• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

ddimd

Apr 14, 2019
For people who aren't ctb-ing yet, how do you get through the long hours of the day?

Every day feels so long and tedious, and I don't know what to do. Especially on days when there's not much work to be distracting myself with. After work, at least I can watch some mind numbing shows to pass time quickly, but during the day, time passes so slowly.

Reactions: slickOne, Final Escape, Halo13 and 1 other person
Donewitheverything

Donewitheverything

Ultimate Despair
Apr 8, 2019
Constant escapism and distractions. During the semester, I study a lot and exercise. Outside of the semester, I play a lot of video games; watch movies; talk to peers; drink the concessional booze; and go on vacations. I just try not to think about what ails me as it's the only thing I can do.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Final Escape, Honigwaffel and 2 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I sleep until 9am, check emails, news, FB, chat on phone, minimally keep up with work, eat dinner, lie down, watch tv, visit SS, sleep.

I find dealing with chronic pain much harder than depression. The latter may lend me to tedium, but the former prevents me from doing most of what I would actually like to do. Anxiety I suppose is also an impediment for me.

If you're looking for a distraction at work, personal media device or enhance your daydreaming powers.

Reactions: Final Escape, Jc40 and ddimd
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
For people who aren't ctb-ing yet, how do you get through the long hours of the day?

Every day feels so long and tedious, and I don't know what to do. Especially on days when there's not much work to be distracting myself with. After work, at least I can watch some mind numbing shows to pass time quickly, but during the day, time passes so slowly.
Like you, I find the days to be long and tedious. I try to find ways to distract myself, but it's getting harder to, since I've lost interest in pretty much everything. I try to sleep as long as possible. I listen to music, watch television (even though I don't like that much TV), watch movies, search the internet (for anything that will keep my interest, which is hard since I have no attention span anymore), and spend time with my dog. I also spend some time prepping meals, since I make everything from scratch. I've been eating a healthy, organic, plant-based diet (it kills some time). I used to read but I don't have the concentration or focus anymore to read more than a few paragraphs. Maladaptive daydreaming helps too, since I can escape from my surroundings.

Reactions: Circles, AutumnEmbers, Final Escape and 5 others
AloneInTheSky

AloneInTheSky

May 13, 2019
Life can get really really dull when nothing makes you happy anymore. I listen to a LOT of music, watch lots of youtube and netflix, I've seen every single movie I've wanted to see in theaters the day they came out, I try to go to work/therapy or at least get out of the house once a day. It's been really difficult these last few days but try changing things up. Try a different flavor of your favorite snack, or get a new video game to play.

Reactions: ddimd, Final Escape, Jc40 and 1 other person
Mart

Mart

eh
Apr 27, 2019
Barely. I barely get through my day a lot of the time. Music mostly. Sometimes it's not enough but sometimes it's just enough. If it's real bad I'll try and smoke or drink. Today I just stayed to myself and watched some videos, eventually anxiety started getting to bad and now I'm just listening to music.
Life can get really really dull when nothing makes you happy anymore. I listen to a LOT of music, watch lots of youtube and netflix, I've seen every single movie I've wanted to see in theaters the day they came out, I try to go to work/therapy or at least get out of the house once a day. It's been really difficult these last few days but try changing things up. Try a different flavor of your favorite snack, or get a new video game to play.
I used to do the movie thing, I just have a hard time getting out now days. Finally went and saw avengers at midnight the other night because nobody was there, fell asleep but I got there at least I guess. I used to go for runs, I'm not eating much though and I noticed that runs started hurting the less I ate but my appetite is going away. I'd like to go on runs again but it honestly just sucks being outside. I know that sounds pathetic but I hate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: thishappened, ddimd, Final Escape and 2 others
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Barely. I barely get through my day a lot of the time. Music mostly. Sometimes it's not enough but sometimes it's just enough. If it's real bad I'll try and smoke or drink. Today I just stayed to myself and watched some videos, eventually anxiety started getting to bad and now I'm just listening to music.

I used to do the movie thing, I just have a hard time getting out now days. Finally went and saw avengers at midnight the other night because nobody was there, fell asleep but I got there at least I guess. I used to go for runs, I'm not eating much though and I noticed that runs started hurting the less I ate but my appetite is going away. I'd like to go on runs again but it honestly just sucks being outside. I know that sounds pathetic but I hate it.
It doesn't sound pathetic. Being outside drains me. I'm always jittery and panicky when I have to go out. Glad you made it to the movie, that's a huge accomplishment by my standards. Movie theater naps are awesome.

Reactions: ddimd, Wolfjob_dayjob, AutumnEmbers and 3 others
JJ-NOHOPE

JJ-NOHOPE

Tantalus - all desire, no hope
Nov 26, 2018
Sleep as much as possible, but that is only possible with drugs.
Stay in bed all day.
Only eat every 2-3 days.
Don't, read, garden or do any of the hobbies I used to be interested in.
Cry most of the day.
Sometimes drink.
Sometimes cut.
My therapist asked me what I wanted to do.
I couldn't think of a single solitary thing (except ctb) which I am too smart to tell her.

This chasm of despair and torment has swallowed me whole and has no intention of spitting me out.

