normalgirl

normalgirl

Jul 1, 2023
I'm ready to leave and I have a plan already, but I know how much pain my mom will be in and I feel an overwhelming amount of guilt and selfishness.
I have no idea how to make this guilt go away

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and jemetire
Baron

Baron

Is there a meaning to anything?
Jun 29, 2023
It's alright so be selfish. I believe everyone should have the right to live or die how the want. Maybe write a letter to her, explaining your situation, that might help with the guilt. In the end there's nothing you can do about it, a mother will always be sad when her child kills themself's. You have to be strong minded and overcome that feeling to finally end it.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, locked*n*loaded, Jolene79 and 1 other person
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
If you can't tolerate anymore and are determined then could you write a letter. I think parents will always blame themselves. If your mum is not abusive and not the reason then maybe explain that as lovingly as you can - that there was nothing she could have done to change your mind

Reactions: normalgirl
DreadDuck

DreadDuck

Jul 1, 2023
I'm ready to leave and I have a plan already, but I know how much pain my mom will be in and I feel an overwhelming amount of guilt and selfishness.
I have no idea how to make this guilt go away
Well if you feel guilty maybe theres still a reason to stay? Other than that you just have to forget about it and do it ig.

Reactions: Jolene79
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Suicide is inherently selfish and it needs to be. It's about the needs of oneself over the needs of others. I think for someone to get to the point of actually carrying out suicide, and not just contemplating it, one's own pain has to become so unbearable and overwhelming, that the pain that person's suicide might cause to others pales in comparison. I think you just reach a point where you just don't care what it *might* do to others and you become cognizant of the fact that they'll get over it, or, at least, move on with their own lives, in time, after you're gone. Remember, most people aren't suicidal, so the will to live and move on will eventually take over again for them.

Reactions: Hollowman and normalgirl
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
Talk to her about it, get it in the open, face it head on.

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Death will always bring sadness you can't avoid it, it sucks that your love ones will be in pain, but it can't be avoided

Reactions: bedtimebabe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The true selfish thing would be expecting someone to stay here and suffer against their wishes, we all have our right to die and it's a personal decision deciding when to leave. And the reality is that we all have to die someday, loss is inevitable and death is the most normal thing, so it's up to the individual deciding when that is, I bet that eventually most of us won't even exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Nista

Nista

I like the moon
Mar 31, 2023
Talk to her about it, get it in the open, face it head on.
That might be hard, cause then her loved ones will try to stop her. Or at least, that's the most probable case. And how could you tell that straight to your mother's face? Nah, it's too harsh.

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
That might be hard, cause then her loved ones will try to stop her. Or at least, that's the most probable case. And how could you tell that straight to your mother's face? Nah, it's too harsh.
I did it. It helped massively. Eventually after a number of discussions I didn't feel bad about leaving my parents behind. They tried to help, it didn't help, but at least I gave them a chance. This sort of thing shouldn't be rushed. Why rush something so important? Be rational about suicide, don't let what people say about it implying bad mental health and lack of rational thinking be true

normalgirl

normalgirl

Jul 1, 2023
j
I did it. It helped massively. Eventually after a number of discussions I didn't feel bad about leaving my parents behind. They tried to help, it didn't help, but at least I gave them a chance. This sort of thing shouldn't be rushed. Why rush something so important? Be rational about suicide, don't let what people say about it implying bad mental health and lack of rational thinking be true
cant lol. my mom knows ab my suicidal past she would just send me to a mental hospital again

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
j

cant lol. my mom knows ab my suicidal past she would just send me to a mental hospital again
Don't tell her you're actively suicidal, just tell her that you hope to do it in the future. They won't section you unless you are clearly currently a risk to yourself. Talk to her about it in more hypothetical terms. If anyone asks you if you have immediate plans to kill yourself the answer is very simple. Say no. Its all they need to know to not section you.

dory

dory

dorothy<3
Jul 1, 2023
maybe write a letter telling her not to be sad and it isn't her fault but other than that there's nothing you can do, death is sad, and you can't always change the outcome