• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sirciroc

sirciroc

Feb 4, 2024
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I was on here. I came close to ending it this summer (would've been next month most likely) but I decided to reach out for help one last time before giving in the towel and I guess it worked? Not sure actually. Im on new meds so I don't feel like jumping off a cliff right now but it feels like they're wearing off already cause I once again have no energy to do anything.

I want to have hobbies. I want to write. I want to bake. I want to dance, draw, hike, exercise, skate. But I still don't have the energy to brush my teeth on the off days. My attention span is abysmal and it's hard to consume media that isn't the length of a Tik tok. And I feel like physical garbage. I feel like my physical health is going to kill me early at the rate I'm not taking care of myself. But I have chronic conditions that leave me so tired and I still don't love life. Im not happy. Im just not currently in the mood to die.

How do those of you in recovery do it? Especially if you're like me and your brain fog and body betrays you? I feel like most advice out there is for neurotypical and or non disabled individuals. It just makes me feel lazy. But I don't want to be this way. If I stay like this I might as well go with the damn plan. Im still here cause I want to know what enjoying life and having hobbies feels like

• Hugs
Reactions: daley, whywere, yellowjester and 5 others
popcornheart

popcornheart

𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎
Dec 22, 2021
I feel like most advice out there is for neurotypical and or non disabled individuals. It just makes me feel lazy.

So very true, I feel this to my core.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm truly in recovery but I can't deny there's a tiny spark within me that longs for things to get better...so, I'll add my two cents.

Mostly for me, I start to feel panicked and almost nauseous when I stay in bed too long. This inspires me to get up and mosey around. Right now, I'm not at home, so I really only have the couch and the outside patio available to me... therefore, I'm spending a ton of time "in bed" (read: on the couch).

When I think back to last year, somewhat coming into a sense of recovery (albeit things were a less abysmal for me then) I remember trying to be patient with myself. Understanding that my fatigue causes me a lot more resistance than those that don't experience it themselves; trying to congratulate myself for doing anything that wasn't whilst being horizontal.

Maybe I don't really have much advice to share... I do relate to having a short attention span, though. For the last month, since returning home from an inpatient stay, I've basically rotted in front of the TV. Then again, as I mentioned earlier, there hasn't been much opportunity for me to do anything else.

I think it's really admirable that you have so many interests. Chronic conditions can make it so invariably difficult to do anything, but maybe doing some activities even while still in bed could bring you some joy. Obviously you can't bake from bed, but you could perhaps jot down some recipes? Spend some time watching dance videos and then do your best to get up, even if just for a few minutes, and move your body?

It's a lot more complex and nuanced when attempting recovery while chronically ill. I hope you can begin to understand that you have an inherent worth independent of any level of productivity you output. As with anything when you're trying to recover, start small and set goals for yourself.

I hope I'm not talking out of my ass here. I really hope you're able to do the things you want to do.

Trismegistus_13

Trismegistus_13

Refuses to give up hope
Jun 17, 2024
Hi there, I'm really glad you're giving your life another chance! I really relate this issue.

You can put yourself in the position to do the things you want to do without forcing yourself to do them. For example, if you want to run, instead of telling yourself you are going for a run and feeling bad when you can't, put on some running shoes and shorts and just take a walk. If you feel like running during it, then run, but don't put any pressure on yourself to do so.

Or, watch tiktok videos near a journal and pen since you want to write. If inspiration comes to you, wonderful, but if not, you still enjoy the videos. Do you see what I'm getting at? Find ways to make it easier to do the things you want to do without fully committing. That works for me at least 🙂

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whywere and popcornheart
wurr

wurr

If you want, you can talk to me about anything
Jul 17, 2023
I can get up from bed early only if I have to physically get up. Usually I have my alarm set somewhere between 8-10am (when no work or studies), but my phone is charging as far away from my bad as possible. I also take a piss and then drink a whole cup of water right before going to bed the night before. That way when I wake up and have to get from bed to silence the alarm, I also start feeling the need to go to pee. After this hustle I am awake enough to go to the kitchen and have breakfast. I still feel fatigued during most of the day, but I feel fatigued every day no matter when I wake up or go to bed, but waking up earlier makes a day just a little better. Sorry if the description of the method sounds a little iffy

Pathetic and Sad

Pathetic and Sad

Just going through life's motions
May 21, 2024
Joining a paid institution can help imo. I just joined the gym like 2 weeks ago, and now I know I have to wake at 6:30 to get there if I want to try equipment with the instructors or it would just be a waste of my parents money. Although the rest of my days are just as bad, at least in the morning I am trying to be at my best! I'm also trying to make a friend at the gym but most guys are in their late twenties or thirties and it's really hard to even speak out loud with my social anxiety making even the instructors sometimes baffled by what I'm saying. But yeah, it can be hard, it took me like 4 years to finally convince myself to give the gym a chance, but it's working well for me at least for my mornings. But Saturdays are still bad, gym is closed in the Saturday and I wake up at like 9 just because I'm hungry and need to have some lunch... I hope it helps. And I'm proud of you for giving life another chance (:

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
which meds did you try specifically?
If you mainly have issues with energy, cns stimulants may help.

daley

daley

May 11, 2024
Just wanted to contribute some personal experience.
I frequently had troubles getting out of bed. I would sometimes stay in bed all day.

For the past year I have been taking Vitamin D supplements. The normal recommended dose is 400 IU, but recent research suggests that useful doses should really be much higher. I take 5000 IU daily ( I think that's 125 mg), and I notice a significant difference. I just cannot stay in bed all day. I feel awake and I have to get up. My sister is a health nut and she persuaded me to start doing this, and I feel (although I cannot be sure) that it is really helping me.

So, that's what I got.
I wish you well @sirciroc .