Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I'm not very tech savvy so bare with me. I want to remove all my posts and private conversations that I have had online. Will deleting all accounts and resetting my computer to factory default work?

Reactions: Redt2go, Hopeless_soul, AndyCurious and 1 other person
elizabeth.luck

elizabeth.luck

Eliminate your map.
Mar 10, 2019
What conversations? Do you mean like this website or social media sites like Facebook or Twitter?

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
What conversations? Do you mean like this website or social media sites like Facebook or Twitter?

This website, emails, posts on reddit, and conversations on discord are what come to mind.

Reactions: AndyCurious
elizabeth.luck

elizabeth.luck

Eliminate your map.
Mar 10, 2019
This website, emails, posts on reddit, and conversations on discord are what come to mind.

You can clear your cache and then access this site from Incognito unless you reach your end and no one would be able to find it. Some other sites will be trickier. Feel free to PM me if you want some help.

Reactions: Meretlein
AndyCurious

AndyCurious

Warlock
Sep 13, 2018
Mods can help you with some of the things you want..

Reactions: color_me_gone, Redt2go, Hopeless_soul and 1 other person
L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
I'm not very tech savvy so bare with me. I want to remove all my posts and private conversations that I have had online. Will deleting all accounts and resetting my computer to factory default work?
Instead of resetting computer, you can fully encrypt your HDD/SSD with disk encryption tools (Truecrypt/Veracrypt) and keep password in your memory only. Before ctb you should turn off the computer (it is important to turn it off, sleep/hibernate mode is unacceptable) and all data will be inaccessible to others. However, if something goes wrong and you survive, you won't lose your data.

Reactions: ArtVandelay, OnlyMercy, About_to_Go and 1 other person
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Check out Computers & Internet here https://archive.is/R4jm7
But how do you plan on CTB without people knowing that you committed suicide?

Reactions: Meretlein
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Check out Computers & Internet here https://archive.is/R4jm7

But how do you plan on CTB without people knowing that you committed suicide?

I don't want to hide that I suicided. Family and police can dig into your online life after you commit suicide, I don't want my family reading private conversations. I don't want police to be looking through my stuff.

Reactions: Egddios, Scottishchef, N-IsMyHope and 3 others
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I don't want to hide that I suicided. Family and police can dig into your online life after you commit suicide, I don't want my family reading private conversations. I don't want police to be looking through my stuff.

Wow, I haven't even thought about that.
Tbh, even if the police digs it up my parents STILL won't understand.
BUt I think it is a good idea to get rid of it, there might've been some things that shouldn't have been said. No one needs to know all that..

Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018
I'm just going to delete all accounts and the email accounts associated with them, then destroy my phone.

Reactions: N-IsMyHope
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
I'm just going to delete all accounts and the email accounts associated with them, then destroy my phone.

given the failure/people who dont go through with it encrypting might be more appealing

Moms_Spaghetti

Moms_Spaghetti

Dec 25, 2018
given the failure/people who dont go through with it encrypting might be more appealing
It definitely seems more appealing but also complicated, how do you even do that on a phone? I'm not very computer or tech savvy though.

RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

Nov 20, 2018
It definitely seems more appealing but also complicated, how do you even do that on a phone? I'm not very computer or tech savvy though.

i have no idea

but id like to know

i just can repeat my side - this topic deserves its own megathread

i certainly dont want my parents or police to go through my browser history on phone or computer, looking at my whatsapp contacts and maybe even interact with them once im gone..

S

salvation

Yo
Mar 21, 2019
reformat hard drives then smash them into pieces + bury them somewhere they will not be found

RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

Nov 20, 2018
reformat hard drives then smash them into pieces + bury them somewhere they will not be found

and then you chicken out and have to buy everything new lol

• Yay!
Reactions: ArtVandelay, BaconCheeseburger and Meretlein
L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
what about smartphone?
It definitely seems more appealing but also complicated, how do you even do that on a phone?
To encrypt smartphone is easier than to encrypt computer because encryption is a built-in option on both Android and iOS (at least in new versions of these operation systems), you have just to turn it on and create your password, then wait until process of encryption completes.
Android devices are more vulnerable, because their encryption may be brute-forced (so it is better to use strong password, which can be tiresome in everyday use). Read about it here https://blog.ebv.com/the-tiny-difference-between-ios-android-security-is-hardware/

Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, ArtVandelay and Moms_Spaghetti
W

whereisfreedom

Student
Feb 3, 2019
Encrypt Computer is easy too.
My Windows Computer is encrypted with VeraCrypt and Linux is encrypted with dm-crypt + Veracrypt Container.
External Harddrives encrypted with Veracrypt.
Smartphone/external memory card is encrypted.

And very important: Everything opensource.
And if someone know my email and connect it with here: My email-service configured with built in encryption+pgp stuff. Their server is encrypted.

But centralized services like Discord are not safe.

Last edited:
IronTusk

IronTusk

Experienced
Apr 10, 2019
There are programs to wipe everything.