• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
Lets debate 😈
Dont argue and dont be hurtful, state your opinion and be respectful!
I wont even state my full opinion, other than that I have Blaire White's kind of opinion on all the situation, but overall have nothing bad to say about them, other than their views on some situations.
Questions for yall:
What is a woman/man?
Do you think transgender woman is same as biological woman, why and why not?
How do you feel on liberal views on transgender people, and what do you agree and disagree with liberals on this topic?

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, Arachno, ColorlessTrees and 1 other person
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I don't mind them at all. I try to use everyone's preferred pronouns. I'm not a very political person, especially socially other than I don't care what you do or who you are, I will show you the respect I hope to get in return. As long as someone isn't hurting or violating someone else's rights, it's none of my business to judge. Humans are human at the end of the day.

Reactions: Hollowman, myusername890, thebelljarrr and 4 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Death is white, not darkness.
Apr 17, 2023
I don't understand why they seemed to have emerged from the ether. It wasn't even a topic 20 yrs ago. Gay rights were a topic but never did I hear "trans" without it referring to "transvestites."

Why did the pronoun thing also emerge out of nowhere? This too was not a topic ever spoken about.

Reactions: Forveleth, ColorlessTrees, ForgottenAgain and 1 other person
AvwJ

AvwJ

Apr 16, 2024
i can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to feel like you were born as the wrong gender and stuck with parts you don't think you should have. i have struggled a lot with body dysmorphia for so much of my life as a woman and just struggling with my weight, and i feel like i'm stuck chasing an image i can't possibly attain. it must be so much tougher for someone who is trans to chase even.

i agree with a lot of blaire white's opinions as well, and don't think negatively of trans people at all. there are problems with predators pretending to be trans and going into women's bathrooms and stuff to do inappropriate things, but that shouldn't reflect onto trans people in general. i have a couple of old friends that ended up transitioning later in life and they are some of the sweetest people i've known and i feel terrible that they suppressed how they feel about themselves for so long.

Reactions: Bed, anxiousalpaca and TheDissapointment
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I don't know how to have an opinion about diverse groups of people. It's like asking someone to have an opinion about Asian people.

I do have views about the debates though. The issue seems to provoke a twisted game of mutual provocation in US politics. The topic is pushed by some on the left as if it were on par with issues of global security or ecological sustainability. In response, it's become a favourite talking point on the right because it triggers the cycle of outrage, paranoia and victimhood, with orange Jesus the only hope for salvation.

Nothing about this is good or constructive for the population, though it does a great job of distracting people from facing the really serious issues that affect all of us. I don't envy transgender people having their existence questioned, or being used as fodder by hostile political factions. It's a sick society.

• Informative
Reactions: Heartaches, LunarLight, lovedread and 9 others
vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
I think they have enough problems without me interfering, and every struggling person has my full and unending support. I wear a big trans heart pin on my jeans because they deserve nothing but love.

I don't think biology follows strict, man-made rules, so I don't see the need to answer your questions in that context. Semantics don't offer anything useful here. Trans people are who they are, just like everyone else, and that should be enough. Anything else is an artificial and arbitrary distraction. And I respect their own individual views on that matter, I see no other option honestly.

I don't identify as liberal (I assume this is a US-centric question?), and I don't feel confident discussing liberal views. For me, it comes from a place of individual rights and mutual respect and it's a very simple matter in my eyes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: crystal_meth97, soulkitty, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
My views are similar to Blair White's as well. I never had an issue with gay, lesbian, bi or trans people.

With the current polarized woke culture however, I've caught myself feeling absolutely tired of hearing about it. Everyone is trans nowadays and I'm absolutely positive some of those people are doing it as a fad, damaging the reputation of the people that suffer with body dysmorphia and are trans for that reason.

As for the pronouns thing, if a person looks like a woman I'll use the female pronoun instinctively, same thing if they look like a man. Other applications of preferred pronouns are ridiculous to me - like people calling themselves "they" because they are "non binary" - neopronouns are at another level of nonsensical.

