• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
Maybe if you have a particular favorite snack/drink or something little that makes you happy, make self care into a game. Like if you sneed to shave for example, setting candy (or anything of your choosing) next to the shaving razor and only let yourself eat it after completing the task. I'm not sure how much that would help, maybe it will spark similar ideas. Good luck!!! 🙏✨

Reactions: hot and Forveleth
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
It's a matter of forcing yourself with the things you know you need. For me, I will not eat, so I need to make myself eat, even if it's not the most healthy or if I have to spend a bit more. I know I need something with iron, as that can be a pick-me-up for me, personally. I know I need to exercise and get outdoors, so I'll make myself stumble outside to at least walk around and be out in the sun.

It's really tough though.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
For me, a lot of my problems come because I feel overwhelmed. I make a list of tasks that I think need to be done and that I narrow it down to what actually needs to be done. Usually the second list is significantly smaller than the first, and then I just take it one small task at a time. I also allow myself time to take breaks and recover in between each task, whether that be five minutes of breathing exercises or maybe 20 minutes to watch a YouTube video that I like.

Also, I know suicide hotlines have made this cliché, but baths are dope.

• Hugs
Reactions: hot and soulkitty
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I tell myself how much worse things will get if I don't do those things.

I try to take some of the pressure off. There's a certain amount of neglect I can live with. I'm ok with personal hygienne but my environment is messy and awful a lot of the time. But, it's only me who has to put up with it. But, I tend to have must-do's each day which I try to achieve as a bare minimum.

Plus, I'm constantly trying to distract myself with music, YouTube, Podcasts, films on in the background.

When I have to tidy and clean the place or something else I really don't want to do, I try to bribe myself. I do little amounts and reward myself by coming on here or drinking some soda in between.

Reactions: hot and Forveleth
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
Honest answer? I really don't. I'll admitedly go days to weeks where the only three places i'll make it to are bed, kitchen, bathroom and all only for necessities when my physical being requires them.

Someone else mentioned putting things on in the background, that's definetly been a lifesaver for needing to complete difficult self care tasks.

Start small, though. Make your bed. Brush your teeth, even if its only for a minute or not very well. Have a snack. Do something you enjoy for a few minutes. Anything works, but momentum is an underated trick.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Best I can do that qualifies as self care is to tune out, eat a shit ton of ice cream or other unhealthy food, and distract myself any way I can. I don't know if this is actually a good method though.

Feedingbirds

Feedingbirds

grown up class clown
Oct 25, 2023
Don't know how much of self-care this is but forcing myself to go outside and just focus on what is present and around me with fresh air usually helps ground me. I'm near areas with some nature so I'm not sure how different it'd be in a big city.

A

alltoomuch2

Feb 10, 2024
Curl up with a drink of Horlicks and my weighted blanket and watch something I know really well and like eg My friend Flicka, Atypical (Netflix), cartoon Barbie film (something about mermaids, can't remember the title and don't know why I like it but something clicked with me the first time I watched it and it's really calming and makes me feel safe).
If I'm having a bad day I allow myself to just do these 3 things: Get up, get dressed, take my meds. If I get anything done after that it's a bonus but I let myself not to if I need.