IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
Sorry if this is a common question but I was looking for the search feature that is mentioned in the intro thread. I cant find it but I was wanting to search for other peoples experience with their SO as that is what I am struggling with atm.

TY

Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
You have to post a certain amount of times and I think be here for a certain amount of time (not sure about that one) before certain features are available to you. Search is one.
I don't know the amount of times you have to post, though.
It can happen pretty quickly. Just interact with people.

• Wow
Reactions: closemyeyes, IfyouareamanWinston and Obliviate
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
yeah I did not get the search and PM feature until I interacted a bit and then it just automatically popped up. I was very confused at first but the search helps alot

Reactions: Barry and IfyouareamanWinston
IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
yeah I did not get the search and PM feature until I interacted a bit and then it just automatically popped up. I was very confused at first but the search helps alot
Ohhh ok thank you for explaining! I was so confused because in the intro post it doesn't mention that it's locked until you have some amount of post. I thought I was just not looking in the correct place.

Reactions: Barry and Obliviate
Andro • Ανδρομέδα

Andro • Ανδρομέδα

Nov 12, 2022
I was about to ask that

closemyeyes

closemyeyes

Mar 11, 2023
That doesn't make much sense from my pov.. but ok, their house their rules, I guess

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
That doesn't make much sense from my pov.. but ok, their house their rules, I guess
it's to stop bots, pro-lifers and underage people from immediately finding shit, from my understanding. it doesn't take much to get enough posts to unlock search and DM, but in the meantime someone can't immediately DM you the SN sources before you actually read the pinned posts.

so yeah, just to slow new members down a bit and get a chance to filter out any obvious clowns. (i.e the guy who's first post was an anti-sasu tirade...)

closemyeyes

closemyeyes

Mar 11, 2023
it's to stop bots, pro-lifers and underage people from immediately finding shit, from my understanding. it doesn't take much to get enough posts to unlock search and DM, but in the meantime someone can't immediately DM you the SN sources before you actually read the pinned posts.

so yeah, just to slow new members down a bit and get a chance to filter out any obvious clowns. (i.e the guy who's first post was an anti-sasu tirade...)
Yeah that makes sense. My first thought was that maybe it's arm-twisting to increase interaction and I don't think that's needed here, but I can see now why it's so. Thank you

Jaqen H'ghar

Jaqen H'ghar

Mar 31, 2023
I am in the same boat.
The grind for DM and the search function is real.

200w.gif

• Yay!
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston and Sluggish_Slump
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that to be able to access the search an account has to be 24 hours old as well as having a few posts.

• Love
Reactions: Jaqen H'ghar
thisSideUp

thisSideUp

Mar 6, 2020
Oh no. Search is available only after making a few posts? But I really don't have much to say before being able to search.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Oh no. Search is available only after making a few posts? But I really don't have much to say before being able to search.

We can always talk about how exciting it'll be once you're able to access it, just to fluff your post count.

What a beaut eh?

Reactions: thisSideUp
R

RW__Asher23

Global Mod
Dec 11, 2022
Do a lot of replies and when post opens up to you do that quite often also. New members will have to wait for some things to become available including Search. Oh also Chat. There is no certain number it will just happen.
Peace.

Reactions: thisSideUp
thisSideUp

thisSideUp

Mar 6, 2020
Something clicked in the system or someone turned the flag on for me. I am now capable of seeing someone else's profile, chatting, and searching. After all, it is going to be a lot more fun to be around here.

ScreenshotSS