R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Serious question. I guess there's no real answer. But, yeah. tying a thing around my neck and then leaning forward until I pass out is certainly scary.

Reactions: windingdown, weedoge, Smilla and 3 others
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Serious question. I guess there's no real answer. But, yeah. tying a thing around my neck and then leaning forward until I pass out is certainly scary.

I guess you try and trick it, or set yourself up so by the time it kicks in, it's too late. You really have to be at peice with death for your survival instinct to not kick it.

Drugs would certainly help, but even then, your survival instinct will start to tickle your mind as you begin to take them.

Only mental preparation and true acceptance of no other options can affect the survival instinct.

I had to back myself into a corner to fully commit to a attempt

Reactions: TheB0Ar, pthnrdnojvsc, DEATH IS FREEDOM and 11 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah like Ben said you need to be at peace.. Also choosing a method which is less "immediate" or violent or physical seems to have put my mind at easy and made it easier to go through with my last (failed obviously) attempt.

Reactions: windingdown, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben and 1 other person
Deutschv2

Deutschv2

Student
Sep 23, 2018
with carbon monoxide if you have it in a car and force yourself into the car it's a lot easier than partial hanging, at least 4 me

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben and lv-gras
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Yeah, hanging is my only option right now, leider (wenn du wirklich Deutsch bist XD).

Reactions: windingdown, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Deutschv2

Deutschv2

Student
Sep 23, 2018
Yeah, hanging is my only option right now, leider (wenn du wirklich Deutsch bist XD).
i'm not, just an enthusiast of german culture lol. good luck with hanging and if you're having struggle try to do it without thinking that might help

Reactions: windingdown, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Ben
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Ah, I'm not either. American here. Yeah, thanks.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deutschv2
Alexmoshu

Alexmoshu

Alex
Sep 18, 2018

it simply means that you are not ready and you shouldn't force it. You'll know when you are really ready and you'll be at peace. That's the true rational way. No need to make hasty decisions.

Reactions: windingdown, Fucking loving it, lv-gras and 2 others
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
it simply means that you are not ready and you shouldn't force it. You'll know when you are really ready and you'll be at peace. That's the true rational way. No need to make hasty decisions.
Patience is always a good rule regarding making such a big decision in your life.

Reactions: windingdown, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Does it necessarily mean you aren't ready? Even a person who is totally suicidal would not feel any fear at all?

Reactions: coked_pigeon, NoQueríaVivir and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
The truth is that I have mixed feelings about it, but I promised myself I would try. I don't think I can actually work through my problems, so this is a potential solution.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Alexmoshu

Alexmoshu

Alex
Sep 18, 2018
Patience is always a good rule regarding making such a big decision in your life.

it's the Last decision. That's what i love about it. Full control over one's entire life. But of course, blah blah whopdy doo with great power comes great responsability. If you have family or signifficant others or whatever the shit. Ties that you absolutely have to be at peace with, that stuff that most people on this website would see as impediments. My philosophy is if you have stuff to leave behind be prepared to take it with you if they jump in the bus with you. Since the ctb phrase is actually a metaophor for a transition or a journey, one should be prepared to take their close ones even for a few stops on the way. I'm not trying to be preach-y. I believe in the Rational exit. That's why i have to be honest with everybody and myself. I was patient enough so i can safely say i have no baggage to take with me. It's a luxury vip position, i know. But there are some people here that have something going on actually. Some just try to be edgy, some are mentally fucked by pills/drugs. It's not right. It doesn't feel right. I'm not trying to stand tall on a high horse since i have the luxury of having nobody. I'm just trying to say that some people are here for the wrong reasons. I'm definitely Not saying that garblle gobble death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem gibble bullshit. Heard that enough. Sick of it. I'm saying that people deserve a second chance. Zanaxx deserved a second fucking chance goddamnit. Each and every one of you have their own mind set one way or the other. If you're in between than you should look at the bigger picture.

Reactions: TheB0Ar, lv-gras, Maravillosa and 1 other person
Alexmoshu

Alexmoshu

Alex
Sep 18, 2018
The truth is that I have mixed feelings about it, but I promised myself I would try. I don't think I can actually work through my problems, so this is a potential solution.

so by that logic that also means that there is a possibility to go through your legal problems or whatever you got going on. You know, since you have mixed feelings about this being just a potential solution.

Reactions: lv-gras
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I have horrible OCD and anxiety that I've had for years. I've never had a real girlfriend, can't do basic hobbies due to my OCD, am unemployed, etc., at age 25. I certainly wouldn't mind dying. I'm going to attempt the next chance I get. All I have to do is knock myself out and then let gravity take over.

Alexmoshu

Alexmoshu

Alex
Sep 18, 2018
I have horrible OCD and anxiety that I've had for years. I've never had a real girlfriend, can't do basic hobbies due to my OCD, am unemployed, etc., at age 25. I certainly wouldn't mind dying. I'm going to attempt the next chance I get. All I have to do is knock myself out and then let gravity take over.

ocd is a bitch. how exactly is it affecting your situation?

