turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
september is know as suicide prevention n as the title may suggest what do u think abt it??

personally this suicide prevention month makes me want to ctb more bcuz some of these ppl making posts don't care abt actual ctb nor abt the ppl who wish to ctb they just do it rather 4 clout or just to earn some pity points

• Hugs
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, sadmailman, aticeret and 3 others
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
Didn't even knew this existed until yesterday. Pretty useless in my opinion. Only pretending to care to get some likes and followers. It's the same with pride month isn't it?

Reactions: voyager, aticeret, Hollowman and 2 others
P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
some of these ppl making posts don't care abt actual ctb nor abt the ppl who wish to ctb they just do it rather 4 clout or just to earn some pity points
This. This is the truth.
While some (but very few) people actually care and really want to help, others don't really care.

Reactions: Immensevoid
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's useless they should spend the money they waste for advertising this shit to rescue people who CTB bc of unsolvable money issues for example. That would really save lives! And ofc that money could be spent otherwise as well to really rescue suicidal people not just spreading toxic positivity.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, wait.what, not_telling and 5 others
ayaneechan

ayaneechan

Angelic Demon
May 7, 2023
It makes me a bit angry, ppl not want to understand the reason why someone wants to CTB, they want just to prevent doing it. If they really want to help they should probably try to understand, not making impossibile to do it.

If they want to prevent, they should prevent the causes. Not the act itself

• Love
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, retardedbrit, wait.what and 4 others
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
I got an automated text message from my mobile carrier telling me my life matters, and giving me a crisis hotline number if I need to reach out.

Then I saw an article on Twitter, from some psychiatric association, about the need to "do more" to prevent suicide. Their idea of doing more is more medication, more brief interventions, more hospitalisations. More of the same bollocks that hasn't worked. Because you don't prevent suicide by making it harder for people to kill themselves. You prevent suicide by giving people hope and helping them find reasons to stick around despite the crap.

• Love
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, voyager, aticeret and 7 others
rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
I got an automated text message from my mobile carrier telling me my life matters, and giving me a crisis hotline number if I need to reach out.

Then I saw an article on Twitter, from some psychiatric association, about the need to "do more" to prevent suicide. Their idea of doing more is more medication, more brief interventions, more hospitalisations. More of the same bollocks that hasn't worked. Because you don't prevent suicide by making it harder for people to kill themselves. You prevent suicide by giving people hope and helping them find reasons to stick around despite the crap.
Exactly this. It's never about suicide prevention, it's always about making suicide harder and intervening.
Many people who want to die now needed "prevention" years or decades ago when they experienced child abuse, poverty, when they started experiencing physical pain but their insurance didn't provide them with anything to help. Suicide prevention would mean making the world a less cruel place.
That said, there would probably always be people who want to end their life and if they are adults of a sound mind, they should be able to do so.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, Hollowman, Costrecce and 3 others
plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
I had a close friend who ctbed during suicide prevention month, she was an active member of the community, was successful in college and was improving relations with family. We would watch movies and study together and drink coffe. We even went to the same residental treatment program and did treatment together. She advocated for suicide prevention regularly and her FB pfp even had a suicide prevention sticker on it. That last part is difficult to look at knowing what her mission was.

I wanted to follow in her footsteps and continue advocating for suicide prevention but as I went on I started to see the finer details of this topic and am now not sure how I feel. I want to support suicide prevention in the cases where suicide isn't necessary, where people have the potential to live positive lives, but at the same time respect someone right to choose their fate. Its a fine line to walk but I would love to have been there for her had I only known what was going on inside. I don't "celebrate" suicide prevention month but, knowing her, I feel a certain compassion and affection for it. So I guess I could say I celebrate her celebrating the month.
It's hard and I frequently imagine ctb as me rising up and disappointing her...