As for the questions:
"What is a man/woman?" - Adult male human, adult female human.

"Do you think transgender woman is the same as biological woman?" - No, because a trans woman isn't an adult female human. It's an adult male human that is trying to look like a woman. Nothing wrong with that, just obviously not the same.

"How do you feel about Liberal views on this topic?" - Summed up above I think. Liberals are too radicalised to the point where all reasoning is out the door. Feelings don't trump facts.

Reactions: HereTomorrow, newave3, Forveleth and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Am nt trns bt slf spnt ovr dcade wth cnditn tht mny ppl in th/ wrld - includng medcl profssnls - d/ nt belive in -- ME/CFS

Othr ppl wth 0 xpernce of th/ cnditn wh/ wre nt suffrng in th/ wy tht slf & othr ppl wth cnditn wre wld deb8 on whthr slf & othr ppl xpernces xisted

On dcidng tht thse xpernces wre eithr frm b-ing 'lazy or crzy' mre decsns frm othrs wth 0 xpernce wld b mde abt wht treatmnts sfferers wld b allowd 2 accss & wld nt

Mny sfferers wld b abusd in publc fr usng wheelchrs & dsabld parkng spces

Tht specfc cmmunty hs ctb r8tes of 7x highr thn avrge populatn

Am gr8tfl tht slf hve nevr Cn a thred on SS askng 'wht r ur thghts abt ppl wth ME/CFS' bcse tbh thy wld v quckly b tld t/ stck thse thghts up thr bck-sdes whre thy b-long

Slf cn undrstnd 'wht r ur thghts arnd th/ deb8tes abt th/ topc' & recgnse tht cis womn sfety = dscussn takng plce whn cre8tng legslatns etc bt imo ppl d/ nt hve a rght t/ dscuss whthr or nt thy thnk tht a signfcnt & legitm8 portion of th/ frum membrs xist - s/ pls kp tht in mnd

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: soulsing, Heartaches, ApparentlyNot and 8 others
rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
Am nt trns bt slf spnt ovr dcade wth cnditn tht mny ppl in th/ wrld - includng medcl profssnls - d/ nt belive in -- ME/CFS

Othr ppl wth 0 xpernce of th/ cnditn wh/ wre nt suffrng in th/ wy tht slf & othr ppl wth cnditn wre wld deb8 on whthr slf & othr ppl xpernces xisted

On dcidng tht thse xpernces wre eithr frm b-ing 'lazy or crzy' mre decsns frm othrs wth 0 xpernce wld b mde abt wht treatmnts sfferers wld b allowd 2 accss & wld nt

Mny sfferers wld b abusd in publc fr usng wheelchrs & dsabld parkng spces

Tht specfc cmmunty hs ctb r8tes of 7x highr thn avrge populatn

Am gr8tfl tht slf hve nevr Cn a thred on SS askng 'wht r ur thghts abt ppl wth ME/CFS' bcse tbh thy wld v quckly b tld t/ stck thse thghts up thr bck-sdes whre thy b-long

Slf cn undrstnd 'wht r ur thghts arnd th/ deb8tes abt th/ topc' & recgnse tht cis womn sfety = dscussn takng plce whn cre8tng legslatns etc bt imo ppl d/ nt hve a rght t/ dscuss whthr or nt thy thnk tht a signfcnt & legitm8 portion of th/ frum membrs xist - s/ pls kp tht in mnd
Translation:

I'm not trans but I've spent over a decade with a condition that many people in the world, including medical professionals do not believe in - ME/CFS

Other people with 0 experience of the condition, who were not suffering in the way that I and other people with the condition were would debate on whether I and other people experience existed.

On deciding that these experiences were from either from being "lazy" or "crazy" more decisions from others with 0 experience would be made about what treatments suffers would be allowed to access and would not.

Many suffers would be abused in public for using wheelchair and disabled parking spaces.

