Noctis

Noctis

I wish I'd done it years ago
Dec 15, 2021
I've been to many therapists and psychiatrists. I'm on meds. I do meditation and breathing exercises. I journal my feelings. I do everything to get better, but I keep finding a rock-bottom I previously didn't know existed.

So, all you who have successfully recovered and gone months, or even years, without wanting to die... how do you do it? What am I missing?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MiMif, donealready, Sister of the Moon and 2 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
A downward spiral is often perceptive in that one sees no hope or feels disconnected or even pain. To climb out of such a spiral actions are needed to take a little control here and experiment a little there. Actions can build momentum and as a person takes control, his perceptions can change as he starts to see some success.

• Hugs
Reactions: Decided98, deadliftEnjoyer, Gossamer and 2 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Damn, thanks for posting this... I'm wondering how people do it also, not in great shape myself sadly.

Maybe it takes sheer grit? Willpower, determination? Idk ... Wish I knew.

Thoughts and prayers to you-

Reactions: WorthlessTrash
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
It takes determination, will and strength and even then it's far too easy to slip back into being triggered and the whole sorry mess starts again.

It is possible to recover fully enough to have a somewhat functional, even enjoyable time, even if it's just for a day at a time, or a few days.

Like you, I do everything that soothes - meditation, breathing, binaural beats, enjoying nature, spending time with loved ones. Then boom, a trigger sets it all back. I suppose it depends on how much you want to get better, how much you are willing to suffer when everything goes belly up, and if you want to keep on going through the cycles. Perhaps acceptance that we can't fully recover, just keep soothing, is the key?

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Shame, Avoidance, hopelessness, lonliness, cbt, pm
Nov 9, 2022
I have psychosis (bdd)and chronic depression, anxiety. Buy my cptsd emotional responses and being wired for fear is my biggest setbacks.
No body get this dilemma. O only jear injurious judgement. Degrading treatment. No empathy. No validation but the opposite persecution. Also being depznd on meds mainly benzos. Though i have no source for refills..well summary intention emotional flashback and confusion and dread, intense dread and shame, shameful thoughts about my sself and how i' m perceived so more feat. I can oly cry out the ersucitin prison I live in but I' m still alive. I walk. I talk, I see. I stand just for today, just for today, just for now, just for now. I hate anguish and hopelessness. No money too so O' m out of options but dread my present and be subjected to this collective harrassement.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sister of the Moon
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It took me many years of patience, and eventually inspiration to find joy in something again. That plus realising I just can't do CTB to my gf. Even when we don't get along well. I still get depressed and stressed and anxious though