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Most of the things I enjoy doing, like reading/writing (writing is what I was doing for an income, actually), playing certain video games, studying language, get "contaminated." I was going to try to go to a hospital for treatment, but I can't even submit the application because it becomes "contaminated." I can't move forward in any direction - OCD has incapacitated me, it's the worst it's been in a while - hence why suicide seemed like a good option to me.

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I have that too to some degree, but it's more about things I do becoming "contaminated" by my intrusive thoughts.

Reactions: NoQueríaVivir
Alexmoshu

Alexmoshu

Alex
Sep 18, 2018
I fail to follow you dude. What exactly is "contaminated"? Is it like bad vibes or adiation? Is it a Monk type scenario? I'm just trying to learn.

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
https://iocdf.org/expert-opinions/expert-opinion-contamination/

It's more the "magical" contamination. OCD doesn't have to make any kind of logical sense, obviously. Anyway, I'll get bad thoughts that then "contaminated" the thing I'm writing or the book I'm reading, so that I have to rewrite or re-read. It's complicated.

Anyway, hopefully, I'll be gone soon so I don't have to worry about this garbage anymore.

Reactions: windingdown
Alexmoshu

Alexmoshu

Alex
Sep 18, 2018
I wish you well man. Sorry to hear that you're in this situation.

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Thanks. Yeah, it really sucks. Wish I had treated my OCD earlier and been serious about it.

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Lol, I'm too scared to do it. -___-

I start feeling this weird pressure in my head and then I chicken out.

• Aww..
Reactions: NoQueríaVivir
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I guess the head pressure means I'm doing it right, though? I guess I will try again on Sunday...

How long does it really take to pass out?

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
Why is taking ones own Life such a Big Decision?
Why is Suicide so frowned upon?
Is it Religion?
We all Die no matter what, so why do we Fear the Act of Dying?

Reactions: windingdown, Fucking loving it and CentreMid
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
I guess the head pressure means I'm doing it right, though? I guess I will try again on Sunday...

How long does it really take to pass out?
Shouldn't take longer than a Minute

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Why is taking ones own Life such a Big Decision?
Why is Suicide so frowned upon?
Is it Religion?
We all Die no matter what, so why do we Fear the Act of Dying?

Yes, Christianity is a major reason why suicide is frowned upon:

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/suicide/#ChrPro

The advent of institutional Christianity was perhaps the most important event in the philosophical history of suicide, for Christian doctrine has by and large held that suicide is morally wrong, despite the absence of clear Scriptural guidance regarding suicide. Although the early church fathers opposed suicide, St. Augustine is generally credited with offering the first justification of the Christian prohibition on suicide (Amundsen 1989). He saw the prohibition as a natural extension of the fifth commandment:

God's command 'Thou shalt not kill,' is to be taken as forbidding self-destruction, especially as it does not add 'thy neighbor', as it does when it forbids false witness, 'Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.' (Augustine, book I, chapter 20)
Suicide, Augustine determined, was an unrepentable sin. St. Thomas Aquinas later defended this prohibition on three grounds. (1) Suicide is contrary to natural self-love, whose aim is to preserve us. (2) Suicide injures the community of which an individual is a part. (3) Suicide violates our duty to God because God has given us life as a gift and in taking our lives we violate His right to determine the duration of our earthly existence (Aquinas 1271, part II, Q64, A5). This conclusion was codified in the medieval doctrine that suicide nullified human beings' relationship to God, for our control over our body was limited to usus (possession, employment) where God retained dominium (dominion, authority). Law and popular practice in the Middle Ages sanctioned the desecration of the suicidal corpse, along with confiscation of the individual's property and denial of Christian burial.​

Reactions: Fucking loving it, DeathBecomesMe and whatmattersmost
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
Natural Self-Love?
Sounds so Narcissistic
Fuck GOD
I Hate Religion

Reactions: NoQueríaVivir and Fucking loving it
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Hanging is gruesome. You took into account the difference between hanging and strangulation ? Do you meet the effective requirements for hanging ?

If you really want to .. and I'm extremely hesitant to recommend suicide (!) ... often a combination of powerful opiates and sedative will work for you.

In a situation like that (aside from sedatives and opiates possibly being insufficiently effective and impair judgement) I'd worry about surviving with brain damage or other serious complications.

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
Hanging is gruesome. You took into account the difference between hanging and strangulation ? Do you meet the effective requirements for hanging ?

If you really want to .. and I'm extremely hesitant to recommend suicide (!) ... often a combination of powerful opiates and sedative will work for you.

In a situation like that (aside from sedatives and opiates possibly being insufficiently effective and impair judgement) I'd worry about surviving with brain damage or other serious complications.
How would you survive that?
I plan to Hang this Weekend