I've even spoken to her parents and tried to help them cope but they don't understand this stuff. They see it the same way many others do, which can make us feel quite lonely. Maybe that's part of the reason she's gone.
I miss her dearly and still yearn to complete her mission, despite how badly I want to join her up there every day.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, rosenwasser, Costrecce and 1 other person
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
I think its good to bring awareness and destigmatise this subject, which in itself translates into the general public (and non mental health professionals) being more kind and understanding and not treating suicidal people like "youve brought this on by yourself and people are going to look at you differently now". i think that in long term it also means suicide will finally be treated like a symptom of late stage depression or whatever disease it is associated with and suicidal people will no longer be excluded from euthanasia slash assisted suicide. thats my goal.

plus there are people that are suicidal because of failed relationships or somethings that are situational and should not be offered assisted suicide, but they should be able to get help fast and without judgement (esp from non mental health professionals aka gps, paramedics, er doctors and nurses etc).
plusplus if people like me were offered assisted sui the system could really focus on people that can be helped instead of annoying me on a daily basis with the "life is worth living youll see when you get older it will change slash it will get better slash [insert whatever dumb reason people give you to not commit sui]".

sage_

sage_

Sep 11, 2023
september is know as suicide prevention n as the title may suggest what do u think abt it??

personally this suicide prevention month makes me want to ctb more bcuz some of these ppl making posts don't care abt actual ctb nor abt the ppl who wish to ctb they just do it rather 4 clout or just to earn some pity points
honestly i think the idea is nice, but no one actually really cares about the month (excluding people who have lost others to suicide) i lowkey wish they did something more with it, or at least did something helpful for the people who are suicidal.

i doubt anyone wants to put in the time or effort, which is really sad and the biggest reason that when you call suicide hotlines you have to wait so long.

Borderline

Borderline

Borderline Personality Disorder
Aug 8, 2023
SUICIDE PREVENTION IS BULLSHIT

Reactions: voyager, aticeret, Hollowman and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
That month only exists so the public can improve their image by advocating for suicide prevention and shit, they actually don't care at all. They just want to say "I saved someone from suicide" without knowing that they condemned someone to even more dreadful and unbearable suffering. Its all just a huge lie.

Reactions: Spiritual survivor, voyager, aticeret and 3 others
nolifezzz

nolifezzz

stuck somewhere between hell and earth
Mar 26, 2020
that its also my birthday month very ironically cause i get even more suicidal near birthdays

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Praestat_Mori and Costrecce
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just disgusting, it should never exist, it disgusts me how suicide is even seen as something to prevent, trying to prevent people finding freedom from this dreadful existence is just prolonging suffering, it creates more harm.

All humans should be able to free themselves from this existence in peace whenever they wish to, it's beyond inhumane how suicide is purposely made so difficult in this hellish pro-life suicide prevention society.

To me death will always be better and I see suicide as something relieving, it's just not something to prevent as death means peace, nobody can be harmed by not existing, only the eternity of death is desirable to me. Not respecting the right to cease existing on our own terms shows a complete lack of compassion.

Reactions: voyager, Praestat_Mori, アホペンギン and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Don't have disabled children. That would have been the most effective suicide prevention method in my case.

Reactions: noname123
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
The way I see it, it would be a good thing if it was done completely different. Right now, it's mostly for capitalistic motives, the "capital" being both money and influence, but it could make a difference if it meant, I don't know maybe some movement in which people who are suicidal can get their help without judgement, can give out their voice and people would listen, not trying to fix them or make them more stranded. I don't even know how that would feel like, talk about what goes through my mind without fear of what they might do.

• Love
Reactions: rosenwasser
iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

Most likely dissociating
May 5, 2023
I think it should be more of "suicide awearness" (don't know how to spell it) instead of "suicide prevention". Suicide is seen as something bad and selfish but many people in fact don't understand it at all. Some people can be helped and recover and some can't; that's the way it is and we can't change it.
Personally I think that we as a society need to be more educated about suicide and the reasoning behind it- not every suicidal person commits because they're in a cricis or impulsively, it's a conscious choice and many people have different reasons why they chose to enf it all.

Reactions: noname123
Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
Honestly it just seems like a month full of platitudes and ignorance. And that's if people even know it's suicide prevention month lol.

FairyOfShampoo

FairyOfShampoo

Oct 3, 2023
Honestly I'm just annoyed by it. I see the same posts getting reposted in different peoples story over and over again. Once I decided to read through some to look for the appeal or if it would actually help… it's all just the most superficial, copy and pasted shit I've read.