• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
does anyone else have no idea how to talk to people? like ok awesome, and you want me to say what now?

and god forbid its someone you havent heard from in forever. like, yes, what do you want?? and you want me to respond to that how????

i either dont have much of a connection and draw a blank. like i tried reconnecting with my friend a year ago! and she left me on read. now shes like "hey he almost died the other day" .. umm.... ok?? i dont mean to be heartless, im just drawing a complete blank on what to say or think. people die, i was working on my dead dogs grave yesterday, and??
or someone else that i also havent heard from in about a year, we've been talking for a couple mins, still have no idea what he wants. why do people randomly message? like, i tried to have a connection with you already and you didnt bite, what do you need now???

or ill agree with you, like, ok you said everything, yep ok dude. ive got nothing to add, what do you want?

or i dont agree with you but also dont have the mental/physical energy to go through a conversation like that. just, ok i dont agree but its not worth my time, i dont care so im going to keep it to myself.

so..... i suck at conversations.....

.•° ✿ °•. °•. ✿ .•° .•° ✿ °•. °•. ✿ .•° .•° ✿ °•.​

and on the topic of conversations.

does anyone else feel like they need to say the last thing, or every conversation needs some kind of closure? not in a "i have to be important" kind of thing, but you dont want the person to feel ignored (even though its probably just you projecting). i like to at least put a reaction when im talking to someone but im done talking. ya know?

• Hugs
Reactions: set0553, ConfusedClouds, Zazacosta and 2 others
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
Sounds perfectly normal to me. Unless you actually wanted to rekindle those relationships.
There are many reasons people may want to try to rekindle old relationships, or simply maintain distant contacts.

Leaving a conversation without closure is in my eyes disrespectful, and deserves an explanation. (The explanation could be implicit/self-explanatory, though.)
I too, often use reactions (👍) just to say that I've received and read a message.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zazacosta and Life_and_Death
Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Student
Apr 29, 2024
My case also... probably...

It is hard to stay in contact with people if you do not meet and do something together personally. Otherwise it nearly always sucks to try to contact or be contacted with people you do not met in past ..... x years...

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death