eiyuu

eiyuu

i am a hero
Jan 24, 2020
In a weird way, I feel like something changed when I woke up.

You know how animals seem to know that their going to die? Cats, for instance, will go into a spot they feel absolutely safe in and pass away. They'll curl up, and just wait.

In a way, I feel like that applies to me now. I woke up and the first thought I had in my mind was "alright, go on, skidaddle and do it already". And to be honest, I'm totally fine with it.

I'm not going to today, obviously, since it's my Dad's birthday, and I don't have the supplies (ordering soon). But I think I've come to the terms with my choice and that it's what I truly want.

How do you know if/when it's your time to go?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadghost, Deleted member 17331 and Isittimetogonola
Isittimetogonola

Isittimetogonola

Kindness is a weakness to be taken advantage by al
Oct 22, 2019
I understand that completely. For me, everyday I am finding something or someone I can do without. The peace and freedom is overwhelming. I just seem to know that it is soon. I cant explain into words.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, sadghost, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
H

Heavy

Student
Jun 20, 2020
The cat doesn't do that because it's suicidal. It does that because it feels it's body is literally dying.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Isittimetogonola and Fragile
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Same here really. Just a feeling of acceptance of dying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
My dog before dying went to the exact same place where he was born and laid down there..

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Deleted member 17331 and Isittimetogonola
eiyuu

eiyuu

i am a hero
Jan 24, 2020
The cat doesn't do that because it's suicidal. It does that because it feels it's body is literally dying.
I never said the cat was suicidal? I said it knows when it's time for it to die lmao

Reactions: jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj and glittergore
eiyuu

eiyuu

i am a hero
Jan 24, 2020
It's a weird comparison though. We're not at all like cats.
sksksksks bro I meant that sometimes humans know their past the point of no return. chill lmao

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, stillweary and glittergore
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It's a weird comparison though. We're not at all like cats.
It's not that important bro, it's just him using a metaphor to explain how he feels. We're animals with feelings which makes us close enough to cats for the sake of this comparison.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Deleted member 17331 and jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
For me it's like a light finally going out and feeling completely at peace. I know that it's different for everyone. But you will now when the time is right, on some visceral level you'll feel it. But until then, just be.
Jeez I sound like some old hippy lol

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, stillweary, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
glittergore

glittergore

the sea, the sea
Jun 16, 2020
I'll know when the things I want to live for no longer seem compelling enough to stick around for or when the things that make me want to die are so prominent that I cannot partake in the those fulfilling things.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I think you just know? Like you have it all set-up, you're there emotionally, and nothing is holding you back or keeping you here, and so you jump!

It's not that important bro, it's just him using a metaphor to explain how he feels. We're animals with feelings which makes us close enough to cats for the sake of this comparison.

Humans have Secondary emotions though.

But you will now when the time is right, on some visceral level you'll feel it.

This. ^

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I think you just know? Like you have it all set-up, you're there emotionally, and nothing is holding you back or keeping you here, and so you jump!

Humans have Secondary emotions though.

This. ^
I get that but those are more things that can be felt to various extents based on intelligence, and I really think the comparison to cats does not suffer from any of this, OP made a nice comparison.

Isittimetogonola

Isittimetogonola

Kindness is a weakness to be taken advantage by al
Oct 22, 2019
For me it's like a light finally going out and feeling completely at peace. I know that it's different for everyone. But you will now when the time is right, on some visceral level you'll feel it. But until then, just be.
Jeez I sound like some old hippy lol
That is totally me as well. And I am sure you were born way way after woodstock..lol

• Love
Reactions: Lethe and Fullof pain
S

stillweary

May 15, 2020
I just feel a deep sense of "knowing" and contentment about it. I awoke with a deep sense of peace this morning knowing that it's almost done. It's time.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics