I

ifiweretopickascene

Dec 8, 2021
How do I tell? I used to have multitudes of people in my life but lost them due to personal illness and an isolating relationship. I don't know. I know with the PTSD I'm different, and I don't even remember what I used to do right. How do I tell when I just need to leave? I don't want to keep pretending I don't think everyone else is pretending.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere, LastFlowers, Passersby and 1 other person
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
How do I tell? I used to have multitudes of people in my life but lost them due to personal illness and an isolating relationship. I don't know. I know with the PTSD I'm different, and I don't even remember what I used to do right. How do I tell when I just need to leave? I don't want to keep pretending I don't think everyone else is pretending.
I don't know your exact situation, but I know people who are suffering from mental health issues are usually bad judges at stuff like this. It may actually be that illness and relationship causing friction, and not that they are sick of you as a person.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, whywere, Smart No More and 1 other person
F

ForNow

Dec 6, 2019
I don't have an answer for you, but I'm in the same boat. Between chronic illness, severe social anxiety, and MDD (or possibly missed bipolar?) with C-PTSD, I'm not close to anyone in my life at this point. I've thought about trying to change this, but it requires two at the table, and even when i try, it comes out wrong and I end up making things worse. I'd rather let things be and keep my storms to myself now.

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, whywere and Passersby
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I don't have an answer for you, but I'm in the same boat. Between chronic illness, severe social anxiety, and MDD (or possibly missed bipolar?) with C-PTSD, I'm not close to anyone in my life at this point. I've thought about trying to change this, but it requires two at the table, and even when i try, it comes out wrong and I end up making things worse. I'd rather let things be and keep my storms to myself now.
I deal with some of the things you mentioned as well. It sucks when you have things that you know aren't going to go away. It definitely messes with the mind. If I have to do something I just have to force it if I can, or not do it and keep the isolation going which can actually be pleasant to a certain extent. Overall it's not pleasant but I think you know what I mean. I have discovered with my own situation anyway that there aren't any easy answers. I wish there were but there aren't. I hope you can find one though for yourself.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere and ForNow
F

ForNow

Dec 6, 2019
I deal with some of the things you mentioned as well. It sucks when you have things that you know aren't going to go away. It definitely messes with the mind. If I have to do something I just have to force it if I can, or not do it and keep the isolation going which can actually be pleasant to a certain extent. Overall it's not pleasant but I think you know what I mean. I have discovered with my own situation anyway that there aren't any easy answers. I wish there were but there aren't. I hope you can find one though for yourself.
Thank you. Yeah, I get you. šŸ‘

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Passersby
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
You have one of those questions/situations that I think most folks have, I sure know that I do. I have always been kind of "dumb" as far as when to not wear my "welcome: out around folks.

I have been very clueless in the past, but with being older, I have had some life experiences in how I deal with said such. I have in the past 1) when I was at a gathering, like at my companies Christmas parties, have asked a fellow employee, that I trusted, to tell me when I was starting to get on peoples nerves 2) I have worked so hard on this myself, as I love humans, but I do have a motor mouth, so I have worked very, very hard through the decades to check and recheck myself at the few gatherings that I have been at to look at folks body language , facial expressions and the like when I am talking either to them or a small group. If I think that I am starting to annoy folks, I usually excuse myself and get a soda, some food, etc. and rejoin after others have taking over the conversation.

Also, I think that if the folks that a person is around are good enough friends then they should be friends. It is always so easy to have "fair weather" friends, but true friends are just that and love the person for whom they are and not a said situation and/or a behavior that they might not usually encounter.

You are a loving and caring soul, one can tell this by your post, as you are concerned about others as well as yourself. You are truly a person with so much empathy and kindness that I am honored if I can call you a great friend.

Take good care of yourself, sending lots of hugs and love to an awesome spirit!

Walter

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees
I

ifiweretopickascene

Dec 8, 2021
You have one of those questions/situations that I think most folks have, I sure know that I do. I have always been kind of "dumb" as far as when to not wear my "welcome: out around folks.

I have been very clueless in the past, but with being older, I have had some life experiences in how I deal with said such. I have in the past 1) when I was at a gathering, like at my companies Christmas parties, have asked a fellow employee, that I trusted, to tell me when I was starting to get on peoples nerves 2) I have worked so hard on this myself, as I love humans, but I do have a motor mouth, so I have worked very, very hard through the decades to check and recheck myself at the few gatherings that I have been at to look at folks body language , facial expressions and the like when I am talking either to them or a small group. If I think that I am starting to annoy folks, I usually excuse myself and get a soda, some food, etc. and rejoin after others have taking over the conversation.

Also, I think that if the folks that a person is around are good enough friends then they should be friends. It is always so easy to have "fair weather" friends, but true friends are just that and love the person for whom they are and not a said situation and/or a behavior that they might not usually encounter.

You are a loving and caring soul, one can tell this by your post, as you are concerned about others as well as yourself. You are truly a person with so much empathy and kindness that I am honored if I can call you a great friend.

Take good care of yourself, sending lots of hugs and love to an awesome spirit!

Walter
Sorry I just think about this reply a lot it genuinely helps me feel better whenever I'm feeling awful about myself. I have the best friends in the world and I just want them to be happy and not drag them down. But this comment does just make me feel better and I look at it a lot when I don't feel good. I just wanted to say thank you this meant a lot to me.

• Love
Reactions: whywere