That specific community has ctb rates of 7 times higher than the average population

I'm grateful that I have never seen a thread on SS asking "what are your thoughts about people with ME/CFS" because tbh they would very quickly be told to stick these thoughts up the back-sides were they belong.

I can understand "what are your thoughts around the debates about the topic" and recognize that cis women safety is discussion taking place when creating legislations etc but in my opinion people do not have a right to discuss weather or not they think a significant and legitimate proportion of the forum members exist. So please keep that in mind.

Reactions: Heartaches, ApparentlyNot, Goku Black and 7 others
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
I don't feel anything about transgender people unless I engage with them as individuals, in which case I engage with them as with anyone else; as I find them and as they find me.

Most people are either female and have breasts, ovaries and other female glands and hormones, a womb, a vagina and a clitoris; or else they are male and have penises and testicles and other male glands and hormones. Culturally and hormonally, females and males often react to each other differently to how they react to their own gender, often without thinking about or recognizing it.

But some females have male chromosomes and/or some or all male sexual characteristics. Some males have female chromosomes and/or female sexual characteristics. Some people have both female and male sexual characteristics. Some have neither. Some are hermaphrodites. Some are eunuchs. Some are born the way that they are, others become the way that they are. Some don't realize the way that they are themselves. But whatever form they take or identify as, people who don't conform to the majority binary genders are a lot more common than is commonly thought. Such variety is an entirely normal part of the spectrum of human diversity, but can cause utter bewilderment - usually of a perfectly harmless nature - to people who haven't encountered it before, which can be a source of some equally harmless amusement to those who are familiar with it.

Last edited:
GhostShell

GhostShell

Dec 5, 2023
Replace the word "transgender" with "jewish" in the title and you (hopefully) quickly realize the problem of judging a group of people by their innate unmodifiable characteristics instead of something like behaviors.

• Love
Reactions: soulsing, fleshgarden, ApparentlyNot and 11 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Yeah I don't know why this thread exists. There are tousands if not millions of trans people on the planet, how do you have an opinion about _all of them_ without being a bigot? Plus your thread kinda sounds like you want to discuss the nature (and validity) of being trans itself and that's not cool.

Reactions: soulsing, Heartaches, ApparentlyNot and 10 others
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
My honest, humble, respectful opinion is that I don't see why the existence, freedom and autonomy of an entire group of people ought to be the subject of "friendly, polite debate". People are entitled to their opinions, and will always have said opinions, but I am not obligated to respect them. I do not see why threads like yours are entitled to fairness and kindness, while at the same time you condemn others for what they cannot change. I hope you realize this isn't a topic of debate which sparks outrage with zero basis whatsoever.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: soulsing, Heartaches, Goku Black and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Am I supposed to feel a particular way about them? They are just people at the end of the day, so I view them no differently from how I view a cis person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heartaches, eatantz, psp3000 and 2 others
R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
Each to their own. One rule in life, live the life the way you want to live it, so long as you're not harming others.

Our society is so judgemental, causing people to be afraid of being different. End of the day you live and you die and when you are gone eventually nobody will remember you anyway, so during the time alive just do what ever the hell you want to do that makes you happy.

I couldn't give a shit if someone is straight, bisexual, transgender, whatever! So long as that person is happy they are free to do whatever they want.

Ironborn

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
I'm fine with people being trans, my problem has always been with the larger "movement".
I never liked how aggressively it seems to get pushed in society.
Live and let live but it's a two way street, don't force your opinions on others because eventually they will push back.

Reactions: newave3
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'm fine with people being trans, my problem has always been with the larger "movement".
I never liked how aggressively it seems to get pushed in society.
Live and let live but it's a two way street, don't force your opinions on others because eventually they will push back.

So fighting for recognition and equal rights is forcing your opinion on others? News flash: that's how politics work. You express your needs. And make sure they make it into legislation. You think asking nicely for rights ever got you somewhere on this planet?

Reactions: Heartaches, Saturn_, Goku Black and 6 others
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Hm... 👀

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ApparentlyNot and Skathon
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
As long as no one is hurting anyone else, and by "hurting" I DON'T mean emotionally or spiritually, I think anyone should be able to live out their life the way that will bring them happiness and peace. Why should anyone be able to tell someone how they should feel, who they are, what some "god" tells them they should do, how they *should* live their life?????? No. Who am I to judge. I say, if you can, live and be well. If you can't, you have the right to get out. As far as transgender people, the same philosophy applies - live your truth, try to find your happiness if you can. They aren't hurting one single person by being true to themselves.

FERAL_FRENZY

FERAL_FRENZY

Legionnaire <3
Apr 18, 2024
I think they're pretty neat ^^ There's nothing wrong with trying to figure out your identity and discover what gender means to you. I may not entirely understand or relate to their struggles but I see them as people nonetheless. 😊

bearbrikk

bearbrikk

Listen to the voice in your head
May 2, 2024
They are people/humans at the end of the day. Bleed red, while we rot their remains are bones like ours. If they are not hurting anyone why the hell is it your business who/what they present themselves as.

Reactions: Saturn_ and eatantz
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
To me it is as self-evident as the sun rising every morning that if you identify as a woman, then you are a woman, no matter what gender you were assigned at birth. Ditto if you identify as a man, or neither nor.

So to answer the question in the original post, I don't feel anything special about transgender people. They are people like everyone else.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: soulsing, Heartaches, Saturn_ and 2 others
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
I don't treat them any differently from cis gendered people, and I try my best to make sure I use the right pronouns. If they're respectful to me then I'll be respectful to them, regardless of what gender they identify as, their sexual orientation, etc.

Reactions: jolow1
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Don't really care. I think sex and gender are different but regardless of what someone is born as I'll refer to them how they want bc their genitals and chromosomes aren't significant to me.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
If someone wants to chop thier dong off and wear a dress, that's their business, not mine, and if it makes them happy, go for it.
As long as they are an adult, I have 0 issues with trans people.
Wouldn't let a 15 year old get a face tattoo, because they aren't mature enough to understand the repercussions that will have down the road, and I feel the same way about kids taking things like hormones and puberty blockers.
Do you think transgender woman is same as biological woman, why and why not?
No, they aren't the same, but outside of things like competitive sports, I don't see why them being different is an issue.

bieatmania

bieatmania

早く殺してくれ。
Dec 22, 2023
I used to hate them due to the internet culture I was identifying as.
turns out I have lot to common with them, alienation from mental stuffs is just what I experienced, I would be one of them if I was born in anglosphere countries.
nowadays I became tolerance of them.

Reactions: Hvergelmir
wristcutangel

wristcutangel

What value is there to a life that wants to end?
Jul 5, 2023
they're people, same as me. i don't see why trans people are seen as so controversial, especially as of recent. it just feels like hatred for the sake of hatred, but i suppose that's not anything new with people.
i don't really see the need for a debate.

Reactions: _Broken_alice
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
If someone wants to chop thier dong off and wear a dress, that's their business, not mine, and if it makes them happy, go for it.
As long as they are an adult, I have 0 issues with trans people.
Wouldn't let a 15 year old get a face tattoo, because they aren't mature enough to understand the repercussions that will have down the road, and I feel the same way about kids taking things like hormones and puberty blockers.
Puberty blockers are safe and the effects are reversible. Also, to be prescribed puberty blockers and hormones you have to go through a bunch of psychological assessments first.

Reactions: Skathon, _Broken_alice and RainAndSadness
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Trans-women are women.
Trans-men are men.
And transphobes can eat a brick.

Replace "Trans" with any other group and see just how stupid this post is, just like every time this question is posted here or elsewhere.
And the ones going after kids or women in bathrooms very much tend to NOT be trans.
Trans people just want to exist in peace and go about our days without incident, and without being told we don't deserve to exist.

Quit believing sensation media. Blaire White can eat a brick too if she is the woman we think she is.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches, ijustwishtodie, soulkitty and 4 others
Status
Not open for further replies.