N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I had to listen to so much bullshit.

My grandma called my childhood an happy time. And my dad (who seems to be strangely hyperactive) talked so much shit on politics. I won't criticize the policy but he is a pretty ignorant moron. Some of his statements were truely disgusting and I feel ashamed that he is a relative of mine.

Honestly he calls everyone utterly incompetent. He himself is one of the most ignorant jerks I know. He is anti-self aware. He mocks politicians for their failed education. He mocked a politician who he falsely accussed of having no education (he has a PhD). I pointed that out. No reaction. No matter how often I show his logical fallacies he is resistant to everything. He mocks politician of being stupid and while doing that he struggled to pronunce basic German words which children use on a daily basis.

My dad is a fucking good example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I once called my dad out. I destroyed him with logic, rhetoric and facts. I said to him things like you love to call politicians incompetent but for me you are the biggest loser there is. Someone who lets the abuse of his own children happen. Someone who ruins the lives of his own children. He cried afterwards. I think he remembered it for 4 weeks. This was so far the biggest impact I had on him. Usually he forgets things I say within 1-3 days.

When he started his rant I just nodded all the time and said yes or oh interesting. The things he said were disgusting. But I did not want to start an argument because we meet us so seldomly. I have kind of a guilty conscience for not having disagreed however my dad is anyway an hopeless case.

He thinks he can give me smart advices and calls me stuborn when I reject them.

One of the most shitty things during this holiday season was clearly my family. The best thing my friends and freetime.

So how have you dealt with divisive topics?

Last edited: