• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I don't understand how normies think that life is worth living. Once you become an adult, you become a slave to capitalism and society. You have to work for a living just to survive, and do that for 50-60 years. How are normies okay with this? Work is modern day slavery.

By the way, my mom said that I was in "limbo". I think she expects me to "do something" with my life soon…

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
We evolved to be resilient and survive. When you hear that you think about stuff like the instinct to eat and reproduce, but it also applies to mental situations. Most people will cognitively block themselves off from lines of thinking that lead to the conclusion "better to just be dead."

B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
I would imagine most "normal" or "well adjusted" people are basically operating on decent enough mental chemistry and feedback loops.

Sometimes when I emerge from long depressive episodes I get glimpses of said neuro state and go: "ah, I can understand why someone would stay for this."

Sounds like you might be somewhat young though: teens and 20's are notoriously difficult times for some.

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
They only find meaning in their life and think that it is valuable and worth living. I still don't understand how they do it

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
RedDoor

RedDoor

Tired... just Tired
Apr 13, 2023
I've been wondering about that for a while. For a long while actually. It's as if they're blind or haven't thought about about it yet. But then even while looking like above average depressed i doubt that anyone would suspect that im suicidal. I wish i was that ignorant. It would have been so much easier

B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
I've been wondering about that for a while. For a long while actually. It's as if they're blind or haven't thought about about it yet. But then even while looking like above average depressed i doubt that anyone would suspect that im suicidal. I wish i was that ignorant. It would have been so much easier
Personally I don't like the whole "they're ignorant and can't see the truth" approach to this.

We're reflections of our brain chemistry, our DNA, environment and upbringing. Some people are just better adjusted for living, whilst others aren't.

The real problem is that those of us who are totally and beyond-all-hope mal-adapted to living "normal" don't get the opportunity to exit their existence without trauma, unless they're part of the lucky few who can use Dignitas/Exit/MAID etc.

To those "normal" people, we're the ones who are clouded and cannot see "the truth"; their truth: that life if "beautiful" and worth living etc.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Personally I don't like the whole "they're ignorant and can't see the truth" approach to this.

We're reflections of our brain chemistry, our DNA, environment and upbringing. Some people are just better adjusted for living, whilst others aren't.

The real problem is that those of us who are totally and beyond-all-hope mal-adapted to living "normal" don't get the opportunity to exit their existence without trauma, unless they're part of the lucky few who can use Dignitas/Exit/MAID etc.

To those "normal" people, we're the ones who are clouded and cannot see "the truth"; their truth: that life if "beautiful" and worth living etc.
Life is suffering. That's one of the Four Noble Truths in Buddhism. There's nothing "beautiful" about suffering imo, but maybe "normal" people think differently

Last edited:
annxietty

annxietty

anxious
Mar 27, 2023
Huh, you know? Ive had thoughts that are very similar to this but not exactly this.
In recent times near my sister has been two people that committed suicide, her landlord and a family member of her husband... People always say the same "I dont understand why they would do something like this..." and I think to myself "really? and im here trying to understand why are we not following them lmao".
Her landlord had depression, but they still were surprised he killed himself because "he looked happy in the 10 mins he came to fix something in the house" you have to laugh... his wife is a very kind woman but very unfortunate, her brother also killed himself only a year prior to her husband death, she lives and she says "I will never understand people that wish to die"... This family member of my sister's husband apparently killed herself because she had debts she couldnt pay, still everyone couldnt understand her decision, they said she could have asked for money... like its that easy... this landlord man went to therapy, he seemed fine, his wife said he was the happiest he ever was since he became depressed, I couldnt tell her it was because he finally had planned his suicide and was relieved there was going to be an end, he apparently left a note that said that everything was his fault, that he deserved to die, things like that, he killed himself jumping from his balcony, wasnt even very high but fortunately he died instantly, he killed himself when his wife went to the supermarket she was out for only 10 mins, when she came back she saw many people gathered around her house and her husband's corpse... she still lives and she cant understand suicide... she doesnt know what she did wrong, even if she could rewind time she wouldnt be able to save her husband because she did everything she could, always by his side, got him help, spent money so he could find help, talked with him, listened to him, I mean she had lost a brother to suicide she knew things could end badly... still wasnt enough, in 10 mins everything gone...
If I had to come to a conclusion I think we are broken, we are the broken ones not them, people live, walk towards something... its not like they are blind, everyone views things differently, saying that there is only one truth is something I cant agree with...

N

nothingtolivefor

Mar 17, 2024
Because they have more worth hanging on for. Their lives are worth living. They don't understand what it's like to be truly alone and miserable with no hope of that ever changing no matter what they do.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
They hope for the best and find some aspects of life enjoyable. In recent years life got harder for plenty of people tho.

I do admire resilience but it should be more rewarding.

• Informative
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I don't understand how normies think that life is worth living. Once you become an adult, you become a slave to capitalism and society. You have to work for a living just to survive, and do that for 50-60 years. How are normies okay with this? Work is modern day slavery.

By the way, my mom said that I was in "limbo". I think she expects me to "do something" with my life soon…
IMG 8669
People have a "base" contentness line. Most normies are around the middle and have ups and down. Most people here (due to depression and other stuff) have a LOWER baseline. Plus when we have a good experience we may feel a little happier but neutral and bad events put us way to down. Personality type and things like autism also can skew things even worse.

DONT try explaining this stuff to normies, NPCs, neurotypical people, even your parents - they just don't get it. Even be careful around doctors. One wrong thing said and they can put you into another type of prison. It's really fucked up.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I don't see anything rewarding about life (adulthood) though. You have to be a slave to the system for the rest of your life. I don't see what "reward" someone could get out of that (working for a living)
As per my graph above. The little "reward" is like a milestone to them. Whereas to us - we know it's fake and platitudes and means fuck all. Our yellow line is so low that something big would have to happen to get the purple line just over it to be happy. It just doesn't stabilise.
Their reward centers in their brain work right or aka dopamine and serotonin receptors
Lmao. I said to my GP he'd have to kill me and do an autopsy on my brain to measure the serotonin levels. He looked and me and said "how did you know that" normies tend to be shocked if you know outlandish information about their profession. I only knew when I started heavily hyper focusing into depression.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
We always hear "oh but there are people in the third world who have it worse than you and they're still living!" but there are probably people in the third world who killed themselves too. We dont hear about them because they're dead.
I hate it when people say this. It's literally like the Oppression Olympics. Just because other people have it worse doesn't mean that your suffering doesn't matter or that it's not justified for you to feel sad or suicidal.

Last edited:
B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
Life is suffering. That's one of the Four Noble Truths in Buddhism. There's nothing "beautiful" about suffering imo, but maybe "normal" people think differently
"Normal" people basically feel enough pleasure to counteract the pain and decide that ultimately living is worth it.

I'm not saying I agree with them, but that that is their outlook/experience of reality.

• Informative
druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I think it can be summarized in one word: hope. As long as one has hope that things can improve, there is a reason to keep going. Most of us here probably have little to no hope at all. Given the state of the world, I guess it explains why suicide rates have risen. People are seeing reasons to be hopeless more and more.

• Informative
davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Normies suffer from optimism bias and pollyannaism. It's an evolutionary / psychological explanation to allow people to believe their lives are better than what it is, if optimism bias / polly Annaism wasn't a thing more people would see what life really is (pointless waste of resources and effort )and there would be more suicides. Suicide goes against evolutionary survival instincts , hence why most people suffer from optimism bias etc
There's that huge question in philosophy asking why is there something rather than nothing. But I think the question , "Is nothing better than something" a more important question to think about