N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe the answer is many of them end up committing suicide. I analyze the past semester and it was very insane. I was paranoid, anxious. extremely fragile the whole fucking semester. Mostly because college triggers the shit out of me and I had lessons early in the morning. Hopefully the morning lessons were the main reason because this is at least something I can change. I have deep pathological shame. I embarrassed myself in front of my crush. I crashed because of that shame during the semester which resluted in extreme mental agony. The whole semester was surreal. It was nightmarish and I fear that my mental decline continues. I would say hypervigilance fits to me. I am neurotic as fuck, sometimes I have psychotic symptoms, I have big anxiety, depression, sometimes manic symptoms. In the end I took way too many addictive medication in order to prevent a relapse. But it was still insane. The semester ruined my very good GPA.

Now I have holidays. The withdrawal symptoms are over. And I feel so much better. At college I always feel in an hyper alert mode. College triggers the shit out of me. Though it is my only chance to get a regular job everything else backfired. I would also lose my social contacts (which sort of trigger me though). Me and past therapists think I would not survive welfare. So I am forced to continue that game. In an empathetic society people like me would receive enough support to live a good life.

To be honest my nervous system is so utterly fucked. It is scary. I fear the next semester so much. The pain I was in was huge. And it seems like my brain protests more and more extreme undergoing this severe mental torment at college. I would be willed to continue no matter how horrible I feel. But it drives me closer and closer to the edge. A breakdown or addiction becomes more and more likely. I really don't know what to do. My family expects me to find a job. I tried so many ways to find a job and I am just unable to work. But I would like to get my degree to somewhat keep on the illusion to escape poverty. I am not willed to live in poverty. I would rather commit suicide. So this will probably be my only option.

Fuck my life! I take so many medication and my mental health is still a total mess.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: toofargone6969 and Praestat_Mori
idontgiveadvicehere

idontgiveadvicehere

Nov 19, 2021
There are jobs that don't require a degree... not all of them would make you live in poverty (a skilled trade especially would be good)

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
What meds are you taking? Would you be willing to try basic lifestyle changes and supplements? Theres a lot of promising stuff you could research. Average Dr's are just trained pharma salesmen, they will destroy your health.

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
If college triggers you so much to that point, maybe the best thing would be to drop out. College was really hard for me too and now I'm not even using my degree. I know you said you need a job but you absolutely don't need a college degree to get a good job. What about something like a skilled trade, or teaching yoga, or something else different that you could still make a good living?

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
There are jobs that don't require a degree... not all of them would make you live in poverty (a skilled trade especially would be good)
If college triggers you so much to that point, maybe the best thing would be to drop out. College was really hard for me too and now I'm not even using my degree. I know you said you need a job but you absolutely don't need a college degree to get a good job. What about something like a skilled trade, or teaching yoga, or something else different that you could still make a good living?
I already tried jobs without a degree and they made me terribly depressed. (I looked into different of them.)
This is why I was fired twice. With the college degree I had the small chance to find a job that I somewhat like. With the hope I could deal with the stess better. So that I can actually function.
However I think my nervous system is so fucked that I cannot hold any job over a long period.
What meds are you taking? Would you be willing to try basic lifestyle changes and supplements? Theres a lot of promising stuff you could research. Average Dr's are just trained pharma salesmen, they will destroy your health.
I have tried over 20 different meds and supplements did not really help me. I have let doctors analyze my blood and they said everything is perfectly fine.

Last edited: