• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

kindawannacrylol

kindawannacrylol

Student
Jan 13, 2021
How do you make it through the week, what are the coping mechanisms you use that are most useful, especially when you have to be productive? I want to die so much, I cry before bed every night because I want to pass away in my sleep so badly but i know it won't happen. I dread starting new weeks because I completely breakdown during them, I want to be stable this week. I just need some peace, any advice?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: voltage268, Maaizr, som1 and 4 others
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Honestly? I don't know any teachable coping skill that actually works when I'm losing my mind. I just go outside, try to find an area where I can be alone, and drink and/or smoke weed and listen to music. Breathing as slowly as possible (both inhale and exhale) through your nose can slow down your heart rate though. Which is nice if you're having a small bout of anxiety. I'm sorry.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: voltage268, waitingforrest, dreadpirateroberts69 and 5 others
kindawannacrylol

kindawannacrylol

Student
Jan 13, 2021
Honestly? I don't know any teachable coping skill that actually works when I'm losing my mind. I just go outside, try to find an area where I can be alone, and drink and/or smoke weed and listen to music. Breathing as slowly as possible (both inhale and exhale) through your nose can slow down your heart rate though. Which is nice if you're having a small bout of anxiety. I'm sorry.
Thank you for the advice!

Reactions: som1
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Aw crap I just realized you said specifically for when you need to be productive, my bad. What I advised only works if you're a loser without a life like me. You can't be productive all fucked up you know? Either way good luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: dreadpirateroberts69, som1 and kindawannacrylol
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Making it through the day is a challenge. The week has become a kind of distant world I can't imagine. Think that's a coping mechanism in itself. I feel for anyone in a bad place having to be productive as it's so hard to apply yourself when your health or mind are not at even a fair to middling state. Wish I could offer some useful advice. Can only offer a friendly nod I'm afraid.

• Hugs
Reactions: som1 and Lostandlooking
NotSureToEndure

NotSureToEndure

Professor of not a lot
Aug 17, 2020
I just try to keep myself engaged in something (easier said than done of course). Going into nature is good if you have somewhere nice nearby.

Finding time where I can zone out, play some music, listen to some music.

I like yoga more than meditation as I find keeping the body moving is great for my mind. Also I find my mind wanders too much when I'm sat still. Going for a run or a walk can be good too.

Honestly I have good weeks and bad weeks for sure, so I don't always find these things easy, but finding something that can make you feel good, even a little bit, is really important.

Good luck 🤞

rudebeat

rudebeat

Dec 18, 2021
My first piece of advise only really applies if you're in a school or a job where you can complete your work at whatever hours in the day you want, so skip to the second paragraph if that doesn't apply to you. If you find it difficult to be productive work like a lazy person. What I mean by that is you don't have to stay focused on your work the whole time. I have a naturally terrible attention span, so I do this easily. I dedicate 12 hours of my day towards work, but I'm only paying attention maybe half the time or for 8 hours when I'm feeling more productive. For me, not paying attention can mean just getting lost in my thoughts for 5 minutes, but for you it could be watching youtube videos, listening to music, watching a twitch stream, browsing online, etc for 5 minutes when you find yourself struggling, then go back to work for 5 minutes again, then go back to doing something fun.
Also if you're in college and attend on campus you might find it easier to attend an online university where lectures are prerecorded and you can use online text books with speech to text functions. Even if you attend a university on campus there are still some online textbooks you can get, if the text book doesn't have a speech to text feature you can get a program of one online. With those you can do stuff like playing video games while listening to them and learning at the same time. It would have to be something more on the simple side so you can still listen to lectures and text books.
That's all the advice I can give, hopefully at least something here helps a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: little helpers and WhiteRabbit
rudebeat

rudebeat

Dec 18, 2021
Also, I'm not completely sure if all online colleges will have pre-recorded lectures. I'm just stating what has been my experience with the online classes I've taken. Another tip for saving time when studying with classes that don't have pre-recorded lectures is to record your lectures and then just listen to them while doing other things like chores, exercise, video games etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: little helpers
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I'm sorry you're stuck having to deal with all this. For being productive I've only managed little things like, meal prep / getting outfits ready the night before work so the mornings are a little easier, getting more expensive snacks and stuff sometimes to bribe myself... for a while I started bumming cigs off people but I stopped because it didn't feel good anymore like that shit obviously makes you sick. I got myself a weighted blanket. Idk things are hard. I hope you can get more rest soon.

meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
I would say to write down every task you have to complete when it enters your mind. You may never complete them but it helps to save your mind from remembering these things. Perhaps also keeping a diary will save you from being preoccupied with thoughts that stop you from being productive. Employ a time management system like the Pomodoro technique in which you work for 35 minutes and then take a five minute break.

Reactions: NotSureToEndure and som1
NotSureToEndure

NotSureToEndure

Professor of not a lot
Aug 17, 2020
I would say to write down every task you have to complete when it enters your mind. You may never complete them but it helps to save your mind from remembering these things. Perhaps also keeping a diary will save you from being preoccupied with thoughts that stop you from being productive. Employ a time management system like the Pomodoro technique in which you work for 35 minutes and then take a five minute break.
yeah for sure, this helps a lot. I started using http://trello.com/ about a year ago, and it's free for the simple version (which is fine). I basically have different columns I fill, one is stuff I need to handle immediately, another one is stuff I need to handle soon, and another is 'need to look at' (but not essential).

You basically make little cards that can have comments, links, files and checklists within them. Can also link to a calendar which I haven't bothered with yet.. then when you're done you can just delete the card, or archive it, so you can see what you managed to sort out in the past.

I also started using it for putting in stuff I want to remember like; when someone mentions something good to watch or listen to etc.

It's nice because it runs on every platform, browser and phone app, and is easy to reorder stuff if you suddenly decide you want to put something into a different level or priority.

I know I sound like a bit of a walking advert for it but honestly it's great haha. I don't always keep it in perfect order but at least I know I can go there to see what I was last thinking when I was trying to plan and/or be productive.

• Love
Reactions: Stowaway
Chaestergram

Chaestergram

Free spirit
Nov 24, 2021
Personally : a bottle of whiskey ONLY if I had completed at least half of my productivity aka to do list, each week I give myself a number of stuff to do can be related to myself (self care, healing, workout), my work and goals (self employed) and learning something new or things I like to do (art, writing a song per week etc)

And then boom I allow myself to relax and have fun at the end of each week, which is the perfect deal I have found for myself and my addiction to alcohol.

Maaizr

Maaizr

LIGHTSTEALER
Aug 2, 2021
i work 2 jobs so the week is a complete blur lmaoo then the weekend hits and these days its smoke/drink/psychedelics and play video gamess or wherever else the trip takes me🔥🪐🔥 (clearly i am not endorsing this, just how i usually numb life out)