Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
Maybe this is just a dumb question, but how do you make sure you have good nutrition? Like I'm depressed, so I dont want to either eat or make food. So because it's hard to get myself to eat, I tend to eat things that taste good and are fast to make/ already made so I can avoid the work of preparing food. And I can feel it, I often have that feeling when you eat too much sugar, and you feel full but also hungry for real food. I feel weaker. I just dont know how I'm suppose to eat properly when I can barely do anything.

Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I wish I knew. All I eat is fast food and Doritoes and wash it down with soft drinks. I'm skinny like a twig though. Bros... I think my organs are rotting on the inside...

Reactions: TerminalConscience and OrcWitch
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I take chewy vitamins every day. Then I eat my pizza, burger, cookies, whatever I feel like. It's not exactly good nutrition but I can't say I really care.

Reactions: OrcWitch
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
buy and cook many different raw foods like meat and fruit and vegetables. then you'll be good.

dont go overboard and eat too much. drink water but not too much (don't become a 'hydrohomie' who drinks a bunch and pisses 50% of their day)

same with being a vegan and pooping 50% of your day too.

1. Cook good food yourself.
2. Make it convenient to you.
3. If you want once you get all your nutrients then you are good to fuck around and eat shit.

You can eat garbage if you hit your nutrient macros and be okay, but you can't eat a shit ton of bad stuff.

Reactions: OrcWitch
emmarg

emmarg

Dec 10, 2021
Soylent can really help. I've lived solely on the stuff when I've been at my worst. The taste isn't too bad.

Reactions: AlwaysAnhedonia, Celerity and OrcWitch
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Soylent can really help. I've lived solely on the stuff when I've been at my worst. The taste isn't too bad.
This and Boost or Ensure. If you have the $, add in some of those smoothie drinks like Naked Juice, and you're golden, @Rustysoupcan.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
When possible you do not want to take multivitamins for so many reasons. The budget ones are crap and contain harmful additives (Called lubricates as they prevent the powdered contents from clogging the pipes when making the vitamins), you can actually get too much of certain vitamins/minerals like copper, some vitamins and minerals block absorptions of others like zinc/copper or calcium/iron, they are not the natural form of the vitamin but synthetic which means the body has to convert it, they also are stripped from a spectrum (Vitamin E for example is comprised of 4 tocopherol and 4 tocotrienols not just one that is found in most supplements). And I can go on and on. Only take what you know you are deficient in or you may run into other issues and not sure why. Commonly Vitamin D is something a lot of people are lacking, for sure if you are of darker skin or stay in doors a lot. Oh, and once again, more does not always equal better. Fat soluble vitamins will build to toxic levels while water soluble ones you piss out so higher dosage is useless for the latter.

Eggs, beans, nuts, fermented foods (Can't be pasteurized), yogurt (live culture), fruits, veggies, etc. are healthy foods. Avoid as much raw sugars and simple carbs as possible. High fats and high carbs at the same time can wreak havoc for some, for sure if you are borderline diabetic, or diabetic. Do not eat late at night as melatonin affect insulin levels. And really, one could write a book and my knowledge here is like .0001% so research anything I say. I am not a doctor, I just play one in bed.

Sorry, I am a bit out of it today so the above is half assed, didn't proofread and its probably a bit jumbled but maybe still helpful.

• Informative
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Manaaja
K

keylimepie

Feb 1, 2022
I try to eat as healthy as I can. I keep thinking good nutrition will help with my depression. any thoughts?

gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
if i dont eat ill be hungry and wake up in the night so that inspires me to keep making food and eating even if i dont have energy. protein and fat keeps you full for longer. i often eat twice a day because i eat mostly meat, eggs, organs, bone broth, dairy. if ur vegan idk what to say ur just going to inevitably be hungry 24/7

Ainsley

Ainsley

chronic thought wanderer
Feb 8, 2022
Smoothies. It may not be the most glorious meal you'll ever eat, but throw in a couple handfuls of greens (spinach), ice, some fruit, some protein powder, and either juice, milk, or water, and you've got all the macros you need for a meal. This is not only a great way to help make sure you eat, but a great way to get enough greens in your day.
Food bowls are another good choice that require a little more work, but are more filling and you actually get to "eat" it. Prepare some rice, a source of protein/beans, some cooked greens, a sauce/seasonings of choice, and mix it into a single bowl and scarf it down.
Again, these are not feast-worthy meals, but they get the job done. Pinch your nose and get it down to keep you going.
Another great tip to go along with this is meal-prepping. cook enough for three or four days at once then portion it out into meals and store it and you'll find that this will end up actually saving you time. meal-prep/bulk prepare. Chop, season, cook, portion/package, cool, and grab and reheat as necessary.
Best of luck my friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
Include eggs (with the yolk) in your diet but don't eat too many of them. Eggs contain most of the essential nutrients one requires.

Eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can. Include a variety of nuts in your diet.

Avoid sugar and and anything that contains sugar, honey, high fructose corn syrup etc. as much as possible. All these contain fructose which is a slow liver toxin that leads to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Sugar is also bad for the teeth and can lead to diabetes later.

Expose your body to adequate direct sunlight everyday, more so if you live in a cold place or have darker skin. If you live in the tropics or near the equator, a few minutes of daily sunlight exposure should be enough for the body to synthesise Vitamin D.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't. The thought of eating healthier or even in slightly less portions just makes me want to overeat even more junk food.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
T

TerminalConscience

Feb 1, 2022
Never figured that out. I legitimately hate eating.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Interloper
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and GrumpyFrog
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I don't, I have a 5 year old eating habit, or just dont plan to live that long.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 8975 and TerminalConscience
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Are you a really picky eater? If you aren't, you can just shop for different food groups - some proteins (not being vegan would help a lot with getting easy adequate nutrition, with stuff like eggs and fish/seafood), some veggies (there must be something you at least somewhat like), some fruit, some grains, and with minimal variety your nutrition is going to be about as good as any average Joes. You don't have to pick up foods that need lots of cooking - you can get your fiber from stuff like granola/cereal, fruit requires zero preparation, tastes nice is natural and has vitamins, a lot of veggies can also be just cut up and mixed in a salad, and processed meat isn't as super poisonous as they say so you can totally buy some hot dogs or nuggets or fish sticks. Eggs are super easy to cook and are nutritious, cheese tastes nice and helps with calcium. This isn't a perfect diet, but this is a suicide forum so I don't think any of us are super worried about potential of bad consequences some 30-40 years down the road and many people can be totally fine for decades with a diet like this.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Pain In The Ass

Pain In The Ass

Wizard
Feb 10, 2022
Maybe this is just a dumb question, but how do you make sure you have good nutrition? Like I'm depressed, so I dont want to either eat or make food. So because it's hard to get myself to eat, I tend to eat things that taste good and are fast to make/ already made so I can avoid the work of preparing food. And I can feel it, I often have that feeling when you eat too much sugar, and you feel full but also hungry for real food. I feel weaker. I just dont know how I'm suppose to eat properly when I can barely do anything.
Whole Milk has almost everything a person needs nutritionally and, for me anyway, is very palatable and easy to consume.

D

Deleted member 8975

I'm a vegan but…

I start my day out with a protein shake that includes all of my daily required vitamins thought I include two supplemental sprays of Vitamin D3 and B12.

I drink that with 1/3 cup of oatmeal mixed with 1 whole apple, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.

LUNCH
1/4 cup buckwheat flour 1/4 cup quinoa flour pancake with a banana, apple, or blueberries (just 1!!!) same spices from breakfast. Two tbsp of maple syrup and 2 cups of chamomile tea.

DINNER
Salad. 1/2 head of Lettuce. 1 whole Tomato. 4-6tbsp salsa. 1/4 cup of dry green lentil cooked, makes like a cup of cooked lentil I think. 1/2 cup refried beans. Beans and lentil mixed with turmeric (good for joints, pain, inflammation and more), paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin.

And I drink a lotta water through out the day.

This is basically 1200 calories lol. If I workout a lot, I might throw in a yogurt and banana and sometimes a couple cups of popcorn too.

TLDR Protein Shake and supplemental sprays are essential for my nutrition and to feel good and alert everyday!!