission should be (if I did not have the disease). I feel I´ve grown more empathy, compassion, gratitude and certain kind of calmness.
That's just maturity

M

macrocosm

Apr 3, 2023
Can you define enlightenment please? Just a word that can have a wide spectrum of meanings for a wide spectrum of individuals.

If you're talking about internal peace, meditation does help, but it could take weeks, months, or longer to get really good at, and it can be near impossible to practice when suffering from mental health ailments that require serious treatment

• Informative
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Can you define enlightenment please? Just a word that can have a wide spectrum of meanings for a wide spectrum of individuals.

If you're talking about internal peace, meditation does help, but it could take weeks, months, or longer to get really good at, and it can be near impossible to practice when suffering from mental health ailments that require serious treatment
Yeah my mind is a tumult. So no hope?

M

macrocosm

Apr 3, 2023
Yeah my mind is a tumult. So no hope?
Well if it requires medical treatment, that's one thing. But just like anything else, you can get better at something with time and practice. Yes you can calm a Tumultuous mind with meditation, but don't expect it overnight. You can try using apps like Calm to guide you. Meditation is real and it's positive effects are real, but it takes time and effort

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I'm not sure that the Buddha did reach enlightenment. (I'm not even sure that the phrase "reachig enlightenment" actually means anything.) Yes, I know that the Buddhist scriptures say that he did. But you can't believe everything you read in old books. The bible says that Jesus walked on water, and I don't believe that either. If we want to figure out our place in the world, I think we have to do it ourselves. No point looking for answers from people who were no better informed than we are. When I was much younger I studied what all the major world religions had to say about these kinds of things, and I didn't find any of them convincing.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I'm not sure that the Buddha did reach enlightenment. (I'm not even sure that the phrase "reachig enlightenment" actually means anything.) Yes, I know that the Buddhist scriptures say that he did. But you can't believe everything you read in old books. The bible says that Jesus walked on water, and I don't believe that either. If we want to figure out our place in the world, I think we have to do it ourselves. No point looking for answers from people who were no better informed than we are. When I was much younger I studied what all the major world religions had to say about these kinds of things, and I didn't find any of them convincing.
I can't lead myself. I don't know where to take myself

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I can't lead myself. I don't know where to take myself
I would suggest that you don't even try. Just live your life. Some of the issues you are thinking about now will become clearer over time. Most of them won't, but that's simply the human condition.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I would suggest that you don't even try. Just live your life. Some of the issues you are thinking about now will become clearer over time. Most of them won't, but that's simply the human condition.
That should be taught to all kids.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Linda
iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
the only truly enlightened people are dead

• Informative
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
the only truly enlightened people are dead
That's clever. It's interesting that Nirvana resembles oblivion. We all will be enlightened without having to do extra steps. Buddha was a scam artist.

Reactions: iamalreadydead