Once upon a time I was a person. That is not true anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: Allpainnogain, ddimd, Wolfjob_dayjob and 4 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Naps , obsessively tidying up , sorting my possessions out and binning them all including most of my clothes and doing jobs around the house i`ve had on my to do list as in 2 years my mortgage is finished and as it was an endowment mortgage i will have to pay £28k i dont have so there will be very little to sort out for relatives when i CTB....pic examples

Attachments

• 20180320_145704.jpg
    20180320_145704.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_19700102_161637.jpg
    IMG_19700102_161637.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: ddimd, AutumnEmbers and Halo13
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018

Sleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: ddimd, Halo13, throwaway777 and 1 other person
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Naps , obsessively tidying up , sorting my possessions out and binning them all including most of my clothes and doing jobs around the house i`ve had on my to do list as in 2 years my mortgage is finished and as it was an endowment mortgage i will have to pay £28k i dont have so there will be very little to sort out for relatives when i CTB....pic examples
That's quite an improvement! I plan to do something similar. Been slowly throwing out things also or giving things away. Would like to leave nothing at all.

Reactions: ddimd, Wolfjob_dayjob and marcusuk63
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
That is just my loft by the way lol

Attachments

• IMG_19700102_161618.jpg
    IMG_19700102_161618.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: ddimd
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I have no idea how I get through the day, it's a miracle that I'm here and I think of death near constantly

Reactions: ddimd, Worthless_nobody, AutumnEmbers and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It doesn't sound pathetic. Being outside drains me. I'm always jittery and panicky when I have to go out. Glad you made it to the movie, that's a huge accomplishment by my standards. Movie theater naps are awesome.
It's bc u been isolated too much maybe? Being around right people can help heal some of that agoraphobia and social awkwardness.
I have no idea how I get through the day, it's a miracle that I'm here and I think of death near constantly
I felt this way b4 comin off legal speed and attending NA meetings helped me realize I'm not alone. That many people are struggling in isolation and lack of connection.

IronTusk

IronTusk

Experienced
Apr 10, 2019
Everyday is a struggle :/

Reactions: Allpainnogain, ddimd, Wolfjob_dayjob and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

The gym, finding things to do, relationships however fleeting. The necessity of having to keep roof over head and food to eat, sex to have lol!

Reactions: ddimd
GreyMagic

GreyMagic

The more you care, the more you have to lose.
Feb 21, 2019
  • Liquid Diazepam
  • Liquid Quentiapine
  • Long sleeps - talking 15 hours easily
  • Pregabalin
  • This forum

Reactions: NoOneKnows, ddimd and Halo13
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
It's bc u been isolated too much maybe? Being around right people can help heal some of that agoraphobia and social awkwardness.

I felt this way b4 comin off legal speed and attending NA meetings helped me realize I'm not alone. That many people are struggling in isolation and lack of connection.
I do okay around people when I have to. I'm not completely agoraphobic, just have serious anxiety issues. I don't act as stupid as I'm worried I might. I'm in public right now, think I'm doing okay.

Reactions: Final Escape and ddimd
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
I'm so sleep-deprived, brain-fogged, and exhausted from constant anxiety that every little task takes me a million years to perform, so I always have plenty of things that need doing (which helps keeps me distracted). I also go for walks with my dog, and force myself to workout. Most days I check in on here (although I don't always have the energy to post) and talk to a friend. I've been trying to get back into drawing, but I don't have the motivation or energy. Other than that I mostly turn to escapism e.g. reading, music, movies etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddimd and Wolfjob_dayjob
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Im betting its literally pitch black. Id be sleeping there 24/7.
it is as i converted it several years ago and never got round to fitting a window or building a proper staircase on the landing , i just used it for storage of all my old tech i a]m (was) such a hoarder and hated throwing things away but have managed it even throwing the perfectly usable bedroom tv`s away !! , as i live on my own and already have 3 bedrooms there was no point making another lol

Attachments

• 20180320_145610.jpg
    20180320_145610.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: pole and ddimd
D

ddimd

Apr 14, 2019

Literally my only hobby. I would do this all day if I could, but sadly, I still have to pretend to be a normal functioning person so as not to get anyone suspicious of me having suicidal thoughts/plans.

Reactions: pole and marcusuk63
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
I just go through the motions. I do what's expected from me, pretend to be a normal person. I just keep myself busy with anything to avoid thinking.

Reactions: WOODESITY, ddimd and marcusuk63
A

Allpainnogain

Experienced
May 2, 2019
Like you, I find the days to be long and tedious. I try to find ways to distract myself, but it's getting harder to, since I've lost interest in pretty much everything. I try to sleep as long as possible. I listen to music, watch television (even though I don't like that much TV), watch movies, search the internet (for anything that will keep my interest, which is hard since I have no attention span anymore), and spend time with my dog. I also spend some time prepping meals, since I make everything from scratch. I've been eating a healthy, organic, plant-based diet (it kills some time). I used to read but I don't have the concentration or focus anymore to read more than a few paragraphs. Maladaptive daydreaming helps too, since I can escape from my surroundings.
Impressive that you cook!
Same here
Even with drugs I struggle to sleep. So horrid when waking hours are nothing but torture. Every single second

Last edited:
Reactions: AutumnEmbers
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Impressive that you cook!

Same here

Even with drugs I struggle to sleep. So horrid when waking hours are nothing but torture. Every single second
Thanks. It's nothing special. Everything is made of vegetables, so it isn't difficult. Most of the time I just make salads or soups. I don't eat that much because I don't have much of an appetite.