spiderwbs

spiderwbs

Nov 7, 2023
Personally, I don't want a funeral…. But if I were to have one, I think it'd be a huge party, and people would be happy that I'm gone. There would be tons of food and snacks, desserts, stuff like that. People can wear whatever they want…. I feel like it'd be a celebration. I don't want people crying that I am no longer here, it's pointless and you waste your tears on someone that wasn't important.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost cherry, katagiri83 and sad_rock
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I can't think about that at all though I have indulged a bit. Not that it's imagining the grief that gives me pause but rather just thinking about any aftermath I won't be here for. Though it does disturb to think of my awful mother receiving undue sympathy.

• Hugs
Reactions: sad_rock
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
outdoors in a forest. may my ashes be layed by the cascading river and return to the soil. my soul will lie at peace with animals and wildflowers.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I don't want a funeral either, but that is something I can't control, and my family is very bent on having them, and it "comforts" them, so I don't feel I have the right to say not to it.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
If I could choose I wouldn't want a funeral but if I had one I would want to go out with my truck carrying the casket and people sending me off with a lot of tire smoke. I've seen a lot of funerals like that but it's usually a known member of the car community which is nonexistent around my area.

Otherwise I would like to have it like my grandfather, a long drive in the mountains to finally be laid to rest with everyone getting a beautiful view of the earth. There was beauty and peace even in the sorrow.

Reactions: katagiri83
thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I don't want to have a funeral. If it was up to me, I'd have my ashes flushed down the toilet because I'm such a useless human and I hate myself.

• Aww..
Reactions: Leavesfromthevine
junko

junko

carving my name in the grave again
Mar 16, 2023
No funeral for me, as well. The only people who would show up are the ones who abused me my entire life. How hollow would that be?

In a fantasy world where I had a loving family that I'd want to be around, my funeral would be proper and solemn but the wake would be a party, a celebration of life. Maybe a cute potluck or something. My favorite music playing as people mingle and dance.

• Love
Reactions: katagiri83 and Leavesfromthevine
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wouldn't as well, I just wish to be forgotten about like I never existed at all.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I don't care whether I have a funeral or not, after all I'm dead, it doesn't make a difference to me. Though sometimes I do think about it. Those slideshows they always have of photos of the person. I wouldn't want any of those "she was such a happy person" speeches. Or any bullshit call for anyone feeling the same way to call a helpline or anything like that. If they are going to talk about me, acknowledge the years of pain I endured. Acknowledge that treatment did not help me. Don't lie about me.

U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I honestly don't want a funeral for myself either but I feel regardless they're gonna have one and it's going to be religious and I just wish there would be somebody to stand up in the back of the ceremony to say for shame as they know how strongly I advocated against their religion among other ones and how I have gone through so much religious pain and trauma. I would also want him/her to share how disrespectful to my life this would be for me and my wishing of having no funeral especially religious. I think if someone wanted to grieve they would need to so privately as my family seems to love to make these things more about themselves and their own selfish plans than anything else even going as far as using these events as reunions/parties and I would certainly not want there to be a celebration as I don't think there's anything worth celebrating If I have to ctb in part because of them and their disgusting religion.