LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Then I kindly explain to him that he is not qualified to rate this.

And that he just repeats a common pro-lifer strategy phrase without understanding it himself

Reactions: mooncake
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Whatever they think of me I think ten times less

mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
People who call you a coward for not ctb are toxic and do not deserve to be in your life.:hmph:

You don't proof your wish to die to, and you most definitely don't owe anyone an explanation as to why you haven't (or won't)ctb. DO NOT TALK TO PEOPLE LIKE THAT. They don't have anything positive to contribute to your situation.

Lux

Lux

Sep 17, 2020
No one has ever said that to me because there's only one person who I've told.

But if someone was to say that to me, I would at least try to calmly explain that that's their opinion and then I'd try to move on.

Reactions: mooncake
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I start to think they are cowards for not being able to face the pain and reality of suicide and discuss it and think about it instead of being afraid of it like fire, because if they had they wouldn't him think I'm a coward for wanting to ctb, either that or they are stupid.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
I've been accused of being weak for giving up. They sure as hell couldn't walk in my shoes

I don't recall where I heard this, but someone said the line: "Don't imagine you in my shoes; imagine me in my shoes."

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and mooncake

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
What's wrong with being a coward -- not wanting to deal with unpleasant things? And considering that there are unpleasant things on both sides (dealing with survival instinct vs. maintaining life), there's no way not to be a coward. The argument that works both ways does not support either of sides.

Of course in RL conversation I wouldn't have much time to think so I'd go with the first part of the first question. But I think it's normal to not want to deal with unpleasant things. A gym rat who is addicted to feel-good hormones might have difficult time abandoning the exercise routine, for example (the idea of not working out, losing shape, losing feel-good hormones, breaking established habits etc, sounds much worse than the current state of things) while someone who's in poor health condition, eats shit all his/her life, leads a sedentary lifestyle etc, would have difficult time starting exercising, eating healthy and such.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I generally ignore people that regard suicide as a cowardly act. It takes considerable courage to commit suicide. The Bridge (2006) is a documentary film showing real-life suicide jumpers from the Golden Gate Bridge. Jumping off the bridge holds a 98 percent fatality rate; some die instantly from internal injuries, while others drown or die of hypothermia. One guy did a backflip after pacing up and down the bridge for what seemed like hours. A female witness thought he was bungee jumping. Another guy clutched the bridge before he slipped rather than jumped as if it were an accidental fall. The very final acts of their lives were the most difficult acts to execute.

H

Harleyyy

Student
May 15, 2020
I haven't talked about this clearly but if i were to give a reply it would be (in my head) well, you're going to be stuck in this flesh prison with your brain, maybe you're lucky enough to not realise that right now but suffering is inevitable. I am
Happy for you that it hasn't hit you but when you come out of this little strawberry world of yours and see the reality, you will long and beg to go back to your innocent mindset. I'm okay with being a coward, atleast I don't have to bang my head on a wall everyday and quench my thirst with my own damn tears.
(to their face): fuck off. :)

Reactions: ARW3N
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
We here know how much courage it takes to take own life... it is superhuman bravery.
I deeply admire and envy every person who succeeded in beating the nature.
So those people who consider it a cowardly act obviously have no idea what they are talking about.
But... don't try to explain it to them, you will not change their mind, nor will they ever understand.
Actually it is quite a good feeling, when you know something the other person doesn't, and you just look at them and... smile.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and ARW3N