• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

We have such sights to show you 👁️
Apr 17, 2023
Emotion is ever-changing, so it's foolish to decide on something purely with emotion. I don't want to decide on ctb with emotion as my guide. How do I do this strictly with the rational side? How does one even attempt to do that if they suffer from a mental Illness that has distorted their rational side? Would suffering from such a severe mental illness without relief from medication be reason enough to skip the entire contemplative process and just die?

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Emotion is ever-changing, so it's foolish to decide on something purely with emotion. I don't want to decide on ctb with emotion as my guide. How do I do this strictly with the rational side? How does one even attempt to do that if they suffer from a mental Illness that has distorted their rational side? Would suffering from such a severe mental illness without relief from medication be reason enough to skip the entire contemplative process and just die?
Personally whenever i do something that counts for me, I isolate myself and think about it 1000 times, wheter is something positive or negative.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
Personally whenever i do something that counts for me, I isolate myself and think about it 1000 times, wheter is something positive or negative.
I've thought about ctb way more than that and while in isolation and the answer is still "I don't know."

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
I've thought about ctb way more than that and while in isolation and the answer is still "I don't know."
Maybe you still hope for something or it is SI. In my case i wanted(maybe want) a simple life, simple job and smile and drink some beers with my friends, with all the narcisissm and evil of this era out of my sight.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think for all of us, it's a case of: What is it about my life that's so bad that it makes me want to end it? Can I change it? If I can't entirely succeed, can I put up with a compromise?

Obviously- emotion comes into that. If we're crying every day or having a panic attack or feeling intensely miserable or apathetic even- it's the same questions I think... What can I do to change this? How successful am I likely to be? Am I willing to put up with partial success?

As to how to change it- could be anything. Trying different activities, examining our lifestyles and seeing what's unhealthy and reducing those things, being more social, joining clubs, taking up a hobby, studying something, travelling, therapy, meds, exercise, finding a new job. Whatever really. Changes in our lives are bound to affect our moods.

But then of course, I think it's also fair to say- I tried that and it didn't work for me. I don't want to try that or- I can't. Personally, I don't even have a problem with saying 'I won't try that.' It's us that has to put ourselves through it at the end of the day.

I suppose ultimately though, I see it as a fight. A struggle to overcome. Either you're willing to put in the effort to do that- to whatever degree or, you're not. Even with emotions. If you think your emotions are sending you false signals and forcing you into a biased decision- you can try things to manage those emotions- exercise, a good diet, even medication.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
I think for all of us, it's a case of: What is it about my life that's so bad that it makes me want to end it? Can I change it? If I can't entirely succeed, can I put up with a compromise?

Obviously- emotion comes into that. If we're crying every day or having a panic attack or feeling intensely miserable or apathetic even- it's the same questions I think... What can I do to change this? How successful am I likely to be? Am I willing to put up with partial success?

As to how to change it- could be anything. Trying different activities, examining our lifestyles and seeing what's unhealthy and reducing those things, being more social, joining clubs, taking up a hobby, studying something, travelling, therapy, meds, exercise, finding a new job. Whatever really. Changes in our lives are bound to affect our moods.

But then of course, I think it's also fair to say- I tried that and it didn't work for me. I don't want to try that or- I can't. Personally, I don't even have a problem with saying 'I won't try that.' It's us that has to put ourselves through it at the end of the day.

I suppose ultimately though, I see it as a fight. A struggle to overcome. Either you're willing to put in the effort to do that- to whatever degree or, you're not. Even with emotions. If you think your emotions are sending you false signals and forcing you into a biased decision- you can try things to manage those emotions- exercise, a good diet, even medication.
Good post. Every suicidal person should read it. I think many people don't really think it through and just act on impulse when the fire gets too hot. They let emotion decide and I think that's the wrong approach.

"I'm in pain. Theres a bridge. Is it high enough? I don't know but I sure hope it is." Catastrophic thinking that often leads to a worse circumstance.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Personally I want to ctb but the only thing holding me back is SI and the risk of failure. It's really a risk analysis game. Life itself is

Reactions: davidtorez
L

lucas28481

Feb 26, 2024
emotional overload usually leads to suicidal thoughts, it's kinda hard to have a rational side if you are suicidal, if it's something that you've contemplated for a long time, it's better a reason to do it than a sudden event - if you've just lost your job, gone through a breakup, etc.

Reactions: davidtorez
davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024

Many years ago I watched this course lecture about the rationality of suicide. Well worth the watch for those of you interested in this topic .

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Mar 5, 2024
Not only is emotion ever-changing, but it's also ever present, in whatever way. I don't think it's possible to decide something like that without emotion. If you want to be rational, that would mean finding a balance between your emotions, and your being. Combine with critical thinking.

As for the question of skipping the contemplative process and dying : If you suffer a lot, there will be no question of whether it is reason enough to die. If you really want to contemplate, there might be no way past the fact that we are emotional beings, and our emotions do change

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
There's several ways. The method I choose was valuation. Since I didn't value myself at the time I set an arbitrary value based on minimum estimated value of successful treatment. For me this was 17000 (I overestimated. I'd suggest 12k). This number is what's required to be spent on mental health services otherwise you're potentially making a mistake too early. If there was improvement, I'd adjust the estimate to continue treatment