N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Or on the water in general. For example on a boat or on a cruiser. I feel very horrible. Being on water influences my mental health very badly. I once was extremely suicidal and on the water is was a pure nightmare. I could only think about drowning myself 24/7. I felt extremely alienated on water. I felt really lonely also on an existential level. I am not sure why it feels that horrible. I have heard for some it can be therapeutic for me it is the opposite.

I always really disliked being on a ship. It is so fucking boring, Now as an adult I also know about how we ruin the environment with cruisers and other ships.

I really like DFW as many of you know. I loved "A suppossedly fun thing I'll never do again". He was such a genius. Maybe it is the most funny story of him. He is really unique how he can describe the "funny things" on such a luxury cruiser. It is brilliant. For me being on such a cruiser would be also torturous and tormenting.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, waitingforrest, Fragile and 1 other person
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
That's really interesting. Being around water always gave me a sense of peace even though I can't swim. I love the smells and the waves and the way it makes me feel small and insignificant which lines up with the truth.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Dead Ghost, Hercules, waitingforrest and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have not been anywhere near the sea for a long time, but when I was younger, I remember going on a boat and it was such an awful experience, I felt very claustrophobic. I think that one of the worst things about being on a boat is that I felt trapped and that I had to stay on there for a certain amount of time. I do not understand how people enjoy being on boats.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and waitingforrest
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I stay away from boats and ships

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
I love being out on the water. It is so quiet and peaceful. I always found it to be very calming, and you can't beat the view.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and Foresight
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I'd like it if I knew how to swim.:ehh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and Foresight
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I would like to be surrounded by water because that would likely mean I'm going to drown and I would genuinely love for that to happen. But in general, water is somewhat relaxing for me, which is why I feel okay about dying in it.

• Hugs
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
The contact with the water in the sea, if I touched the ground, I really liked it. And to stand by the sea when the sun was very low and to feel the waves and to see the reflection of the sun in the water was a jewel for the senses ...

However, I don't like swimming at all, not even in the pool. And going on boats or other floating devices is a pure nightmare (dizziness, nausea).
I have never understood how I can perceive so different and opposite the feeling of contact with water versus moving over it in a boat or similar.
//
El contacte amb l'aigua al mar, si tocava de peus a terra, m'agradava molt. I posar-me a la vora del mar quan el sol era ben baix i sentir l'onatge i veure el reflex del sol a l'aigua era una joia pels sentits...

Ara bé, nedar no m'agrada pas gens, ni a la piscina. I anar en els vaixells o d'altres aparells flotants són un pur malsón (marejos, nàusees).
Mai he entés com puc percebre tant diferent i oposada la sensació del contacte amb l'aigua contra la de desplaçar-me per sobre d'aquesta en un trasto qualsevol.

Reactions: rationaltake and Zzzzz
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I'm fine on small boats and spent a lot of time at my grandparent's cabin at the lake when I was young. However, I discovered that I am prone to seasickness on cruise ships -- that thing where your inner ear tells you that you are moving, but everything looks and feels like you are not moving. The few times I've done a cruise, I've had to take ginger pills and once, on choppy water, also wore one of those magnetic seasick bracelets.

Overall, I enjoy being near the water, but I'm not big on swimming. I detest water on my face and I have almost puked every time sea water has gotten in my mouth. However, laying on a beach, listening to the waves, is very soothing to me.

• Hugs